Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: original Joker's Wild pilot  (Read 2084 times)

chrispw1

original Joker's Wild pilot
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:29:51 AM »
I was at Mike Burger's pilot light site and I saw that the original pilot for Joker's Wild had it being played with celebrities and was hosted by Allen Ludden and had different scoring rules. Has anyone seen this pilot? Also, I read that when CBS first picked it up they were relunctant about having Jack Barry hosting and considered either Tom Kennedy or Wink Martindale but both were locked into other shows.

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »
[quote name=\'chrispw1\' post=\'138171\' date=\'Nov 18 2006, 10:29 AM\']
I was at Mike Burger's pilot light site and I saw that the original pilot for Joker's Wild had it being played with celebrities and was hosted by Allen Ludden and had different scoring rules. Has anyone seen this pilot?
[/quote]
If it's on Mike Burger's site, at the very least he's seen it.  That one also has been seen by many others and is readily available among game show traders.

By the way, welcome to the GSF! Since you're new to our board, some useful advice: please don't type in all lower case (or all upper case, for that matter), and please use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

alfonzos

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »
I have seen the pilot and (please note I am not a fan of any version of the series) the celebrities brought nothing to the show. Whoever decided to drop them made a good move.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »
Apparently there was another pilot of TJW done with THREE players, as evident in a promo shown for TJW that's been traded around.

I agree with the celeb's roles in the show. With THEM reading the questions, the host's role was fairly minimal.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »
Jack Barry still seemed enamoured with the format, so much so that he reused it on another pilot called The Honeymoon Game. After that pilot didn't sell, I'm sure he got the picture that the format needed tweaking.

--Jamie

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:07:03 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'138341\' date=\'Nov 20 2006, 02:27 PM\']
Apparently there was another pilot of TJW done with THREE players, as evident in a promo shown for TJW that's been traded around.
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this also the format for the local KTLA run before the show went to CBS?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 04:07:03 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this also the format for the local KTLA run before the show went to CBS?

I believe it was.  In the promo that was mentioned a couple of posts up, there's a brief shot of a player spinning single categories worth only $25, instead of the usual $50.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!