Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USA TODAY article on game show trend  (Read 4746 times)

Jimmy Owen

USA TODAY article on game show trend
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 02:35:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'140976\' date=\'Dec 19 2006, 01:26 AM\']

So you think an Executive Producer of The Price is Right doesn't have a say?  Perhaps this is naive of me, but I can't possibly think that someone else can be exculsively calling the shots.

[/quote]

I see it as similar to what happened with the Tonight Show.  Johnny Carson wanted Letterman to succeed him, NBC wanted Leno.  The only difference here is Bob is being forced to retire, so his opinion is valued even less.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'140981\' date=\'Dec 19 2006, 02:35 AM\']

So you think an Executive Producer of The Price is Right doesn't have a say?  Perhaps this is naive of me, but I can't possibly think that someone else can be exculsively calling the shots.

[/quote]

I see it as similar to what happened with the Tonight Show.  Johnny Carson wanted Letterman to succeed him, NBC wanted Leno.  The only difference here is Bob is being forced to retire, so his opinion is valued even less.
[/quote]

NBC owns the Tonight Show, however, and CBS does not own TPIR.

tvwxman

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »
[/quote]
If you honest to gawd think that Bob-o does anything more than selectively fire the models, you're being a LOT more than naive with that statement.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"