Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464301 times)

Neumms

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'191457\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 06:08 PM\']
I found a pic of the new Press Your Luck handheld game.  Judge for yourself.

http://www.poptoypartyservices.ca/index.ph...t&Itemid=59  Judge for yourself.
[/quote]

I appreciate the details, like the 50s TV set design of the console.

nate80s

« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
I have to do a better job of proofreading lol.  I take it that the squares won't change, but that's alright.  Now I can't wait to see what the tabletop version looks like.

Nate

TimK2003

« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'191457\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 07:08 PM\']
I found a pic of the new Press Your Luck handheld game.  Judge for yourself.

[/quote]

I think I saw the Feud game out at Wal ly World Mart over the weekend already, but I didn't recall seeing PYL. (I was too busy looking for Hannah Montana stuff for my niece's 7th b-day).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:52:51 PM by TimK2003 »

nate80s

« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »
I always forget to proofread my posts lol.  I'm pretty sure the squares won't change.  I'm guessing they will light up and judging from the pic, I just see one whammy on the board.  The tabletop version will probably be better when that comes out.

Nate

Bob Zager

« Reply #454 on: July 29, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
I decided to try an option at Walmart.com, called "site-to-store," when ordering the box game version of "Don't Forget the Lyrics."  If you don't mind waiting, compared to most other online stores, it's worth it!

Not all items at Walmart.com are eligible for "site-to-store," but when you use this option, you pay as you order the item(s) online, indicate a store in you area where you want the item(s) shipped to, and then they inform you via email when your order is ready for pickup.  This way, you do not pay for shipping of your order, however sales tax is added!

A new item turning up this week on various sites (including amazon.com), is the "Ca$h Cab," box game from Imagination Games.  If you go to their website (www.imagainationgames.com) you can click on a video presentation about 2008 products.  Among the stuff shown is brief footage of the "Lingo," DVD game, and it also shows a "Lingo," card game, but not in great detail.

I tried emailing MGA games a few months ago, and never heard back as to whether or not their Wheel of Fortune DVD game is coming out, as announced a while ago.

uncleplinko

« Reply #455 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
I know it's not a game show, but on the Imagination site in the 2008 preview video, they even "feature" a "Bejeweled" board game.

Howzzat gonna work?
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

comicus

« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'191523\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 12:12 PM\']
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'191457\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 07:08 PM\']I found a pic of the new Press Your Luck handheld game.  Judge for yourself.

Nate[/quote]

To be fair, it doesn't look THAT bad. It seems like it'll have trivia (A, B and C buttons). One can only hope that the actual Big Board part of the game doesn't blow chunks.
[/quote]
It would be hard for it to be worse than the DVD game.  LCD limitations aside, I'm looking forward to it.

I've always thought PYL would make a dynamite handheld game...

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncleplinko\' post=\'192687\' date=\'Jul 29 2008, 08:21 PM\'] I know it's not a game show, but on the Imagination site in the 2008 preview video, they even "feature" a "Bejeweled" board game.

Howzzat gonna work? [/quote]

If I were designing a euro board game around Bejeweled... hmm....

A bag of tiles with the different symbols.  When you find a set of three (or more) you pop them and advance the scoring track for that particular symbol for you.  Extra movement for a longer string of symbols.  Refill from the bag.  At end of game, steal blatantly from Knizia, and count only your lowest score as your real score.

Or I could just play Puzzle Quest instead.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:11:34 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #458 on: July 29, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'192718\' date=\'Jul 29 2008, 08:11 PM\']At end of game, steal blatantly from Knizia, and count only your lowest score as your real score.[/quote] So nice he used it twice. And rightly so, it's a great mechanism.

Or I could just play Puzzle Quest instead.
I knew there was a reason I liked you. :)
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2008, 04:28:17 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'192718\' date=\'Jul 29 2008, 08:11 PM\']
A bag of tiles with the different symbols.  When you find a set of three (or more) you pop them and advance the scoring track for that particular symbol for you.  Extra movement for a longer string of symbols.[/quote]
And for the sequel, they could do it on a hex grid. It would be, erm, ingenious...

Naah. Never work.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
I was in a local Target store last night, and saw BOTH "The Moment of Truth," games (from Cardinal for $9.99, and Hasbro/Selchow & Righter for $19.99), as well as.........Itoys electronic tabletop THE PRICE IS RIGHT (for $29.99)!

From what I'd seen on the packaging, the game contains 10 popular games, including "Contestant's Row," "The Big Wheel," (aka "Showcase Showdown"), and the "Showcase."  The regular pricing games include, "Hi-Lo," "Grocery Game," "Cliffhangers," "Clock Game," "Pick a Pair," "PLINKO," and IIRC "Any Number."  The full-page advertisement from this year's Toy Fair showed "Hole in One," as being included, but the actual product DOES NOT!

The following link shows the prototype game (minus box), but the actual game looks even better!

http://www.amazon.com/iToys-Price-right-el...082&sr=8-37

From the box cover illustration, it showed the numbers 100 (one dollar) and 15 on the side of the "Big Wheel," in red, and all others in white.  It makes me think that maybe in your bonus spin, you start the wheel at 100 and that only the 15 cent space will earn $5,000 (or $10,000 if they are going by the new rules of the show).

The actual game's "Plinko," board looks more like the show's actual board, and the box indicated that there are SIX Plinko chips included.  Why the extra, I don't know, unless it was a printing error.

Like the handheld game from Tiger, you draw a card to determine the game to play, and enter a code number to get started.

That's about all I can say right now, since I haven't bought one yet, but it sure looks like a winner to me!

clemon79

« Reply #461 on: August 01, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'193051\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 09:23 AM\']
That's about all I can say right now, since I haven't bought one yet, but it sure looks like a winner to me![/quote]
I'll be interested to hear hands-on reports, but I still think simple physics is going to ruin the two experiences everyone seems to be most excited about.

(And the sixth Plinko chip is in case you lose one, of course.)

tpirfan28

« Reply #462 on: August 01, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »
I might pick up a copy at Wal-Mart this weekend if they have one.  Seems really fun.

Might post a video, too.

Re: Hole in One...I wonder if that's a possible second version if this sells well.  It looked like Hole in One was at the same place as Plinko on the prototype(s?).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:36:15 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #463 on: August 01, 2008, 07:01:05 PM »
From what I'd seen on the packaging, the game contains 10 popular games, including "Contestant's Row," "The Big Wheel," (aka "Showcase Showdown"), and the "Showcase." The regular pricing games include, "Hi-Lo," "Grocery Game," "Cliffhangers," "Clock Game," "Pick a Pair," "PLINKO," and IIRC "Any Number."
Magic Number, not Any Number.

Just picked up my copy of the TPIR tabletop game. Early reports:

THE GOOD: Considering that you're dealing with a tiny dot matrix screen, they came up with snazzy graphics. For Cliff Hangers, you're treated to an animation of the mountain climber ascending the scale, complete with famous music. There's an introductory animation for every game. Games are faithfully executed. Plinko & Big Wheel both handle better than I expected. Big Wheel included with the game is more accurate than the one pictured on the box. All the colors are correct.

THE BAD: The pricing game you play is up to you, and this is your warning: Just skip Clock Game altogether. Skip it because they totally screwed up the execution. You have 30 seconds to type in your bids for two prizes. Yes, you have to type each bid. How hard would it have been to have an instruction come on the screen telling an opponent to turn the game board toward them and act as emcee?

Hi-Lo plays accurately but the reveal is incredibly anticlimactic. You key in the three grocery items you want for the Hi row. Then a list of the retail prices of all six items scrolls across the screen, then a buzzer or a bell sounds. Weeee.

It's not perfect, but it's a pleasant little way to fill a half-hour.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:02:36 PM by Adam Nedeff »

clemon79

« Reply #464 on: August 01, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'193079\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 04:01 PM\']
How hard would it have been to have an instruction come on the screen telling an opponent to turn the game board toward them and act as emcee?[/quote]
How much are you assuming that people are playing with an opponent?

The VAST majority of players will be flying solo. Bank on it.

Could you comment more on Plinko and the Big Wheel? Aren't they going to both play too fast?