Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vintage "Concentration" host sighting  (Read 1402 times)

Fedya

Vintage "Concentration" host sighting
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
TCM is airing the Jerry Lewis movie The Bellboy on November 30 at 8:00 PM ET.  The part of the bell captain is played by Bob Clayton.  Now, there are multiple Bob Claytons in the IMDb, but if the IMDb is accurate on this one, this is the same Bob Clayton who would later become a game show announcer, as well as host Concentration.

(I haven't actually seen the movie recently enough to know whether it's the Bob Clayton we all know and love.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »
Yes, it's our Bob Clayton.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:35:36 PM »
I have seen this movie, and both Jerry Lewis and Bob Clayton were funny in it. And in Norm Blumenthal's 1975 book The TV Game Shows, he talked about kidding Bob about his movie career.

davemackey

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 10:03:41 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'139211\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 04:35 PM\']
I have seen this movie, and both Jerry Lewis and Bob Clayton were funny in it. And in Norm Blumenthal's 1975 book The TV Game Shows, he talked about kidding Bob about his movie career.
[/quote]
It was a very brief movie career - Bob Clayton only had this one role as an actor. But to be directed by Jerry Lewis in what was a very bizarre (and very short - the movie was only 73 minutes long) series of blackout gags, and with Lewis with no dialogue until the very end of the movie.

So Bob Clayton retreated to New York, became Hugh Downs' second banana, and everyone lived happily ever after. The End.