Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464325 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »
While sifting through the list of DS games which will be available in the near future at GameStop, I found this oddly titled entry, to be released in October.  IGN has a complete name for it--Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? Make the Grade!  Further searching showed that this game will be released for the DS, the PS2, and the Wii.  GameStop has prices of $20 on the DS and PS2 games, and $30 on the Wii game.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2008, 05:57:49 AM »
...and it's another DSI special, so you can surely expect it to blow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »
I've bitched about how absolutely terrible DSI is on my website. The question then, is: how much, on average, is a license for a game show worth? It's gotta be worth a small fortune, but maybe I can finally go legit and show the world that someone can make a decent game show game.

tpirfan28

« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'188205\' date=\'Jun 13 2008, 09:45 PM\']
....and $30 on the Wii game.
[/quote]
I just bought a Wii Thursday...I think my $30 would be better spent on something else.

'tis shame that Wheel or J! haven't made it to the Virtual Console, though.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'188246\' date=\'Jun 14 2008, 04:04 PM\']'tis shame that Wheel or J! haven't made it to the Virtual Console, though.[/quote]
I disagree.  Wheel and Jeopardy! for the old school systems isn't worth the $5 or $8 Nintendo would want for them.  I might pay $8 for the Sega Genesis Jeopardy!, but I'd want material that's more current than from my senior year of high school.  Will I get newer material for my $8?  Heck no.

I'm holding out a smidgen of hope for 1 vs. 100 for the DS, which will be released in a week and a half.  DSI absolutely cannot do worse than the "Case 21 always holds the $1M" clustermuck known as Deal or No Deal for the DS.

clemon79

« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2008, 05:28:16 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'188250\' date=\'Jun 14 2008, 01:22 PM\']
I'm holding out a smidgen of hope for 1 vs. 100 for the DS, which will be released in a week and a half.  DSI absolutely cannot do worse than the "Case 21 always holds the $1M" clustermuck known as Deal or No Deal for the DS.[/quote]
But that's the thing: they can't do *worse*, no. But they're gonna have to do one hell of a lot better for 1 vs. 100 to be worth buying, because even *without* the Case 21 flaw, DoND was still a festering pile of shite. That bug was just the icing on a giant fecal cake.

Sodboy13

« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
Just picked up the Password travel tin at B&N, and I strongly recommend getting one.  It is the full 5th Edition in a smaller, metal box - scoring wheel and all.  Giant score pad, too - I think it's about 100 pages.  And while the box is compact, it's still big enough to hold 4 editions' worth of cards, and two Lightning Round decks (though I can't seem to quite get the sand timer in there.)

And just for comparison's sake, I still have the 25th Edition I got in grade school, around 1988.  It was $6.99.  This is three bucks more, twenty years later.

Oh, and for those with an interest in such matters, it reads in bold, right in the front of the instruction sheet: "Cards in the 5th Edition are numbered 87-111 (A&B)."  The cards are also perforated, in sheets of five.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:30:11 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tpirfan28

« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
Some update on Price is Right for the Wii and DS...now a potential release date of September 9:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2008/06/17/the-p...-to-the-wii-ds/

Also mentions that you will actually be able to spin the Big Wheel.  There's a lot of potential with the Wii Remote and the interaction of the show...I'm excited.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2008, 08:27:45 PM »
I am cautiously optimistic.

Very cautiously.

Very, VERY cautiously.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:31:14 PM by clemon79 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'188380\' date=\'Jun 17 2008, 08:27 PM\']
I am cautiously optimistic.
Very cautiously.
Very, VERY cautiously.
[/quote]
Would it at least knock one very off if I say it's not a DSI special?  (UBISoft)

clemon79

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'188382\' date=\'Jun 17 2008, 05:33 PM\']
Would it at least knock one very off if I say it's not a DSI special?  (UBISoft)[/quote]
No.

Hastin

« Reply #416 on: June 18, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
The TPIR coming to the Wii and DS is just a port of Ludia's TPIR for PC. I thought we knew that already...
-Hastin :)

clemon79

« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'188427\' date=\'Jun 18 2008, 11:23 AM\']
The TPIR coming to the Wii and DS is just a port of Ludia's TPIR for PC. I thought we knew that already.[/quote]
We suspect that, but until the game actually ships or until someone from Ludia wants to confirm that positively (which isn't outside of the realm of possibility since that rep from Ludia has posted at G-R and they've almost certainly been asking the same questions - and I don't read G-R, so maybe they've already been answered), we don't know.

(That said, if it IS just a straight port of the PC game to the Wii, and therefore Yet More Shovelware for that platform, I don't know that I would go advertising the fact.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:33:39 PM by clemon79 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2008, 04:07:50 PM »
The rep from Ludia hasn't visited GR since April.

I did do some research in the threads about the TPIR game...this post by another user gave some ideas about using the Wii Remote and corresponding with certain events during TPIR, and then this post by the Ludia rep basically says those were ideas that were already been planned for the remote.

Also, Rich is the only voice in the downloadable version of the game (R's not included :) ).  They also mentioned that the CD version was going to have a lot more "glitz" in the game (I think it was unlockable videos).  I can't seem to find the exact post...but I'm looking.  The preliminary Wii rumors seem to have Bob and Drew involved, but that's just a rumor.

EDIT to add more stuff:  This post from the Ludia rep mentions the DS version...four less game and less speech, and some stuff about the Xbox Live Arcade version.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:18:41 PM by tpirfan28 »

clemon79

« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'188433\' date=\'Jun 18 2008, 01:07 PM\']
The preliminary Wii rumors seem to have Bob and Drew involved, but that's just a rumor.[/quote]
I'll believe that when I hear it with my own ears. (In other words, no friggin' way.)

Ditto the use of motion controls. There's just no percentage in it for them to waste dev cycles on doing anything but a straight port with VERY MINIMAL motion integration.

I'd love to be wrong - Gawd knows it would make Ludia stand out from the rest of the casual game industry. But having played the Hell's Kitchen game and discovering that it's basically a mashup of Diner Dash and Cake Mania, I suspect I'm not.