Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464312 times)

Hastin

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2008, 11:23:15 PM »
Okay, picked up the WoF "Quick Picks", and it's great.

It has cards that you play a full game on (3 rounds and a bonus puzzle). The "Wheel Cards" are wedges of the wheel, and there's a trip space and jackpot space (set amount of $10,000), that you add to the 'wheel' (deck). Also, since you can use the cards how you want, I generally put the $3500 card in the second round, and the $5,000 in the third round. Overall, it's a good rendition, and is just as fun as the spinner types.

Oh, and when you 'spin' the wheel, you call out a number from 1 to 23. You then 'flip' that many cards, so you can see what you passed in your 'spin'. It's a cheap gimmick that works well. You then shuffle after your 'spin'.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:23:43 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
That's not a bad way to play at all. At least it lets you add for customization. Is the puzzle board just a pad of paper, or is there an actual board?

BrandonFG

« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'188558\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 04:25 PM\']
That's not a bad way to play at all. At least it lets you add for customization. Is the puzzle board just a pad of paper, or is there an actual board?
[/quote]
Dry-erase.

One site's description.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #423 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
The scoreboard/used letter board's pretty spiffy, too.  All the wheel values are there, so you just make tally marks under each as you go and add it up at the end.  There's also a "Buy a Vowel" column so you can make the appropriate deductions.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvwxman

« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »
The Moment of Truth home game is at Target...complete with a little 'lie detector'.

Ruin Friendships! Destroy Relationships! Out Closeted Relatives! Fun at Parties!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'189031\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 06:01 PM\']
The Moment of Truth home game is at Target...complete with a little 'lie detector'.

Ruin Friendships! Destroy Relationships! Out Closeted Relatives! Fun at Parties!
[/quote]
Fun for all ages!

Hasbro's site description says 100 questions included...

I'm waiting for the first lawsuit against the company, for allowing "Family Game Night" to go to "Family Divorce Court".

/LITTLE BILLY: "Dad, have you ever fantasized about a menage-a-trois?"
//BILLY: "What's a menage-a-trois?"
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #426 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'189033\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 06:16 PM\']
[/quote]
FYI, the box looks nothing like that, and neither does the lie detector.
-------------

Matt

Bob Zager

« Reply #427 on: June 25, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'189034\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 06:18 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
The reason for that is because it's TWO different games!  The one at Target is the one from Cardinal Industries, selling for around $10.  

The Hasbro game, due out later this summer, has a price tag of around $20, and has a different type of lie detector (described as a "Biometric lie detector, which measures your body temperature and stress level).

tvwxman

« Reply #428 on: June 25, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'189041\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 07:53 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'189034\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 06:18 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
The reason for that is because it's TWO different games!  The one at Target is the one from Cardinal Industries, selling for around $10.  

The Hasbro game, due out later this summer, has a price tag of around $20, and has a different type of lie detector (described as a "Biometric lie detector, which measures your body temperature and stress level).
[/quote]
Hmmm. interesting . Why would they do that?
-------------

Matt

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #429 on: July 09, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »
1 vs. 100 for the Nintendo DS is finally trickling into stores.  I got my copy from Amazon delivered within the past half hour.  DSI actually got something somewhat right, for once.

After loading the game, the ActImagine video codec logo showed up on the screen.  That right there gave me a glimmer of hope, as that codec has created some great looking animation on other DS titles like Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and Madden 08.  (FWIW, Professor Layton gets two huge thumbs up, while I'm glad Madden 08 only cost me $10 new at MicroCenter a few weeks back.)

The game is just like season 2, with the money ladder.  The only difference is that you do not get a preview of the question after running out of helps.  The animation is better than previous DSI titles like the abysmal Deal or No Deal or any of their card/board game titles.  Bob Saget is not pixelated, like Howie was on Deal or No Deal or the game cards and pieces are on DSI's board game compilations.  Some of the video shown in the upper screen is repetitive and unnecessary.  The questions are not all about pop culture; in my few playings, I've seen 2 questions about current pop culture and I made it down to <10 mob members in each game.

The mini games, 1 vs. 100 Poker and Temptation (Rossi-free!) are crap.  In poker, you bet pre-determined increments of money, $1000, $2000, and $5000, on whether you'll get a question right.  The rules are the same in Temptation, except you're given just the category.

Bottom line:  Is it worth $20?  I like 1 vs. 100 enough to say 'yes', despite the useless minigames.  As always, YMMV.  It's miles better than Deal or No Deal and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?, not that being better than either of those two steaming piles is saying much.

Since there hasn't been much talk about 5th Grader for the DS, I got it from MicroCenter 3 weeks ago USED for $3, after a $10 coupon.  5th Grader is worth $3 at most.  Thus, I got my money's worth. ;-)  All questions are multiple choice except for the Million Dollar Question.  I LOL'ed at how the previous owner never won more than $25K, yet I won the million on my first time out.  My DS has told me I am smarter than a 5th grader, just in case 5 years of college wasn't proof enough.

Neumms

« Reply #430 on: July 09, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'189033\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 05:16 PM\']
[/quote]

Anyone else amused that the "Moment of Truth" home game page offers helpful links to "Barrel of Monkeys" and "Battleship"? For those lucky shoppers who have someone left to play with.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #431 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'190422\' date=\'Jul 9 2008, 01:44 PM\']
Anyone else amused that the "Moment of Truth" home game page offers helpful links to "Barrel of Monkeys" and "Battleship"? For those lucky shoppers who have someone left to play with.[/quote]
Actually, Barrel of Monkeys works quite well as a solitaire game. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #432 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:27 AM »
Figured something like this would fit best in this thread rather than a standalone. Walking through Target, I sighted this alarm clock with a big buzzer button as its snooze. The button is huge and the base heavy duty, but the snapback on the button is not game show esque. Still cool, though, and affordable.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

cliffhanger285

« Reply #433 on: July 11, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »
Hey! I'm new here.

I have news that Ludia has completed the DS and Wii version of TPiR, but need to send it to Nintendo and ESRB for testing before realeasing it. The Wii version has the same games as the PC, but the DS version has a few less games, though I can confirm from Ludia themselves plinko and cliffhanger will be in the ds.

MYosua

« Reply #434 on: July 11, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
The distributor of the PC-CD/console version of the Price is Right game, Ubisoft, has recently launched a web site.  It has a playable version of Punch-A-Bunch (Plinko and Cliffhangers will be added in the coming months).  You can win a Wii prize pack or the grand prize of a trip for two to play Plinko at the stage show for $5,000.  For me, the best part of the web site is that they use cues from the show as background music - some of them haven't been heard in the clear before.