Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: H2 Game Show Week 2 Preliminary Report  (Read 6289 times)

JMFabiano

H2 Game Show Week 2 Preliminary Report
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 01:32:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 10:46 PM\'] Announcer-Shadoe Stevens (!): Evidentally no hard feelings after he got the boot from after the Whoopi era. [/quote]
 Ooh, ooh!  Does this mean that...(OK, for CY$5,000, can you match what I'll probably say next? ;-))
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

uncamark

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 02:55:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TraderRob\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 11:13 AM\'][quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 10:59 PM\'] Odd...Mull in the center, Ro in the lox box?! What??!!!

[/quote]
Yes, we can complain that there's no Peter Marshall or other game show bigwig in the center square, but one thing that we seem to have overlooked is that the other 8 squares contain celebs relevant to game show history compared to 6 the last go around.    Just think... no Kathy Griffin! :-)[/quote]
And Martin is a regular who's been deservedly promoted to (I assume) part-time center square this season.

As long as they don't ever put Richard Karn next to Martin, after the remarks he made last season about the entertainment value of \"Feud.\"

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 03:11:37 PM »
Betty was the stand-out square of the week. She got the most applause out of anyone in the grid. Anything keeping her from doing more weeks?

I suspect the stairs were the reason Rose Marie was in square #8, too. I was looking off-stage before the second set of episodes, and I think it looked like she was having trouble walking. She also was having trouble getting laughs, though she did get warmed up by Thursday.

You'll be seeing plenty of the Unknown Comic... where they would have the \"Let's go behind the squares\" last season, for this week, the silent radio read \"Now here's the Unknown Comic.\" I smiled politely during his routine, since the audience reaction camera was pointed in our general direction.

Why did Martin Mull have a question thrown out where all he had to do was give a yes-or-no answer?

I won't spoil anything either, but I will say that there was some good gameplay this week. I'm always surprised how much more exciting it is to watch a show in person rather than on TV.

During breaks, the warm-up guy asked trivia questions about past incarnations of Hollywood Squares. Joe, Jason, and I all walked away with t-shirts.

Hollywood Squares is a fun taping to go to. Even when they're setting up between rounds or doing pick-ups, somebody's saying something funny.

--
Scott Robinson

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 06:54:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TraderRob\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 11:13 AM\']
Yes, we can complain that there's no Peter Marshall or other game show bigwig in the center square, but one thing that we seem to have overlooked is that the other 8 squares contain celebs relevant to game show history compared to 6 the last go around.    Just think... no Kathy Griffin! :-)

[/quote]
 I'll defend Martin Mull and Jimmie Walker as longtime GS celebs, as they both did Marshall HSQ(and Walker did MG7x and Tattletales often enough too)