Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yes, I have an idea of how to enhance a show...  (Read 2179 times)

aaron sica

Yes, I have an idea of how to enhance a show...
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:38:53 PM »
I must admit I always kind of laugh at the posts when people come up with ideas to enhance a show. Then, I actually came up with this one myself, getting the idea from seeing the "Super Puzzle" vidcap from German WoF. This idea actually kind of gives a nod to the old "shopping" days. It's a two-tiered bonus round. I'll give some raw details and then let everyone squabble over how it would be improved. :)

Tier one involves solving puzzles as the letters come up (like the buzz-in to choose spinning order) with a specified amount of time (30 or 45 seconds). The more puzzles you solve, the higher level you can pick your prize from. The number of puzzles you solve determines what level you will be at. Just solve 1 puzzle? You could pick from $10,000 or perhaps an economy car. Solve 5 puzzles? You could be playing for $100,000 (which is still the top cash prize).

Tier two is the the same bonus round we're used to, RSTLNE and then 3 more consonants and 1 vowel. Prize of course is whatever you picked in tier one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 08:39:58 PM by aaron sica »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:33:50 PM »
Even if the show were willing to have some more game time and less random plugs and Spin IDs and graphics, I'm not sure how I'd like this. You're going through a decent number of puzzles - and honestly, the contestants they choose to have nowadays aren't the greatest puzzle solvers. They all can't be McClellan's. So you'd have people play at the first few levels, boring those who tune in to see MONEY MONEY MONEY.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:34:05 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Steve McClellan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:05 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 10:33 PM\']They all can't be McClellan's.[/quote]
And praise the deity of your choice for that!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:48:46 AM by Steve McClellan »

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:21:25 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'139471\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 09:33 PM\']
Even if the show were willing to have some more game time and less random plugs and Spin IDs and graphics, I'm not sure how I'd like this. You're going through a decent number of puzzles - and honestly, the contestants they choose to have nowadays aren't the greatest puzzle solvers. They all can't be McClellan's. So you'd have people play at the first few levels, boring those who tune in to see MONEY MONEY MONEY.

-Jason
[/quote]
I think Aaron is close to a good idea. I assume that by adding the 30-45 second puzzle-solving round, you're taking time away from the main game. (I'm okay with that.)

The problem with the levels is that it demeans the lower-level merchandise, and NO sponsor will pay for that! Try this: If you solve only one puzzle (and I'm assuming there will always be time for one to be completely revealed), you choose an envelope and proceed exactly the same as in the current bonus. If you solve two or more, though, you reveal the contents of the envelope and you have the choice to play for that or choose another envelope. You get an additional opportunity to change for each puzzle solved.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.