Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best of Match Game DVD  (Read 2628 times)

jmangin

Best of Match Game DVD
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:01:26 AM »
Has anyone encountered problems with their set of DVDs?  Specifically, I am having trouble viewing Episode 06-05 (8/4/79) and Episode 12-1 (9/8/79), as well as the Photo Gallery; all three are found on Disc Four.

The sound & picture skip, and the video sometimes becomes pixellated.  I've tried a few different brands and types of DVD players, so I figured it must be a problem from when the DVD was compiled or burned to the disc.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

mmb5

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:41:05 AM »
Actually I'm having a different problem.  On discs 1 and 2, sometimes it goes back a few chapters for no apparent reason.  This is with PowerDVD.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

scottua1

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:40:30 AM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'141682\' date=\'Dec 29 2006, 09:01 AM\']
Has anyone encountered problems with their set of DVDs?  Specifically, I am having trouble viewing Episode 06-05 (8/4/79) and Episode 12-1 (9/8/79), as well as the Photo Gallery; all three are found on Disc Four.

The sound & picture skip, and the video sometimes becomes pixellated.  I've tried a few different brands and types of DVD players, so I figured it must be a problem from when the DVD was compiled or burned to the disc.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
[/quote]
I had similar problems with my set (disc 4, also). When I tried playing the first ep on the disc, it stopped midway through. And when I tried to select the original pilot from the extra menu, the menu just kept flashing. The same thing happened on both my standalone player and my DVD-ROM drive. I actually just sent it back to Deep Discount DVD this morning, for a refund.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:41:28 AM by scottua1 »

WhammyPower

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »
I have the same problems with Disc 4.  Otherwise, one of my players moans and groans at all 4 discs when the menu is on screen.

tpirfan28

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »
(raises hand)

I've been having the same problems...I really wanted to watch the ep. with Bob Barker (11 maybe?)  I can watch the open, then it gets all pixellated.

The pilot jerks like heck all over the place...and is also pixellated.

Two more of the eps I've watched (donno right off hand which ones they were, but on disc 4) also perform like the show with Bob, one additional funks up like the pilot.

The disc 4 photo gallery doesn't open at all for me.

There is also one episode on disc 1 that has an extreme audio glitch, causing it to be out of sync for about a minute or so.  I don't know if that's my player(s) or not.

/has *5* DVD players...only played on one
//2 portable, one TV/DVD combo, one "normal" player, and my semi-new laptop
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Hastin

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »
I wonder if these are bad presses, or just cheap/thin wafers they used. This many people shouldn't be having that many problems with the DVDs.
-Hastin :)

xavier45

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'141763\' date=\'Dec 30 2006, 08:43 PM\']

There is also one episode on disc 1 that has an extreme audio glitch, causing it to be out of sync for about a minute or so.  I don't know if that's my player(s) or not.

[/quote]

This also happened to me. Thankfully it fixed after the commercial blackout.

jmangin

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 06:48:53 PM »
This thing is a piece of crap.  I returned the original set I got as a gift and exchanged it for a brand new version.  Disc four does the same thing on each of my DVD players as it did before!!

Robert Hutchinson

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:08:10 PM »
Could this perhaps be a case of a too-hasty second print run (or whatever you call it with DVDs)? I remember the discussion when the set first came out, and no one mentioned anything beyond one or two mastering glitches. And it did seem to sell better than expected at first.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Don Howard

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 10:49:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'141805\' date=\'Dec 31 2006, 10:08 PM\']
Could this perhaps be a case of a too-hasty second print run (or whatever you call it with DVDs)? I remember the discussion when the set first came out, and no one mentioned anything beyond one or two mastering glitches. And it did seem to sell better than expected at first.
[/quote]
I must say I've had exactly zero problems with the DVDs of this treasury that I received approximately one month ago.
Whether that means I just got lucky I do not know, but I've had no trouble in the areas described above or elsewhere in this collection.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:19:39 PM by Don Howard »

FeudDude

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'141805\' date=\'Dec 31 2006, 10:08 PM\']
[/quote]

I got my copy around Thanksgiving, and it did have those problems.  Although, at the time I had assumed it was just the DVD player I was using, because it worked fine when I tried it in my other one.

gsahost

Best of Match Game DVD
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »
Add me to the list. Pretty much the same trouble as what has been already mentioned; the Barker ep, a couple others (not sure of the numbers or airdates off the top of my head, I know they're 3 and 5 in the listing), the 1962 pilot and the photo gallery. All on Disc 4.

[/quote]

A couple of links I found suggest that to be the case.

GSN Buzz

Afterdawn forum

--Jeff