Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password episode on Shokus Video  (Read 1610 times)

alfonzos

Password episode on Shokus Video
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:00:18 PM »
Shokus Video's tape #804 features a black & white recoding of a color broadcast of Password. Lucille Ball and, her husband, Gary Morton are the celebrities and the contestants are their friends! Anyway, the password is "diamond" (ding!) and Gale Gordon's clue to Lucy is, I think, "corinor." Lucy gets it right for ten points. I don't get the connection and Google is no help. Does anybody here get it?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »
Carina Diamond, maybe?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tomobrien

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'147376\' date=\'Mar 3 2007, 04:00 PM\'] Shokus Video's tape #804 features a black & white recoding of a color broadcast of Password. Lucille Ball and, her husband, Gary Morton are the celebrities and the contestants are their friends! Anyway, the password is "diamond" (ding!) and Gale Gordon's clue to Lucy is, I think, "corinor." Lucy gets it right for ten points. I don't get the connection and Google is no help. Does anybody here get it? [/quote]
He said "Kohinoor."  It's a famous 108-carat diamond once owned by Queen Victoria. It was put in a crown worn by Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, at the coronation of her husband, King George VI, in 1937.  It's now in the Tower of London.

alfonzos

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »
Kewl. This is why I enjoy hanging around smart people.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos