Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464351 times)

BrandonFG

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'179987\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 08:43 PM\']
An electronic game based on "Moment of Truth"
[/quote]
"Now you can ruin your family's lives, all in the comfort of your own home!"

"Billy...are you still a virgin?"
-"No, mom..."

{buzzer goes off}
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Bob Zager

« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »
Here are a couple of links to see detailed descriptions, and, what are at least prototype boxes of:

Merv Griffin's Crosswords

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...81&ID=21355

and

Don't Forget the Lyrics

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...81&ID=21356

Sodboy13

« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
"The Social Wordplay Game"?

What is this, 1922?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BillCullen1

« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »
I picked up the PC version of Merv Griffin's Crosswords at Gamestop yesterday (3/25) for $19.99. Most stores don't have it yet, I checked their website for a specific store that did have it. Also, last week at Best Buy, I picked up a DVD version of Name That Tune, the 80s version.  Haven't had a chance to play them yet, busy with work. Hopefully, I'll find time to play them soon.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:39:33 PM by BillCullen1 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'182426\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 09:39 AM\']
I picked up the PC version of Merv Griffin's Crosswords at Gamestop yesterday (3/25) for $19.99. Most stores don't have it yet, I checked their website for a specific store that did have it.[/quote]
It's also available as a PC Download game:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games...ords/index.html

...which offers a free one-hour trial if you're unsure that it's worth the $20.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

alfonzos

« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
Is there any interest in Expansion Cartridge #1 for Tiger Electronics' TPiR? I found it at a suburban Los Angeles discount store.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

bwood

« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
I got an email from Ludia that said the TPiR computer game is now available ($19.95). There is a trial at:

http://www.playtpir.com/ml/tpir_ml_download.php

Edit: I tried out the game, the format is a little off, but it's really not too shabby in my opinion at first glance. Also note that the site now only says "Available soon for PC and MAC" not Wii and other platforms as it once stated. Bummer, I wanted it for my Wii.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:34:47 PM by bwood »

Sodboy13

« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'182477\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 09:25 PM\']
I got an email from Ludia that said the TPiR computer game is now available ($19.95). There is a trial at:

http://www.playtpir.com/ml/tpir_ml_download.php

Edit: I tried out the game, the format is a little off, but it's really not too shabby in my opinion at first glance. Also note that the site now only says "Available soon for PC and MAC" not Wii and other platforms as it once stated. Bummer, I wanted it for my Wii.
[/quote]

For Ludia's sake, I hope that trial is really beta.  What they had to do in order to pry 20 bucks for me is create something superior to what I've been able to download and update for free.  They failed in that regard.  Many of the graphics are crisp and clean, sure, but the gameplay is crap and the interface is sorely lacking.  Here I am with a keyboard in front of me, and they're making me click up or down on each digit of my bid?

/I'm about to play Cliff Hangers for 20 Thouuuuusand dollars?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2008, 03:24:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'182485\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 09:38 PM\']
Here I am with a keyboard in front of me, and they're making me click up or down on each digit of my bid?[/quote]
Very likely it's been designed to be ported to non-keyboard-having platforms with little or no changes.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »
In addition to the Price is Right demo being released, Ludia.com also released screenshots and video for Hell's Kitchen, complete with Gordon Ramsay's bleeped out swearing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:21:29 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'182485\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 09:38 PM\']
Here I am with a keyboard in front of me, and they're making me click up or down on each digit of my bid?
[/quote]

While this sorta sucks when it comes to PC input, it works wonderfully on my Tablet PC. Fun little game for the road.

Overall, I like the game. Sure, neither the multi-player or single-player is exactly like the show, but with some tweaking it would be a great game. I sure hope this gets released as a boxed game, because I dispise TryMedia, as they burned me over a purchase in the past (wouldn't give me any additional activations after 5). The addition of Video clips for the prizes is nice, but it looks as if they will run out quickly. However, there's some sort of auto-updating thing in the game, where it will go on the web, and get more prizes, it checks their server on every launch.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'182641\' date=\'Mar 27 2008, 06:46 AM\']
because I dispise TryMedia, as they burned me over a purchase in the past (wouldn't give me any additional activations after 5).[/quote]
Why is that "being burned"? PopCap does the same thing with their games, and it was mentioned quite clearly during the install process. (I note that in this case it's stated clearly in their support FAQ, as well.)

bwood

« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
Read on BuzzerBlog that a retail store box version will be released in the fall with more pricing games and some tweaks. Take that as you will as truth or "bowling buddy" info. Haven't heard it anywhere else yet.

clemon79

« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:04 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'182681\' date=\'Mar 27 2008, 02:44 PM\']
Read on BuzzerBlog that a retail store box version will be released in the fall with more pricing games and some tweaks. Take that as you will as truth or "bowling buddy" info. Haven't heard it anywhere else yet.
[/quote]
I feel obligated to point out that this was posted by someone named "Todd" as a comment, and therefore is even more unsubstantiated than BuzzerBlog usually is. I could post a comment that the "Go" PC Download game would be shipping next week with no difference in verite.

(In other words, until "Todd" steps forward and cites a source for this information, based on what I know of the PC Download-to-retail market (and I do know a little bit), I'm not buying it. It's possible since they are very clearly operating this on a fee-plug-for-content model, but it seems very unlikely.)

tpirfan28

« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2008, 06:43:38 PM »
A source from someone reliable...doesn't mention additional games, but does say higher-quality videos and bonuses.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'182684\' date=\'Mar 27 2008, 06:37 PM\']
I could post a comment that the "Go" PC Download game would be shipping next week with no difference in verite.[/quote]I *wish* "Go" would be a downloadable game.  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:44:08 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"