Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464040 times)

RyanCDN

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1440 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
[quote name=\'uncleplinko\' post=\'250276\' date=\'Nov 4 2010, 11:37 PM\'][quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'250246\' date=\'Nov 4 2010, 09:54 AM\'][quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'250198\' date=\'Nov 3 2010, 03:27 PM\'][quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'250196\' date=\'Nov 3 2010, 01:11 PM\']Ludia could learn a thing or 50 from THQ about how to do a home game.[/quote]

It just feels like a real videogame game by real videogame designers. Time was taken to use specific Wii features, and thought was put in to keep people engaged for more than just one off show. The gimmick is not a stupid avatar system, it's the game itself. I want to keep playing to unlock all the prizes, sets, and things that actually add to the game. The show was used as source material, and they wanted to make a true-to-show experience.
[/quote]

By the sounds of it, the THQ games are *WORTH* the money, as opposed to the Ubicrap/Ludia games.
[/quote]

Not only is it worth the money, it's worth SAVING $10 to buy Wheel over Price ($30, vs. $40 for Price at Target).  We don't have WiiSpeak, so we just used the on-screen keyboard.  Gave it a classic NES feel, honestly.  I will say, though, that Pat's voice-overs are...odd.
[/quote]

This is a breath of fresh air compared to the low quality stuff Ludia has put out.  I was quite happy with the game, everythign you can ask for - with few negatives to say.

I sadly missed out winning $1M in my second game - couldnt' solve the puzzle with a wild card and all.

This is certainly worth the $30, could have easily been worth $40, but I am happy on the price point.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

chad1m

« Reply #1441 on: November 05, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »
I've got a full review up at About Game Shows. They're both a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:31:16 PM by chad1m »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1442 on: November 06, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »
Quick Ludia Update:

A Family Fortunes app has been released for the iOS suite in the UK. My money's on a new graphical coat of paint, and nothing more. Either way, you can see that Fremantle's probably going to put Ludia to work.

The 2010 game show series (Price, Feud, PYL) are going to be released on the PS3 as a Game Show Party bundle...unless they're just giving the trio a unified name on the website.

The work-up picture for Pyramid is still on the site, but they changed the game's name to The $1,000,000 Pyramid and the logo is in the 80s Clark style. Maybe they're changing their minds on the look of the game (although it won't even matter if the gameplay sucks.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:20:43 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1443 on: November 07, 2010, 12:45:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'250376\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 07:20 PM\']Either way, you can see that Fremantle's probably going to put Ludia to work.[/quote]
Joke's on Fremantle, then.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #1444 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
Ludia doesn't seem to know the Xbox 360 exists, because not one of the company's releases is or will be for that system. Then again, Microsoft has what the industry calls "standards", and Ludia has shown they don't care for that or preexisting system avatars (why can't I use my Mii, again?). The first Price is Right game is a big example of their stupidity, with the packaging obviously made long after the game was actually finished.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'250383\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 11:45 PM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'250376\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 07:20 PM\']Either way, you can see that Fremantle's probably going to put Ludia to work.[/quote]Joke's on Fremantle, then.[/quote]
Isn't this one of those "blind leading the blind" situations where they fall into a ditch, hopefully never to be seen or heard from again?
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1445 on: November 07, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'250397\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 05:05 AM\'](why can't I use my Mii, again?).[/quote]
Because custom code for discrete platforms does not fit into their profit model. Period.
Isn't this one of those "blind leading the blind" situations where they fall into a ditch, hopefully never to be seen or heard from again?
What the hell are you babbling about?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1446 on: November 07, 2010, 04:56:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'250397\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 05:05 AM\']Ludia doesn't seem to know the Xbox 360 exists, because not one of the company's releases is or will be for that system. Then again, Microsoft has what the industry calls "standards", and Ludia has shown they don't care for that or preexisting system avatars (why can't I use my Mii, again?). The first Price is Right game is a big example of their stupidity, with the packaging obviously made long after the game was actually finished.

[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'250376\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 07:20 PM\']Either way, you can see that Fremantle's probably going to put Ludia to work.
Joke's on Fremantle, then.[/quote]Isn't this one of those "blind leading the blind" situations where they fall into a ditch, hopefully never to be seen or heard from again?[/quote]Isn't there a trope you should be editing?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1447 on: November 07, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'250403\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 04:46 PM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'250397\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 05:05 AM\'](why can't I use my Mii, again?).[/quote]
Because custom code for discrete platforms does not fit into their profit model. Period.
[/quote]
I think he's saying that Fremantle and Ludia doing a game show project is asking for fail, considering how both have a reputation for putting out a half-hearted effort.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1448 on: November 07, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'250405\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 04:09 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'250403\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 04:46 PM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'250397\' date=\'Nov 7 2010, 05:05 AM\'](why can't I use my Mii, again?).[/quote]
[/quote]
I think he's saying that Fremantle and Ludia doing a game show project is asking for fail, considering how both have a reputation for putting out a half-hearted effort.
[/quote]
I got that much...the "hopefully never to be seen or heard from again" part of it was pretty out of sorts, though.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JerrysFeudinAgain

« Reply #1449 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
Has anyone played the new Family Feud Decades game yet? I'm hoping it's at least decent to play. But with Ludia's track record...

bwood

« Reply #1450 on: November 09, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
[quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' post=\'250550\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 07:52 PM\']Has anyone played the new Family Feud Decades game yet? I'm hoping it's at least decent to play. But with Ludia's track record...[/quote]

Playing it right now. First impressions: I'm kinda disappointed (knew I probably would be). "Screenshots" looked better than it actually is. You have 4 sets labeled as 70's (Dawson), 80's (Combs), 90's (Anderson) and 00's (O'Hurley). When you fire up the game you think they may have finally got it right this time. Main title music is the classic Feud theme, set preview images look amazing. Then, we get into the game......

Music used on the 70s and 80s sets (as well as the 90s and 00s) is the ANDERSON-type theme/cues. WAYYYYY outta place on the 70s/80s sets. Pure laziness because the theme is ON THE GAME, but only on the main title screen(s). Survey boards all have 8 answers max. Family backgrounds on the classic sets are out of proportion (The families don't even come out of the doors anyway). Both the Dawson and Combs podiums have the "Bullseye" bank readouts, but they use them to display the score. Fast money boards on 70s/80s isn't dot matrix style either. It's the "Text Box" style that they currently use on the show/last video game. They kind of adapted it to not look as much out of place on the classic sets but it's still text boxes and not the display we know and love. Believe it or not, the set that comes across as the best is the Anderson style set. It looks pretty good. If you pick the 00s set, it's just the FF 2010 game all over again. As far as gameplay goes, I guess it is not bad. I mean it is Family Feud. I just wish if they would have went further into the "Decades" gimmick and got the details right.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:21:19 PM by bwood »

JerrysFeudinAgain

« Reply #1451 on: November 09, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'250552\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 09:13 PM\'][quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' post=\'250550\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 07:52 PM\']Has anyone played the new Family Feud Decades game yet? I'm hoping it's at least decent to play. But with Ludia's track record...[/quote]

Playing it right now. First impressions: I'm kinda disappointed (knew I probably would be). "Screenshots" looked better than it actually is. You have 4 sets labeled as 70's (Dawson), 80's (Combs), 90's (Anderson) and 00's (O'Hurley). When you fire up the game you think they may have finally got it right this time. Main title music is the classic Feud theme, set preview images look amazing. Then, we get into the game......

Music used on the 70s and 80s sets (as well as the 90s and 00s) is the ANDERSON-type theme/cues. WAYYYYY outta place on the 70s/80s sets. Pure laziness because the theme is ON THE GAME, but only on the main title screen(s). Survey boards all have 8 answers max. Family backgrounds on the classic sets are out of proportion (The families don't even come out of the doors anyway). Both the Dawson and Combs podiums have the "Bullseye" bank readouts, but they use them to display the score. Fast money boards on 70s/80s isn't dot matrix style either. It's the "Text Box" style that they currently use on the show/last video game. They kind of adapted it to not look as much out of place on the classic sets but it's still text boxes and not the display we know and love. Believe it or not, the set that comes across as the best is the Anderson style set. It looks pretty good. If you pick the 00s set, it's just the FF 2010 game all over again. As far as gameplay goes, I guess it is not bad. I mean it is Family Feud. I just wish if they would have went further into the "Decades" gimmick and got the details right.
[/quote]

I had a feeling this would happen.  Does the game have a returning champs feature? Hopefully they didn't screw that up!

Hastin

« Reply #1452 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »
[quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' post=\'250553\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 05:53 PM\']I had a feeling this would happen.  Does the game have a returning champs feature? Hopefully they didn't screw that up![/quote]

Really? They overlook replacing a couple of music files, but you think they have time to program in Returning Champions? :lesigh:

Disappointed to hear that it's just 3 different sets with no changes. Will pass.
-Hastin :)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1453 on: November 10, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'250591\' date=\'Nov 10 2010, 11:09 AM\'][quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' post=\'250553\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 05:53 PM\']I had a feeling this would happen.  Does the game have a returning champs feature? Hopefully they didn't screw that up![/quote]

Really? They overlook replacing a couple of music files, but you think they have time to program in Returning Champions? :lesigh:

Disappointed to hear that it's just 3 different sets with no changes. Will pass.
[/quote]
Technically 4, if you count the current one. The only ones they're missing are Dawson 94 and Karn (and Karn may count for 2).

Really, what else would we expect? Not necessarily out of Ludia, but what else could be put into a Feud game to make any of you guys really want to buy it? Is there a previous game that a new one should be modeled after? Other than the game itself, I really can't think of any extras to pack into a Feud release that would make me want to buy it. The Decades gimmick is a weak one, as it requires people to actually care about 30 year old surveys in 2010. Multiplayer wouldn't sway me, only because I don't think there's enough people who would buy, let alone for that reason, and the presentation value in game shows only recently stepped up a notch with the new Jeopardy and Wheel Wii games. For now, Facebook Feud is about as good as it gets for me, since it's free and handles the bonus round as best as anyone can expect.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:00:08 PM by Jeremy Nelson »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1454 on: November 13, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
I used up the last of my GameStop credit on Minute to Win It for the Wii.  Thank heavens no money left my pocket.

There are 36 different games on MTWI including Supercoin.  However, only 10 games are unlocked to start, including Supercoin.  In order to unlock more games, you must defeat an episode--winning 10 games without losing all 3 lives, without the aid of continues.  The first episode is the first 10 unlocked games and are played in the order they're found in the time trial and practice modes.  There are a total of 4 episodes.  Why not have some sort of randomizer in one player mode, so you don't have to play the same 10 games ad nauseum?  Yes, making you conquer the initial 10 adds to the challenge.  However, doing a randomizer and putting different parameters in place for each game can't be that difficult.

Of the games I've tried, most have utilized both the nunchuk and Wiimote, with Supercoin being the exception.  Some of the motions make no sense (pumping one's fist with the nunchuk to inflate a balloon) while others are realistic (moving cups from the top of a stack to the bottom by replicating that motion, alternating between the nunchuk and Wiimote for each cup).  Some controls are downright maddening, like being unable to make a person walk backwards, instead having the person spin around in a circle to move back a few feet.  To give you an idea about how realistic most of the games are, I defeated Supercoin in practice mode on my 3rd try.  In practice mode.  I wish it would've opened up some more opportunities.

Pros:  Not a bad rendition of the MTWI set, but not as vivid as either the WoF or J! games' sets.  "Movin' On Up", the game where a red cup must go to the top of a stack of otherwise all blue cups, is not bad and has the realistic controls.  The blueprint videos look to be taken directly from the show, albeit with a different voice from the show.

Cons:  Where to start...  There are 8 character avatars and they are not flattering to look at, plus they're not very customizeable.  As mentioned above, some of the controls are horrible.  The phrases used repeat way too often, and are often inappropriate.  On "This Blows", where you inflate a balloon and use that air to knock down cups, I got only 2 of 15 cups down, and Guy says something to the extent of "OH!  You were so CLOSE!"  Before every attempt at a game, the blueprint is repeated.  You can bypass it after 5 or 10 seconds.  Still, it's extremely redundant.  And Guy Fieri's even more annoying in digital form, surprise surprise.

The game can be summed up by the name of the first game on the first episode--"This Blows"...but who really didn't see that coming?  Maybe this game will have value in the future if ZOO Games decides to pull an Atari 2600 E.T. and dump the games in a landfill in the middle of nowhere...