Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker's Final Tape Date....  (Read 4238 times)

tpirfan28

Barker's Final Tape Date....
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:40:41 PM »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:22:58 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'143899\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 07:40 PM\']
June 6th is the final tape with Bob.
[/quote]
D-Day. How interesting.

The Pyramids

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »
Reruns untill September I see. I was half expecting to see a new host the following Monday.

SamJ93

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'143950\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 12:11 PM\']
Reruns untill September I see. I was half expecting to see a new host the following Monday.
[/quote]

Would they air the shows in the order they were taped if that were the case, though? I'm predicting (and I have been wrong about these things, so take it or leave it) that they'll go into reruns as usual (since casual viewers usually don't know the difference) and save his last show (or week of shows) until right before the season premiere.

--Sam J., apparently trying to break the world record for most paranthetical comments in one post (if such a thing exists (does it? (I've lost count)))
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

TheLastResort

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 09:19:48 PM »
I would think they'd run his last show in July (sweeps) and perhaps again in September for the season finale.  Just a wild guess though.

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'144008\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 09:19 PM\']
I would think they'd run his last show in July (sweeps) and perhaps again in September for the season finale.  Just a wild guess though.
[/quote]

I personally don't think July sweeps really apply to the networks.  I could see that for the local stations.  In any event, I would think the show would air in the normal order (whatever day that is, which I believe would be in the following week).

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'144008\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 08:19 PM\']
[/quote]
The June tapings usually aren't that far ahead of the air date.

My guess--if 6/6/07 is the final tape date the final show airs 6/15.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »
I have no idea when Barker's final show airs...but at this point, with four weekdays so far that don't have their own episodes, it seems pretty likely that it will be a Monday show.

Then again, since the finale will actually be noticeable this year, maybe they'll intentionally end the season on a Friday instead of doing exactly 175 episodes.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:01 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'144013\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 09:45 PM\']
I personally don't think July sweeps really apply to the networks.  I could see that for the local stations.
[/quote]
Nah...local stations don't put that much effort into it either, at least not the ones in Norfolk.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

whewfan

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:41 AM »
I know I will try my darndest to be there. Does anyone know how many shows Bob will have taped once the finale is taped?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 01:13:33 AM »
Conjecture and semi-educated guessing puts the week of June 25-29 as the most likely spot for the finale.  I'm not sure if Price is able to aim for a specific day, especially if there are pre-emptions afoot.
This signature is currently under construction.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 04:04:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'144160\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 01:13 AM\']
Conjecture and semi-educated guessing puts the week of June 25-29 as the most likely spot for the finale.  I'm not sure if Price is able to aim for a specific day, especially if there are pre-emptions afoot.
[/quote]

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least another 2-4 pre-emptions between now & then.  Right now, as it is, I see a mid-late June airing of his last regular TPIR show.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »
I don't want to post a specific date because it's far enough away that it could easily change, but looking at the projected calendar right now, Bob's final show is scheduled to air on a Friday and will air the day after his second-to-last episode (i.e., they're not postponing it for a specific date).

--
Scott Robinson

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »
That's merely standard operating procedure.  I would see if they went out of their way to make sure the last show aired was the last one taped, though, as opposed to chucking pre-empted shows on the end.

I think it's safe to say that from Memorial Day Weekend on, the Studio will be swamped.  There have already been some large lines this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's over 1000 people in line at any point.
This signature is currently under construction.

tvrandywest

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'144050\' date=\'Jan 21 2007, 03:26 AM\']
I know I will try my darndest to be there. Does anyone know how many shows Bob will have taped once the finale is taped?[/quote]

A shitload. My best guess is close to 6,500 TPiRs.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com