Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Body Language this time...  (Read 4480 times)

Kimriffic

Body Language this time...
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:15:07 AM »
Okay, help again!  I thought that today (12/11) was supposed to be Monday of the Vicki Lawrence/Nathan Cook week on Body Language, but it seems to be Thursday...am I right?  I'm only guessing, but they said it's the day after Halloween, and I'm pretty sure that would have been a Thursday.  Thanks!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Kimriffic\' post=\'140195\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 11:15 AM\']
Okay, help again!  I thought that today (12/11) was supposed to be Monday of the Vicki Lawrence/Nathan Cook week on Body Language, but it seems to be Thursday...am I right?  I'm only guessing, but they said it's the day after Halloween, and I'm pretty sure that would have been a Thursday.  Thanks!
[/quote]

You're correct. Having looked at a calendar for 1984, the day after Halloween was a Thursday. The episodes from 10/30 and 10/31 had aired last Thursday and Friday. I think Body Language didn't have overlapping guest weeks (a la MG 7x or P+), could it be an issue on GSN's end or did CBS have a couple of preemptions in the first several months of the run?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »
There was a pre-emption on Labor Day for US Open Tennis, for one.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kimriffic

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
Aww, man!  This was one of the weeks that I needed, and the episode today was the one I already had from this week!  Stupid GSN!  Tell me which episodes are going to be on!!!

Actually, looking at the episode guide, it does say that the Jennilee Harrison/Marty Cohen week was only 3 eps.  I guess that would have done it.  I'm so rarely home when BL is on, that I'm never sure which day I'm watching.  But that's very annoying!!!  I haven't been paying that close of attention because I didn't need any eps for quite awhile...it's hard waiting for the ones you need to come around (tryign to keep track always throws me off!), and really frustrating when you miss them!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Kimriffic\' post=\'140208\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 01:43 PM\']
Actually, looking at the episode guide, it does say that the Jennilee Harrison/Marty Cohen week was only 3 eps.  I guess that would have done it.
[/quote]

As mentioned earlier, the Monday episode was preempted for US Open Tennis. However, why would the Tuesday show have been preempted as well? Did CBS get an early start on the Schoolbreak Specials for the 1984-85 school year (seeing that school started that week for much of the nation)? Anyone with a TV Guide from that week have the answer?

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'140214\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 02:31 PM\']
Actually, looking at the episode guide, it does say that the Jennilee Harrison/Marty Cohen week was only 3 eps.  I guess that would have done it.
[/quote]

As mentioned earlier, the Monday episode was preempted for US Open Tennis. However, why would the Tuesday show have been preempted as well? Did CBS get an early start on the Schoolbreak Specials for the 1984-85 school year (seeing that school started that week for much of the nation)? Anyone with a TV Guide from that week have the answer?
[/quote]

Oddly enough, this was the week I was born... I was born on the 6th... but I digress.  As per newspaper microfilms in the library, the Tuesday show was not preempted that week; however, most (if not all) of Friday the 7th's daytime lineup was preempted for more US Open Tennis.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PasswordPluster

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 07:58:50 PM »
Another instance is most of the weeks of BL start on Wednesday for the first episode and end on the Tuesday of the following week. So with the chronology of the episodes and thanks to the skippage and the 3 Cohen/Harrison episodes, the running order is correct and the new week will start on Wednesday for the next 2 celebrities.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:23:52 PM by PasswordPluster »

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:19 PM »
[quote name=\'PasswordPluster\' post=\'140256\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 07:58 PM\']
another instance is most of the weeks of this show start on Wednesday for the first episode and end on the Tuesday of the following week so with the chronology of the episodes and thanks to the skippage and the 3 Cohen/Harrison episodes, the running order is correct and the new week will start on Wednesday for the next 2 celebrities on GSN
[/quote]
Hello, and welcome to the Game Show Forum! Since you're relatively new to our board, some useful advice: please don't type in all-upper or all-lower case, and please use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 10:12:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PasswordPluster\' post=\'140266\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 10:01 PM\']
Welcome to my simple response and thank you for your welcome.

Might I add that a simple quick edit request would do (which I did) thank you.
[/quote]
Sorry if I appeared to be jumping on you -- it wasn't my intent.

Oh, and no, there wasn't a need to edit the post for that sort of thing after the fact; just be a touch more careful next time, please.  I'll try to do likewise. :-)

Fedya

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 09:53:51 PM »
[/quote]

[/quote]
For many years, CBS has broadcast the second Friday of US Open tennis, with the Men's Doubles final beginning at 11:00 AM Eastern, followed by a 30-minute break (in which some local affiliates leave for local news), followed by the two Women's semifinals.  If that week was three episodes, they could have been Tuesday-Thursday, with the Monday and Friday episodes being preempted.  (I don't remember what time of day Body Language aired.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Scrabbleship

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:15:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'140338\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 09:53 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
For many years, CBS has broadcast the second Friday of US Open tennis, with the Men's Doubles final beginning at 11:00 AM Eastern, followed by a 30-minute break (in which some local affiliates leave for local news), followed by the two Women's semifinals.  If that week was three episodes, they could have been Tuesday-Thursday, with the Monday and Friday episodes being preempted.  (I don't remember what time of day Body Language aired.)
[/quote]

Come to think of it, in the episode guide the dates are consecutive (September 4-6) <smacks self in the head>.

trainman

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'140338\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 06:53 PM\'](I don't remember what time of day Body Language aired.)
[/quote]

4:00 P.M. Eastern, which is why I'd never even heard of "Body Language" until I saw its entry in the EoTVGS.  (I'm under the impression that it had a worse clearance rate than its contemporary "Super Password" -- but that impression may solely be because I had heard of, and occasionally seen, "Super Password," despite it also not airing in Tampa.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:54:38 PM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 12:57:16 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'140345\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 09:53 PM\']
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'140338\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 06:53 PM\'](I don't remember what time of day Body Language aired.)
[/quote]

4:00 P.M. Eastern, which is why I'd never even heard of "Body Language" until I saw its entry in the EoTVGS.  (I'm under the impression that it had a worse clearance rate than its contemporary "Super Password" -- but that impression may solely be because I had heard of, and occasionally seen, "Super Password," despite it also not airing in Tampa.)
[/quote]
On the O&O's, it ran at 12N ET/11AM C&P (Chicago on a one-day delay, but still at 11).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

snowpeck

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 02:41:11 AM »
Did nobody notice that I already posted in this thread a couple days ago saying that I researched this and found that the Friday show was preempted for US Open Tennis?

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'140345\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 10:53 PM\']
[/quote]

That's OK - I wasn't aware that P+ was still on the air in early '82 until I was down at my aunt and uncle's in MD (were you collecting TV Guides as early as age 7, Jim? I was) and saw it listed on WRC-4 from DC (at 9:30am, I want to say).

Along the same vein, I'd venture to guess there are probably people in this group who also never knew of MG90's existence if their local affiliate substituted noon news or some other show.