Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464401 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2007, 02:35:54 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'162032\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 11:32 AM\']
I saw it up close in a Borders 2 weeks back, and believe me, that wheel was NOT made of anything resembling a metal.
[/quote]
Why in the world did you think it would be?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2007, 02:37:47 PM »
If you really want different configurations on the wheel. Go to this site: http://gameshowuniverse.bravehost.com/gsartwork.html, print out the pictures and tape them to the wheel and you're set!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:39:57 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'162034\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 11:37 AM\']
If you really want different configurations on the wheel. Go to this site: http://gameshowuniverse.bravehost.com/gsartwork.html, print out the pictures and tape them to the wheel and you're set!
[/quote]
Now, do we know if those are the correct size to do that natively, or do they need to be resized beforehand?

(Because you are exactly correct. Mount the things on some cardstock (or, even better, print them out on cardstock if your printer can do it), and you are totally good to go. And it's a BETTER solution than the wedges.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:58:16 PM by clemon79 »

J.R.

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162036\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 01:56 PM\']Now, do we know if those are the correct size to do that natively, or do they need to be resized beforehand?[/quote]
They do have to be a little bit bigger, but it should still look nice.

The cardstock idea looks great, do you know where I could get some?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:14:51 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »
I think your typical office supply store has some.  I remember doing a project a few years ago and the local Office Max had several forms of paper including card stock.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:16:41 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'162039\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 12:14 PM\']
They do have to be a little bit bigger, but it should still look nice.
[/quote]
That's a shame. They should resize the graphics so they're the right size natively; it would be a nice touch. I'm assuming the wheel size hasn't changed across Deluxe versions.
The cardstock idea looks great, do you know where I could get some?
The stuff I use I get at Paper Zone; it's glossy black on one side and matte white on the other. I'm sure Your Local Paperclip Warehouse would have some, though, and likely cheaper. I bet you'd get even better results printing to photo paper and then mounting that on cardstock.

(It's important to be sure that your printer has a reasonably straight path for it to go through...if your printer feeds from the back, you're probably fine, but I wouldn't try running it through a U-shaped path like some of the HP's (and the cassette in my Canon...Epson sucks) have.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:46:43 PM by clemon79 »

J.R.

« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »
Thank you very much, Joe and Chris, you both have been most helpful. :-)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:21:45 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2007, 11:05:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162057\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 01:42 PM\'](It's important to be sure that your printer has a reasonably straight path for it to go through...if your printer feeds from the back, you're probably fine, but I wouldn't try running it through a U-shaped path like some of the HP's (and the cassette in my Canon...Epson sucks) have.)[/quote]I'm only putting 24 lb. stock through, and I don't do colored backgrounds or anything, but I've put it through my HP with the U-track, and had no trouble at all.

If I was going to kludge together a Wheel of Fortune Up the Bucket Deluxe, I would go to a Goodwill or thrift store of your choice and convenience, and find a spare WoF Deluxe game. Use the wedges from that and cover them with stickers of whatever text you want. I think one set with all the wedges could have you swimming in all the big money, prizes and other gadgets that the show used, all at once. (Though I admit that the printed out cardstock thing is a great idea too.)

But, really, when you get down to it, does the addition of a $2,500 or "Surprise" wedge really add that much to your enjoyment? After all, you're still playing Wheel of Fortune.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

clemon79

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'162095\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 08:05 PM\']
I'm only putting 24 lb. stock through, and I don't do colored backgrounds or anything, but I've put it through my HP with the U-track, and had no trouble at all.
[/quote]
Yeah, but that's paper. The ream of paper I got at Best Buy the other day is 24 lb.
If I was going to kludge together a Wheel of Fortune Up the Bucket Deluxe, I would go to a Goodwill or thrift store of your choice and convenience, and find a spare WoF Deluxe game. Use the wedges from that and cover them with stickers of whatever text you want.
The problem with that is that the current cardboard inserts on the Deluxe WOFs don't have the notches cut out for the wedges to fit into.

(Yeah, you could cut them. But if you're gonna do that, why not print up a bunch of alternate (and historically accurate) Wheels?)
But, really, when you get down to it, does the addition of a $2,500 or "Surprise" wedge really add that much to your enjoyment? After all, you're still playing Wheel of Fortune.
I will admit, the fact that my Wheel home game always topped out at $750 sucked a teeny bit of the fun out of it, even if it provided game balance.

Bob Zager

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'161879\' date=\'Aug 24 2007, 12:06 PM\']
Amazon.com is now listing a "collectors" set of three of Imagination's Family Feud DVD games, including the forthcoming "Movie" edition, in a tin box.  It's supposed to be available soon, for $39.99.

However, there is also a listing for a different collectors set of Imagination DVD games, for the same price, but if you look at the illustration of the container (by clicking the link below), it shows a container listing ten DVD game titles, including most of what's available now, plus What's My Line?, Beat the Clock, and To Tell the Truth among them!  In Order to Win is listed as well, which plays like a game show, but isn't based on an actual program.

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-Internat...9719&sr=1-5
[/quote]

I thought it sounded too good to be true, and now the description at amazon.com states that it is only THREE different DVD games (Family Feud 2nd Edition, LMAD, and Press Your Luck)!

They also describe the tin-boxed set of THREE Family Feud DVD games to consist of the First and Third Editions plus the new Movie Edition, which hasn't come out yet.

While at amazon.com, I also saw that there will be "TV Tie-In" books related to Merv Griffin's Crosswords, coming in October.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'162723\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 06:20 PM\']I thought it sounded too good to be true, and now the description at amazon.com states that it is only THREE different DVD games (Family Feud 2nd Edition, LMAD, and Press Your Luck)![/quote]
Weird, because there's no mistaking the writing on the box, or the logos of all those shows.  Plus, though you never can be sure with photos of boxes, the dimensions look right for a huge multi-pack set.  Maybe that's going to be a different release, presumably at a higher price (that part always did sound too good to be true).
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2007, 08:00:30 AM »
Here was our Mackey Brothers WOF home-game fix. We had somehow gotten our hands on a toy roulette wheel that had a flipper on it like the "Wheel" wheel, and it had exactly the correct number of spokes on it to be able to do our own wheels. We exactly replicated the wheels from the show, right down to the color and placing of the wedges. It was definitely more exciting than the wheel that came in the box!

Bob Zager

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »
Jakks Pacific announced this week that their Plug N Play line will include Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, which will be released in the Spring, 2008.

Their 1 VS 100 should start showing up soon.  I've seen one on eBay, and eToys also lists it as "In Stock."

Bob Zager

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
Believe it or not, there will be merchandise based on The Singing Bee!  Among some already mentioned, is a DVD game:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-Entertai...1601&sr=1-1

Though you could do your own karaoke game version, I'm sure!

Wonder if Power of 10 could be next in line?

BrandonFG

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'163994\' date=\'Sep 16 2007, 03:44 PM\']
Believe it or not, there will be merchandise based on The Singing Bee!  Among some already mentioned, is a DVD game:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-Entertai...1601&sr=1-1

Though you could do your own karaoke game version, I'm sure!

Wonder if Power of 10 could be next in line?
[/quote]
I have some co-workers who love karaoke...I might have to suggest that to them. Nice find!

/wait a minute...The Fat One never wears a tie on the show! ;-)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 03:49:06 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!