Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation (Aussie) has returned to diwana  (Read 4107 times)

Kniwt

Temptation (Aussie) has returned to diwana
« on: November 04, 2006, 10:22:04 PM »
There seems to be some type of auto-scraper grabbing the episodes on a timer and uploading them -- they're complete with Aussie commercials now, although the very beginnings of some episodes appear to be missing.

No spoilage here, but the ones I'm watching now certainly have not been disappointing.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:54:45 AM »
The same auto-generator has added some episodes of Bert's Family Feud.  An obvious flaw of their Feud is apparent in the Halloween episode--(highlight to view) [color=\"#FFFFFF\"]3-day champs with winnings of $0.[/color]

Hopefully the possible spoilers above are somewhat camouflaged...

adamkendall

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:38:28 AM »
Can you tell me where to find this?

jdhernandez

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »
...and you wonder why I strongly, STRONGLY dislike Bert's version of the Family Feud... and why it's getting harder to watch Que Dice la Gente... except QDlG has several possible bonuses to win some cash.

Give me some Temptation and some Aussie Deal any day!
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'137234\' date=\'Nov 7 2006, 11:30 AM\']
...and you wonder why I strongly, STRONGLY dislike Bert's version of the Family Feud...
[/quote]
Actually I do, if your only knock against it is the manner in which contestants win money.

Or is that it? What about the show bothers you so much?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jdhernandez

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'137236\' date=\'Nov 7 2006, 02:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'137234\' date=\'Nov 7 2006, 11:30 AM\']
...and you wonder why I strongly, STRONGLY dislike Bert's version of the Family Feud...
[/quote]
Actually I do, if your only knock against it is the manner in which contestants win money.

Or is that it? What about the show bothers you so much?
[/quote]

That's a very good part of it. I feel it unfair that it's entirely possible to win four games in a row, and come out of it completely empty-handed.

Also, the show just does not seem genuine to me. For some reason, I don't get the "family feeling" when I watch his version of the show. Mexico had it for a while, but even Que Dice la Gente is losing that feeling I used to get when I watched the show.

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:47:30 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'137273\' date=\'Nov 7 2006, 08:00 PM\']
That's a very good part of it. I feel it unfair that it's entirely possible to win four games in a row, and come out of it completely empty-handed.

Also, the show just does not seem genuine to me.
[/quote]
Yeah, don't get it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 12:57:02 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'137273\' date=\'Nov 7 2006, 08:00 PM\']That's a very good part of it. I feel it unfair that it's entirely possible to win four games in a row, and come out of it completely empty-handed.[/quote] A team that has won four games would have piled up at a dollar a point under $1,000. I really don't see any reason to bother. "Our returning champs are back for their first night with winnings of $219m let's welcome the Hernandez family!"

Personally, I think the $5/point bonus is so small that I wouldn't even bother.

Game shows should not have to give away money for people who fail to win the grand prize. And a team that's been to Fast Money that many times should have knocked it over at least once, I'd hope.

Also, the show just does not seem genuine to me. For some reason, I don't get the "family feeling" when I watch his version of the show. Mexico had it for a while, but even Que Dice la Gente is losing that feeling I used to get when I watched the show.
That's not the reason I quit watching*, and I never got that vibe when I DID watch, but that's your call.

* For those who care, I had far too many things in the torrent and podcast pipeline, and Family Feud was the least interesting.
Travis L. Eberle

Kniwt

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 01:32:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'136944\' date=\'Nov 4 2006, 08:22 PM\']
There seems to be some type of auto-scraper grabbing the episodes on a timer and uploading them -- they're complete with Aussie commercials now, although the very beginnings of some episodes appear to be missing.
[/quote]

A quick kick to this old thread to note that once again, after an absence of many months, current episodes are being made available, commercials and all.  And the auto-grabber time window now extends for a few minutes before and after each scheduled airing.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 01:36:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'151895\' date=\'May 8 2007, 10:32 PM\']
A quick kick to this old thread to note that once again, after an absence of many months, current episodes are being made available, commercials and all.  And the auto-grabber time window now extends for a few minutes before and after each scheduled airing.
[/quote]
Ooh, that's excellent news. Thank you. THIS is what thread bumping is for. :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 01:55:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'151895\' date=\'May 8 2007, 10:32 PM\']A quick kick to this old thread to note that once again, after an absence of many months, current episodes are being made available, commercials and all.  And the auto-grabber time window now extends for a few minutes before and after each scheduled airing.[/quote] Well, crumbs. No more free time for me.

Free time for Temptation? Sounds like a fair trade. If you haven't seen the show before, you should. It is how Sale should be, to the letter.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:40 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'151898\' date=\'May 9 2007, 01:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'151895\' date=\'May 8 2007, 10:32 PM\']A quick kick to this old thread to note that once again, after an absence of many months, current episodes are being made available, commercials and all.  And the auto-grabber time window now extends for a few minutes before and after each scheduled airing.[/quote] Well, crumbs. No more free time for me.

Free time for Temptation? Sounds like a fair trade. If you haven't seen the show before, you should. It is how Sale should be, to the letter.
[/quote]
If the US version is HALF as engaging as the Aussie version, I'll be one happy man.

Even with a pretty-boy host.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
So the question is this: how can a marginally-competent sort like myself get access to the new episodes of this instantly-addictive show, since diwana is (I think) an invite-only site?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

jalman

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'151919\' date=\'May 9 2007, 01:34 PM\']
So the question is this: how can a marginally-competent sort like myself get access to the new episodes of this instantly-addictive show, since diwana is (I think) an invite-only site?
[/quote]
If you haven't gotten one, I'll be more than happy to send you an invite.

I also about 20 more invites so anyone who emails a request for invite will receive one.

Also, please include your email address; if you have your email address setting here set to "private" and don't include your addy in your request to me then I can't reach you.

(Hope this doesn't upset the mods)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:32:21 PM by jalman »

jdhernandez

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 11:00:22 PM »
Ditto on that. I have a plethora of invites to use. =) One of us will be glad to invite you.

By the way, it seems like they're not putting up every episode, so some episodes may be skipped... but many of them are still there, and any Temptation is better than no Temptation!

[quote name=\'jalman\' post=\'151927\' date=\'May 9 2007, 02:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'151919\' date=\'May 9 2007, 01:34 PM\']
[/quote]
If you haven't gotten one, I'll be more than happy to send you an invite.

I also about 20 more invites so anyone who emails a request for invite will receive one.

Also, please include your email address; if you have your email address setting here set to "private" and don't include your addy in your request to me then I can't reach you.

(Hope this doesn't upset the mods)
[/quote]