Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Showdown" episode of HIMYM  (Read 1437 times)

rialtus

"Showdown" episode of HIMYM
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:38 PM »
How I Met Your Blog, a fan run site for the show How I Met Your Mother, is reporting that the episode slated for Monday, April 30 is TPiR themed. Called "Showdown", it features Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) on The Price is Right as a contestant. More information, including picture and trailer, found at How I Met Your Blog.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »
There's a spoiler video in there...but it's a great watch.  This is going to be a great episode in a great series.

BTW: Great blog name.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'151146\' date=\'Apr 28 2007, 01:22 PM\']
BTW: Great blog name.
[/quote]
Really? I respect your right to an opinion, but I gotta say the absolute first reaction I had to that post was "wow, what a perfectly awful name for a blog." I just find it interesting that you think it's good enough to mention, when I had the absolute inverse reaction.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'151147\' date=\'Apr 28 2007, 04:31 PM\']
Really? I respect your right to an opinion, but I gotta say the absolute first reaction I had to that post was "wow, what a perfectly awful name for a blog." I just find it interesting that you think it's good enough to mention, when I had the absolute inverse reaction.
[/quote]I just think it works because it's a takeoff of the show they're blogging about.  Even know the title (to probably fit better) would say "the How I Met Your Mother Blog", at least "How I Met Your Blog" is kinda creative, and at least thought up for (at minimum) 2 seconds.

And I also respect your opinion as well.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'151148\' date=\'Apr 28 2007, 01:43 PM\']
I just think it works because it's a takeoff of the show they're blogging about.  Even know the title (to probably fit better) would say "the How I Met Your Mother Blog", at least "How I Met Your Blog" is kinda creative, and at least thought up for (at minimum) 2 seconds.

And I also respect your opinion as well.
[/quote]
Well, fair 'nough. To me I think they could have done better if they'd thrown an additional 5 seconds on top of the 2. But, as we've seen, YMMV. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:48:00 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
As a fan of They Might Be Giants, I have absolutely no opinion on the skill required to insert any word that comes to mind into a titular phrase to make another phrase, often one that doesn't even mean anything.

Absolutely no opinion.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin