Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MORE primetime games  (Read 5967 times)

tvrandywest

MORE primetime games
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
Both "Show Me The Money" and "1 vs 100" have just been given short renewals. CBS has two more in the pipeline that may see the air. A couple from SONY that may or may not get green lights at NATPE. And then there's "Identity". Place your bets whether or not it's seen again after its 5 nights-in-a-row debut week.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:34:24 AM by chris319 »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

MORE primetime games
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'140205\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 02:27 PM\']
Both "Show Me The Money" and "1 vs 100" have just been given short renewals. [/quote]

I had thought that 1v100 was already given a nod for a healthy run for the rest of the season, no?  So how long does the renewal give 1v100 now?

Randy, any clues as to what CBS has up their sleeve?  Are they considering bringing any Game Show Marathon games back for a trial series run (less Ricki & Rich)?

tpirfan28

MORE primetime games
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:03:36 PM »
Okey dokey...my take...

1 vs 100 seems like it will make the entire season.  Good for them.

Show Me the Money, I have a feeling, will be dead quickly.  Which is a shame, since the actual quiz portion is strong.

Identity, judging from the online game, is hard as hell.  If the show is more dumbed down, then there is a chance.  If it's like the online game, it'll be way too hard.

If or when Child's Play makes it to the airwaves, it could make a great 8pm show for family viewing.

If CBS has another GameShow Marathon in the works...well....pray this wouldn't be Dave Price's fortay into the genre.

But this is great news Randy!
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
MORE primetime games
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »
If it's like the online game, it'll be way too hard.

In three games, I managed to win $500,000 once, and two other times fell down somewhere in the middle of the tree. IF (and this is IF mind you) the show is like the online game, money should come easy early on in the form of outlier identities ("wearing brown pants" - uh, DUH). Then as you whittle it down you use intuition and your helps appropriately. It's kind of hard to describe here in text how I played, but late in one of my games, there were 4 men and 1 woman left, and four of the remaining identifiers didn't really suit her. So if the show and online game are paralleled in this way, they aren't trying too hard to trick you.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

MORE primetime games
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'140211\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 02:03 PM\']
Identity, judging from the online game, is hard as hell.  If the show is more dumbed down, then there is a chance.  If it's like the online game, it'll be way too hard.
[/quote]
With $500,000 on the line, I would HOPE for the game to be difficult!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

narzo

MORE primetime games
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 04:27:52 PM »
During this mornings "Howard Stern Show" when Robin was doing the news she reported ABC has bought the rights to a new game show from some company in Germany (if I heard right).  This was the first I had heard of it and I can't find the story anyplace else.

-edit- never mind, found the story http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795531...yid=14&cs=1
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:31:22 PM by narzo »

tvrandywest

MORE primetime games
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »
It's early for any guess for "Wanna Bet" for ABC. Way early in the process.

"1 vs 100" got an order for only 5 more episodes, "Show Me the Money" got 6.

IMHO, "Identity" does not look as good as we would have hoped in format execution and production, but you be the judge.

There is no talk at CBS that I'm aware of for any more "Marathon". They have a quizzer with kids vs adults, and a hope to remount "Name That Tune". But it's early in the process for those, as well.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Brig Bother

MORE primetime games
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »
What's funny, of course, is that you've already tried Wanna Bet? once already.

http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/weekendspecials/wannabet.htm

itiparanoid13

MORE primetime games
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 05:33:53 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Randy, but I could have sworn 1vs100 was renewed for an additional 10 episodes, not 5.  Things may have changed, obviously, and I wouldn't be shocked.

narzo

MORE primetime games
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'140232\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 04:33 PM\']
Correct me if I'm wrong, Randy, but I could have sworn 1vs100 was renewed for an additional 10 episodes, not 5.  Things may have changed, obviously, and I wouldn't be shocked.
[/quote]

correct, total episode order of 15 so far.

tvrandywest

MORE primetime games
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 10:40:18 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'140232\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 02:33 PM\']
[/quote]
Straight from the mouth of a senior staffer on the show. Five more tape in January.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

narzo

MORE primetime games
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 10:48:39 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'140269\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 09:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'140232\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 02:33 PM\']
[/quote]
Straight from the mouth of a senior staffer on the show. Five more tape in January.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/release_de...sthemathby.html

I think we're all figuring the numbers differently.  The renewal was in October for 10 more "...bringing its total episode order to 15".  The 12/15 episode is number 8, so I'm sure there are 5 more to tape in January.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:55:16 PM by narzo »

itiparanoid13

MORE primetime games
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 10:57:51 PM »
OH, now I get it.  Sorry for the confusion, guys.

calliaume

MORE primetime games
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 11:17:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'140229\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 06:28 PM\']
There is no talk at CBS that I'm aware of for any more "Marathon". They have a quizzer with kids vs adults, and a hope to remount "Name That Tune". But it's early in the process for those, as well.
[/quote]
Isn't remounting NTT just asking for music licensing issues?  Also, what kind of music do they put on -- standards, '60s and '70s, current hits?  And will anyone remember how this game is played other than us?

Just rhetorical questions, mind you.

Matt Ottinger

MORE primetime games
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 12:13:07 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'140273\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 11:17 PM\']Isn't remounting NTT just asking for music licensing issues?  Also, what kind of music do they put on -- standards, '60s and '70s, current hits?  And will anyone remember how this game is played other than us?

Just rhetorical questions, mind you.[/quote]
The early word was that they were looking for multi-generational teams of players and that the music would cross all spectrums, or at least those spectrums for which rights can be acquired.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.