Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Live..  (Read 3394 times)

TimK2003

TPIR Live..
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
Randy,

Are you doing the current TPIR Live run in Vegas this week?  And who is hosting?

tvrandywest

TPIR Live..
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'143485\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 09:46 AM\']Are you doing the current TPIR Live run in Vegas this week?  And who is hosting?[/quote]
I'm doing TPiR-Live in Vegas now and for the next few months. Several hosts (old and new to the show) are rotating in and out right now, with Todd to return shortly.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:39:13 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

TPIR Live..
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'143497\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 05:54 PM\']
I'm doing TPiR-Live in Vegas now and for the next few months. Several hosts will be switching off in the coming weeks.

[/quote]

Great, I'm sending one of my henchmen down from Colorado tomorrow to see you....and the show!!   I told him to give you my business card with a "password" on the back.  Be nice to him, will ya?

Actually, he mentioned he was going to see the show when he went to Vegas this week, and seeing I bought the MG DVD set and seeing I'm not going to get to Vegas by the end of Feb, I gave him my 2 for 1 ticket voucher and all the necessary credentials (proof of purchase & receipt) to redeem it.

And depending on how much I can get back in taxes this year, I may make a run down there in March or April.

Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 09:41:00 PM by TimK2003 »

rialtus

TPIR Live..
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 12:20:27 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'143497\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 04:54 PM\']I'm doing TPiR-Live in Vegas now and for the next few months. Several hosts (old and new to the show) are rotating in and out right now, with Todd to return shortly.[/quote]Had it not been so bloody COLD I might have swung by the last few days, but, well... Maybe in May.

tvrandywest

TPIR Live..
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:49:04 AM »
DO come on down.

Among the hosts rotating this week and next that  I CAN mention is David Ruprecht Tuesday - Thursday, 1/23 - 1/25.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

LA the DJ

TPIR Live..
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:19:10 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'143691\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 02:49 AM\']
DO come on down.

Among the hosts rotating this week and next that  I CAN mention is David Ruprecht Tuesday - Thursday, 1/23 - 1/25.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]
Wow. I didn't realize that the host rotation is hush-hush now.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

tvrandywest

TPIR Live..
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 03:24:15 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'143692\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 12:19 AM\']Wow. I didn't realize that the host rotation is hush-hush now.[/quote]
Not two "hushes", just one "hush" because my boss is sensitive about having stuff posted on the net in advance. Rightfully, employers like to exercise their right to control publicity, and employees like to work.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com

davemackey

TPIR Live..
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:58:20 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'143693\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 03:24 AM\']
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'143692\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 12:19 AM\']Wow. I didn't realize that the host rotation is hush-hush now.[/quote]
Not two "hushes", just one "hush" because my boss is sensitive about having stuff posted on the net in advance. Rightfully, employers like to exercise their right to control publicity, and employees like to work.   ;-)
[/quote]
I just wanna throw in that I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Ruprecht do his thing in Atlantic City once (with the mighty Randy on the announce mike, no less) and the combination is great. It brings back great memories of their chemistry on the Sweep.

I have no idea if they're still even doing the TPIR Live in Atlantic City.... haven't seen a billboard for it of late, and I seldom if ever get down to AC these days.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Live..
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 11:17:50 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'143699\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 03:58 AM\']
I have no idea if they're still even doing the TPIR Live in Atlantic City.... haven't seen a billboard for it of late, and I seldom if ever get down to AC these days.
[/quote]
They don't have multiple touring companies, do they, Randy? I gotta think that if Randy is in Vegas, he's not in Atlantic City. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

TPIR Live..
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'143699\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 06:58 AM\']
[/quote]
On hiatus
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

davemackey

TPIR Live..
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:21:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'143713\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 11:17 AM\']
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'143699\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 03:58 AM\']
[/quote]
They don't have multiple touring companies, do they, Randy? I gotta think that if Randy is in Vegas, he's not in Atlantic City. :)
[/quote]
Daniel Rosen was announcing the show in Atlantic City for the time that they overlapped. I was always fortunate enough to show up on days that Randy was in the house.

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR Live..
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 11:01:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'143693\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 03:24 AM\']
Not two "hushes", just one "hush" because my boss is sensitive about having stuff posted on the net in advance. Rightfully, employers like to exercise their right to control publicity, and employees like to work.   ;-)[/quote]

Since I have no connection with your employer, and since I have a friend who has another friend who was a contestant last night, I feel safe in reporting that one of the hosts is Doug Davidson.

/Hopes Dougie isn't doing it the way he did 12 years ago.

TimK2003

TPIR Live..
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'144021\' date=\'Jan 21 2007, 12:01 AM\']

Since I have no connection with your employer, and since I have a friend who has another friend who was a contestant last night, I feel safe in reporting that one of the hosts is Doug Davidson.

/Hopes Dougie isn't doing it the way he did 12 years ago.
[/quote]

My co-worker just came back from Las Vegas and saw the show.  Indeed it was Doug Davidson.  From what he said, Doug did a pretty good job...and so did Randy, although my co-worker forgot to say "hi" to him before he left.

(Randy, allegedly this particular show had a lady who was more excited to come up on stage and kiss Doug than she was to actually play the game).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:18:10 PM by TimK2003 »

tvrandywest

TPIR Live..
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'144306\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 06:15 PM\']Randy, allegedly this particular show had a lady who was more excited to come up on stage and kiss Doug than she was to actually play the game. [/quote]
Doug has a large and loyal following. There was a great response even before he took the stage when I introduced him as the host during the warm-up. And that popularity was evident during the after-show "meet and greet".

Not specific to Doug, and as a general concept, I have to agree with the school of thought about known performers bringing with them a built in audience when they are cast in a new project. The question in my mind is whether or not that audience will stay with the new show after the novelty wears off if the object of their affection isn't up to the task.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:46:32 PM by tvrandywest »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
TPIR Live..
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 12:12:48 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'144307\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 06:45 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'144306\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 06:15 PM\']Randy, allegedly this particular show had a lady who was more excited to come up on stage and kiss Doug than she was to actually play the game. [/quote]
Doug has a large and loyal following. There was a great response even before he took the stage when I introduced him as the host during the warm-up. And that popularity was evident during the after-show "meet and greet".

Not specific to Doug, and as a general concept, I have to agree with the school of thought about known performers bringing with them a built in audience when they are cast in a new project. The question in my mind is whether or not that audience will stay with the new show after the novelty wears off if the object of their affection isn't up to the task.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]
All Dougie's fans are probably more Y&R fans than TPIR, I suspect.

I may be wrong, though.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"