Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464303 times)

Adam Nedeff

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193083\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 07:31 PM\']
Could you comment more on Plinko and the Big Wheel? Aren't they going to both play too fast?
[/quote]
Welllll...that's a matter of personal taste, I suppose. My roommate and I both found the Plinko game rather exciting to watch. Of course it goes faster on a smaller board, but the chips bounce around like you'd want and the suspense is there. It's not like watching a coin go into a piggy bank, if that's what you're worried about.

The "Big Wheel," which, according to the rules, is the part of the game that determines who goes to the Showcase Showdown...sigh...is comparable to any spinner you'd find in any other board game ever made, I suppose. Really, I guess the fact that you're concerned enough to ask leads me to recommend that you take a pass on it. I was perfectly happy.

Hastin

« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2008, 01:21:06 AM »
Well, it's not at all Targets yet. Ran out to pick it up tonight, and neither one next to me had it. However, their board game section was empty (they clearanced out most of it), so they should be stocking it in a couple of days.

Anyone got a SKU (barcode number)? If so, I can post a link to check to see if they've got the item in-store.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 01:26:09 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2008, 05:08:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'193097\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 06:18 PM\']
The "Big Wheel," which, according to the rules, is the part of the game that determines who goes to the Showcase Showdown...sigh...is comparable to any spinner you'd find in any other board game ever made, I suppose.[/quote]
That's what I thought.
Really, I guess the fact that you're concerned enough to ask leads me to recommend that you take a pass on it.
Oh, I'd already made that decision. I was more interested in confirming my suspicions. Which I did. Thanks much. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'193079\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 07:01 PM\']

Magic Number, not Any Number.

[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't 100& certain when I posted, since I looked at the game a few minutes before the store closed that evening.

I think I would've liked to have seen Any Number, the very first game played on the first show, but Magic Number is certainly a better choice than Pick a Number!

pyramid100

« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
are there any car games in this electronic version?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' post=\'193135\' date=\'Aug 2 2008, 11:24 AM\']
are there any car games in this electronic version?
[/quote]
Games are played for cars, but there are no "car games."

tpirfan28

« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
Struck out with PYL and the TPIR desktop games at two Wal-Marts today.

However, I did see Ty Tredway's mug on a Merv Griffin's Crosswords home game, though.  Looks neat, but I really didn't want to take the box's advice and use the "spoiler" mode from the TV show.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

sfan786

« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »
I should get one of those tpir games :)

cliffhanger285

« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't take it anymore! I can't find it anywhere! I'm ordering it on Amazon!

tpirfan28

« Reply #474 on: August 06, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193083\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 07:31 PM\']
Could you comment more on Plinko and the Big Wheel? Aren't they going to both play too fast?
[/quote]
As the proud(?) owner of this game now, I can say that they really don't play "fast".  The fun is there for both of them for many run-throughs.

Kind of odd the main theme is nowhere to be found, but the Come On Down music plays for pretty much everything.

Amazing what they did with the dox matrix screen...a dropping Plinko chip for the Plinko intro, Hans Yodelman make a cameo...bang up job.

My complaint is the bad variety of games...sub Check-Out for Clock Game, and maybe weasel in something like Buy or Sell or Take Two, it's be a little more fun.

It works to sit on the desk as a neat little trinket, too.

EDIT:  The barcode number is 6954502301.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:35:33 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Hastin

« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'193515\' date=\'Aug 6 2008, 11:17 AM\']
EDIT:  The barcode number is 6954502301.
[/quote]

Thanks, but I picked it up later that day. I'm working on a quick video review of it to post this weekend. If it were $20 or $15, it would be the perfect price, but I still think that $30 is too much.

//Post does not contain intentional pricing game puns.
-Hastin :)

comicus

« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:33 PM »
Kay-Bee has the LMAD DVD game on clearance for $4.99 and the Jeopardy DVD game w/ buzzers for $19.99.  Old and busted stuff, but I figure someone might want to grab either/or on the cheap.

cliffhanger285

« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »
How was the quality of the music?

Bob Zager

« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »
The following link to amazon.com, is to show what the Press Your Luck handheld game looks like, out of the package:

http://www.amazon.com/iToys-Press-Your-Luc...4823&sr=1-2

After linking to it, you can click to see TWO views of the unit out of the packaging.

Also, at that link, you can click to see other "ITOYS, Inc" products at amazon, and you'll see an NBC Sports Trivia electronic game, as well as an Access Hollywood entertainment trivia electronic game.  Both of them are very similar in design to Itoys "1 VS 100" handheld game.

comicus

« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »
Grabbed the TPIR tabletop game at my local Target.  If owning your very own miniaturized Plinko board and Showcase Showdown Wheel is worth $30 to you, then by all means grab it.  The rest of the games range from mildly interesting to achingly tedious.  Clock Game is impossible given the keypad layout.  Cliff Hangers is neat (yes, Hans yodels!), Grocery Game is pretty well done... the remaining games are pretty much a waste of effort.  Really, how hard would it have been to swap Lucky Seven and Any Number for Magic Number and Pick-A-Pair?

My only other big gripe is that there's no place on the game unit itself to store the 175 cards and six tiny, tiny Plinko chips (seriously, they're about half the diameter of a Certs).  You are provided with a flimsy plastic case in which everything can fit...  I guess I just assumed there'd be a storage compartment under the unit itself.  I also expected it to be a wee bit bigger, but it's not as if it's too small.  The screen readouts are backlit and vivid, the graphics are very nice given the limitations of the unit, it runs on AA batteries... and it's Plinko!  It's a freakin' Plinko board!  No, the physics of the game aren't hampered by the smaller size... sure the chip falls a bit faster, but it's hardly a free fall; the unit was excellently crafted.

You might want to wait for the game to come down in price if you're not a fanatic, or if you're looking for more in-depth game play.  Actually, combining this with the 2nd edition Endless TPIR game would give you the ultimate at-home Price simulation.  I'm not usually impressed by electronic or DVD home editions, but this is a definite exception.  I love it.