Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Crosswords" cleared on NBC o and o's  (Read 2674 times)

narzo

"Crosswords" cleared on NBC o and o's
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »
Broadcasting and Cable is reporting that "Let's Play Crosswords" is a go on the NBC o and o's for this fall, and other stations are now lining up no that it is considered a "go" for fall.

-edit-  I used the language "is a go" and "cleared" because the breaking news e-mail that B and C sent out was sounding much more firm about it than the article linked below.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:08:12 PM by narzo »

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »
Link

Let's see...now we've got "Crosswords" and "Temptations" added to "Feud", "Millionaire", "Wheel", and "J!".  Seems like a good syndie crop for 07-08.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'144975\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 09:54 PM\']
Link

Let's see...now we've got "Crosswords" and "Temptations" added to "Feud", "Millionaire", "Wheel", and "J!".  Seems like a good syndie crop for 07-08.
[/quote]
Agreed. If the two new kids on the block can pull respectable ratings (mid 2s), it could very well open the door to more in 08, specifically Deal and Joker. The fact that NBC's three shows do quite well helps as well, even if they get such a bad rap around here. Any word on that comedy game show being pitched?

Also the article says that taping at WMAQ, Chicago's NBC affiliate, could possibly house the show. If that goes through, would that make the first time that game shows have taped in three different cities?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:07:57 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Gus

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
It should be mentioned that the article says that the clearance deal is still in talks, not set yet as the thread's title indicates, but indeed, a "station source" says " '[they] would consider it a go for the fall' "
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:05:48 PM by Gus »

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:01 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'144977\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 11:03 PM\']
Also the article says that taping at WMAQ, Chicago's NBC affiliate, could possibly house the show. If that goes through, would that make the first time that game shows have taped in three different cities?
[/quote]
Nope.  Matches and Mates in the '60s and Dealer's Choice and The Diamond Head Game in the '70s (and, heck Hollywood Squares in the 80-81 syndie season) all taped in exotic (?) locales while there were games taping in En Why and El Lay.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:18:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'144977\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 09:03 PM\']

[/quote]

Makes trying out for the show at 454 N. Columbus a little more feasible for me, hopefully.

Altogether, this really looks promising for the new upcoming season and that I can't wait to see what happens once all the stations and the previews churn out. I, for one, will say that this will be good for game shows.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'144977\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 11:03 PM\']
 the article says that taping at WMAQ, Chicago's NBC affiliate, could possibly house the show. If that goes through, would that make the first time that game shows have taped in three different cities?
[/quote]

So as long as they make sure they keep any guests or audience members of Springer's and/or Steve's new  show out of the studio...

"What the h*** do you mean that that wasn't the f****** answer!??!?  Why you little s*******!  Come here!!  <contestants start attacking the host and theh each other, while the audience stands up in their seats chanting "CROSSWORDS...CROSSWORDS...CROSSWORDS...>

[EDIT:  For those out of the loop (no pun intended), Crosswords would be taping in the same building as Springer in Chicago].

/Merv is hoping more Network O & O stations will pick up the show.
//If all 4 O&O's pick him up that would make Merv say "OOOOOOOOhhhh"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:21:59 PM by TimK2003 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:27:02 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'144998\' date=\'Jan 31 2007, 09:11 AM\']
So as long as they make sure they keep any guests or audience members of Springer's and/or Steve's new  show out of the studio...

"What the h*** do you mean that that wasn't the f****** answer!??!?  Why you little s*******!  Come here!!  <contestants start attacking the host and theh each other, while the audience stands up in their seats chanting "CROSSWORDS...CROSSWORDS...CROSSWORDS...>
[/quote]
If I had any gold stars to dole out, you'd get one.

Judges?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
"It's more than Cross Words....It's Fightin' Words..now here's the man who keeps everyone in line...Steve Wilkos!!"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144999\' date=\'Jan 31 2007, 10:27 AM\']
If I had any gold stars to dole out, you'd get one.

Judges?
[/quote]
Two for Tim, one for Jimmy.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

rebelwrest

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but check the title of this thread again.

EDIT: The title has been fixed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:45:55 PM by rebelwrest »
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'145013\' date=\'Jan 31 2007, 01:54 PM\']
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but check the title of this thread again.
[/quote]
¿Qué?

All I see is the show's title was changed to "Crosswords". And for all we know, that's just a short-hand way of saying it in the thread, like saying Feud for "Family Feud" or Joker for "The Joker's Wild".

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 06:11:34 PM »
There was a transposed letter in the original heading. I noticed it, but I let it pass.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.