Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Medical game show - info?  (Read 1940 times)

dzinkin

Medical game show - info?
« on: January 03, 2007, 06:27:44 AM »
Back when Lifetime's Sunday schedule was filled with its "Lifetime Medical Television" service for physicians, there was a game show that featured a long-serving attending physician as host and medical residents as contestants.  The host would provide a hypothetical patient's history and complaint in brief form, give the contestants a short time (accompanied by think music) to write their diagnoses, say "Your answers please," and then have each resident give his or her answer and the basis for it.  Residents were given points both for correct answers and correct explanations, and the resident with the most points won.

I distinctly remember both the host saying "Your answers please" when the time ran out and the fact that there was no round in which the contestants had to ring in to be first; it was judged strictly on the answers and explanations.  I also know that it didn't have a very long run -- if my memory is correct, its run ended either when the Lifetime Medical Television service ended or not long before.  Does anyone else remember anything about this show?

tvmitch

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:39:52 AM »
Sounds like "Diagnose It, You Moron!" with your friendly host, Gregory House!

(couldn't resist)
You should follow me on Twitter

DrBear

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:39:17 AM »
Didn't Ernie Kovacs do a spoof called "What's My Disease?"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 01:17:21 AM »
I was thinking more of Firesign Theater's Beat the Reaper.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:34:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'142238\' date=\'Jan 5 2007, 12:17 AM\']
I was thinking more of Firesign Theater's Beat the Reaper.
[/quote]
Or at the very least, don't fear it.

/We need more cowbell!
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)