Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Congress 2007  (Read 1575 times)

tvrandywest

Game Show Congress 2007
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
Those who attended GSC in previous years met superstars of the game show world, as well as mixed and mingled with fellow fans. If you were there in previous years, you saw Bob Barker, Dick Clark, Betty White and so many more.

This year's event will be cross-country and bicoastal with game play in New York, a visit to TPiR-Live in Las Vegas, and more stars and panels in L.A.. Jump in for any and all of it, as you can. This year's awards in L.A. will be bestowed upon Wink Martindale and the creator of the world's most successful hit game shows (TPiR, Password, Pyramid, etc), Bob Stewart.

Check the GSC website for updates, and I'll see you there!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 11:12:18 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

Game Show Congress 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 12:43:03 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'151976\' date=\'May 9 2007, 11:11 PM\']
Check the GSC website for updates, and I'll see you there!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

Looks like I'll be missing the L.A. leg of the GSC this year -- doing the final cross-country move the week before and will probably be unpacking and self-storaging.  However, there was mention of some activity in Vegas -- I might be able to make the 8-hour trip to that venue.

I didn't see any specifics on the TPIR Live gathering on the GSC site.  Randy, Can you fill us in with more details on that?  Is it GSC sanctioned or is it an unofficial side trip?

tvrandywest

Game Show Congress 2007
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:30:18 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'151983\' date=\'May 9 2007, 09:43 PM\']
I didn't see any specifics on the TPIR Live gathering on the GSC site.  Randy, Can you fill us in with more details on that?  Is it GSC sanctioned or is it an unofficial side trip?
[/quote]
Well, G. Paul Bailey (Mr. GSC) will be among the contingent in Vegas. I'm told it will be added to the GSC website once I provide the name of the person to contact for group sales.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Gus

Game Show Congress 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 12:31:05 AM »
I'd like to hope that if the game tournament is held, it'll be in New York, 'cause I can't make it to LA this year. By the looks of it, it'll be an unsanctioned auxiliary activity if it happens.