Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rick Rosner's latest project  (Read 2232 times)

dzinkin

Rick Rosner's latest project
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »
Rick Rosner, producer of the Davidson-era Hollywood Squares, has a new project: a fully portable, self-contained DirecTV satellite dish and receiver.  I'd been reading about the Sat-Go for some time but didn't know he was behind it.

The full article, which also briefly discusses his work in TV including his Squares tenure (and even has a mention of the Bahamas trip and a quote from Harry Friedman), can be found here.

Fair warning: while Davidson's not involved in the project, he is mentioned in the article. ;-)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 01:25:29 PM by dzinkin »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 05:00:46 PM »
That's little expensive for my tastes, but darn if that isn't one of the niftiest ideas I've ever seen.  Imagine taking one of these things to a tailgate party outside, say, the Super Bowl.

ObGameShow: Rosner's Caesar's Challenge was a nifty little game, Ahmad Rashad notwithstanding.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »
Rosner had three pretty good shows on NBC daytime: CChallenge, Just Men and CHiPs.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'142532\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 06:49 PM\']
Rosner had three pretty good shows on NBC daytime: CChallenge, Just Men and CHiPs.
[/quote]
Three shows from three different genres, all from one guy. Pretty versatile man.

(I consider JM to be a talk show with a game personally. YMMV.)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'142537\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 07:17 PM\']
[/quote]
So did they.

Funny story (in an "I laugh because I dare not cry" way): After reading your post I wondered if there was a Wiki article for JM. Indeed there is. It contains the following passage:

In the final round, using only the celebrities with unclaimed keys, each of the two contestants were given the chance to straight-up question a celebrity, based on the round's topic.

"Straight-up question." Following the initial shudder, I was compelled to check the edit history to see who thought "straight-up question" was appropriate language for an encyclopedia article.

I was right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'142537\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 11:17 PM\']
[/quote]
Three shows from three different genres, all from one guy. Pretty versatile man.

[/quote]

I always thought JM should have been called "CHiPS: Up Close and Personal".  Rosner had nearly every male regular from that cop show appear as a celeb for at least a week.  

I don't remember Erik Estrada appearing on the show, though -- I guess it was below him to appear on some lower-class show to make an extra buck.

/LA-15-7-Mary-3 in pursuit of a rusted out pickup truck on the Muncie Bypass.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'142571\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:10 AM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'142537\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 11:17 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I always thought JM should have been called "CHiPS: Up Close and Personal".  Rosner had nearly every male regular from that cop show appear as a celeb for at least a week.  

I don't remember Erik Estrada appearing on the show, though -- I guess it was below him to appear on some lower-class show to make an extra buck.

/LA-15-7-Mary-3 in pursuit of a rusted out pickup truck on the Muncie Bypass.
[/quote]

He was still a star back then.  :)