Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TWL on BBC America  (Read 1521 times)

tvmitch

New TWL on BBC America
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »
I randomly decided to DVR a BBC America Weakest Link episode on Monday afternoon because it was in a new time slot, and was in for a treat...BBC America is showing much newer episodes of TWL in their rotation now - and advertising them in bumpers as "all new episodes" as well. The episodes are currently airing at 2pm, 6pm, and 2am every day. (I don't know which of those daily airings are the "new" episode of the day and which are repeats, if you know what I mean.) From what I could tell, there are no weekend airings. Side note: what I would give for that Sunday morning lineup again that they aired last year!

The only quibble I have is that BBC America runs their own credits over the post-game interviews, which are usually fairly interesting. Also, the credits didn't list a copyright date - at least yesterday. But I have to believe that these episodes are quite new. The video quality on them is super sharp on my digital cable box - much better than the original episodes they ran some time ago.

Yesterday's 2pm episode was particularly good - Anne seems to make a practice of really ribbing the contestants early in the game, and there was a target hit too.
You should follow me on Twitter

catnap1972

New TWL on BBC America
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »
There was a reference to something that happened in late 2006 for one of the questions (I forget what) so they're fairly recent (less than a year old)

uncamark

New TWL on BBC America
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'151739\' date=\'May 8 2007, 07:46 AM\']
The only quibble I have is that BBC America runs their own credits over the post-game interviews, which are usually fairly interesting. Also, the credits didn't list a copyright date - at least yesterday. But I have to believe that these episodes are quite new. The video quality on them is super sharp on my digital cable box - much better than the original episodes they ran some time ago.[/quote]

In the past, they always seemed to not step on or make generic credits if there was content while they were running.  I assume they're also starting the promo, then squeezing back with the credits already rolling and bringing the promo back full-screen before the roll is done.  They did that for "Feel the Force" when they switched to the new graphics package and I found it very annoying.

I guess that on the "Whose Line?" reruns now we'll see Clive Anderson referring to "reading the credits in a style of my choosing" and not seeing it.  Geez.