Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game shows that won't be rerun again  (Read 5489 times)

Allstar87

Game shows that won't be rerun again
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 12:54:59 AM »
Hey, check it out! The champion got major surgery, got a new suit, and legally changed his name all during the span of one commercial break! Incredible!

Sorry, but removing the HS segment isn't really a good idea. It's a pretty crucial part of the show; the day's champ is decided here, after all. Plus, there are other ways the viewers could get confused, like why on Earth the panel suddenly expanded from six people to nine. People would also wonder why Jon Bauman is being credited as a host when he doesn't seem to do anything. And think of how awkward the open could become...

"It's time for the Match Game...*big censored bar*! With today's guests..."

In short, either everything airs or nothing airs. Otherwise, it just looks weird. Remember the edits FAM made to its Let's Make A Deal reruns? XP
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:57:32 AM by Allstar87 »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 01:07:03 AM »
I'd rather see the entire hour myself, but unless Sony loosens up the pursestrings or reduces the rights fees, they probably wouldn't be able to afford to pay themselves for the right to air the whole thing.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 01:25:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'146287\' date=\'Feb 19 2007, 12:54 AM\']
"It's time for the Match Game...*big censored bar*! With today's guests..."
[/quote]
It could run on Ernest Angley's station and no one would be fazed by the fall-out.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 07:18:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'146208\' date=\'Feb 18 2007, 12:11 AM\']
TPIR once Bob leaves is going to be debatable.  Its entirely possible CBS won't allow Bob's reruns to be shown, in the name of giving the new host (whomever that be) a chance.
[/quote]
Yeah, but in the last couple of months, classic episodes of "Soul Train" have been shown in lieu of the new ones they've been taping for this season. After suffering low ratings and middle-of-the-night time slots on many stations, Tribune originally planned on pulling the plug until Don Cornelius decided to dip into the archives and give us the vintage shows.

Jonathan Allen

Justin Dyer

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »
I know Gene wouldn't ever agree to allow MG/HS Hour to air while he was alive. Can his family block its airing now that he has passed away? I'm sure you all saw the recent documentary on Match Game. I think it was his daughter the were interviewing about this revival. She said the host was Jon Bauman from Sha Na Na, and her voice was oozing with contempt.

sshuffield70

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 09:02:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Justin Dyer\' post=\'146373\' date=\'Feb 19 2007, 07:00 PM\']
I know Gene wouldn't ever agree to allow MG/HS Hour to air while he was alive. Can his family block its airing now that he has passed away? I'm sure you all saw the recent documentary on Match Game. I think it was his daughter the were interviewing about this revival. She said the host was Jon Bauman from Sha Na Na, and her voice was oozing with contempt.
[/quote]

We have actually gone over this a couple of times to my knowledge.  This is an unfounded rumor as it pertains to MG/HS.  MG/HS suffers from being with two production houses (GT -now with Fremantle, and Orion - now part of Sony).  Your rumor would be a fact if you had said "Break The Bank".  That is the one Gene walked away from, and those episodes will never air again, per agreements.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »
Yeah, somebody apparently saw Gene in an early GSN appearance showing some desire of having those eps. aired again.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Allstar87

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:59:03 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'146392\' date=\'Feb 19 2007, 09:36 PM\']
Yeah, somebody apparently saw Gene in an early GSN appearance showing some desire of having those eps. aired again.
[/quote]

No kidding! Wish I could see that appearance.

I suppose then it is in the realm of possibility. Enough people show interest in seeing the show, maybe GSN would consider it. I could honestly see it working; GSN could run promos saying "See two of your all time favorite shows, together as one!" Could draw fans of both shows into a version they may not have known existed.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'146286\' date=\'Feb 18 2007, 11:36 PM\']
Of course, there are those who probably want to actually see the coin toss when a host says, "We tossed a coin backstage..."
[/quote]
I'd rather hear it Ludden's way.  :)

/We cossed a toin backstage.
//Come to think of it, I'd like to see that as well.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Argo

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 09:34:03 AM »
Or even

"We tossed a cousin and an aunt backstage"
- Jack Clark, Crosswits

[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'146399\' date=\'Feb 19 2007, 10:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'146286\' date=\'Feb 18 2007, 11:36 PM\']
Of course, there are those who probably want to actually see the coin toss when a host says, "We tossed a coin backstage..."
[/quote]
I'd rather hear it Ludden's way.  :)

/We cossed a toin backstage.
//Come to think of it, I'd like to see that as well.
[/quote]