Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464437 times)

dzinkin

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »
Jordan, two things:

1. Please read the email I just sent you.

2. Slow down.

Thank you.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157734\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 10:43 AM\']
Anyway, On the subject of "The Price is Right PC Game"; I feel like it would be great, if they change how it was played on DVD. So we could ACTUALLY give a bid on the showcase, rather than selecting one from a menu. I hope they also include more pricing games than the ones also featured in the DVD Game.
[/quote]
If they *didn't* make that change, I would be shocked. This sounds like a completely different dev group anyhow, and you have to think, having been released from the shackles necessitated by the DVD format and a limited input device, that the game will be a LOT different.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157726\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 01:16 PM\']And also the "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" Card Game has just released, time to pretend you remember grade school, by rolling a dice and picking a grade level.[/quote]
Not authentic enough.  If I wanted to relive grade school, someone would have to administer the atomic wedgies.

A local Toys R Us had both the Are You Smarter than a 10-Year-Old SAG Member 5th Grader? card game with bonus game material on CD for portable play, as well as the box game.  The prices are $10 on the card game and CD, $22 on the box game.

A Target in the same plaza had the Jeopardy! Plug and Play, released not that long ago, clearance priced at $14.

bhall96992

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »
I just picked up the PC version of Concentration and since no one's mentioned it yet, I will. I found it good, just like the version we saw on NBC in the early 90's (no shock, since NBC is even mentioned in the copyright information). However, with "over 100 picture puzzle to solve" it could get old quick. Heck, within the first hour of play, I had already repeated 2 puzzles.

Bob Zager

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »
And now here's something I stumbled across accidentally:

http://www.amazon.com/tv-lingo-zip-and-go/...9931&sr=1-1

I believe there was a posting sometime ago, about a version in the Netherlands, IIRC, but now a U.S. version is available.  It may not be as much fun as the show, or the online versions, but looks a bit more challenging.

JohnTheGameMan

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
I downloaded the PC version of Concentration off of refelxive.com.  It is a very good game, but I can see a problem after playing it a long while.  It does hold true to the Alex Trebek version.
Second, at the Target near where I live, the Jeopardy Plug N' Play is on clearance for $9.99.  A great steal if I do say so myself.
I can't wait to get my hands on the 1 vs. 100 DVD game---looks really good.  The tabletop version is one of the best home games I have played in a long time, very true to the show.  
As for Identity, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the game, but I have a feeling it may not be released since NBC did not renew the show.  I hope I am wrong.
Lastly, I just picked up the Press Your Luck DVD game.  It isn't bad but my qualm with it is that you can't tell what you have stopped on until the actual prize or whammy is displayed.  The questions are decent and Todd Newton does a reasonable job hosting.  I know some have knocked it, but at least I enjoy it.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »
[quote name=\'joshg\' post=\'157686\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 05:16 AM\']
Finally... an "official" Price PC game:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070717/tv_nm/...O08BA8tcthlM3wV

EDIT - Ludia website:

http://ludia.com/
[/quote]
Well, the game's section says that there will be a dozen pricing games. This game is gonna get old soon. Not everybody wants to play Plinko and Cliffhangers every other show.

Note to self: When making a Price PC game, remember that there are over 80 pricing games in rotation.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:52:33 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JayDLewis

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2007, 05:12:15 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'157856\' date=\'Jul 18 2007, 03:51 PM\']

Well, the game's section says that there will be a dozen pricing games. This game is gonna get old soon. Not everybody wants to play Plinko and Cliffhangers every other show.

Note to self: When making a Price PC game, remember that there are over 80 pricing games in rotation.
[/quote]

You may want to make a 2nd note to self that a DVD can only hold 4.7GB of data.

To do animation, etc for all 80 games you'd need HD-DVD or BluRay to become standard. Otherwise you're making a game on a media format available to almost no one. (can't play a PC game on your PS3) I don't think many manufacturers are shipping PCs with HD or BluRay ROMs unless it's a high-end machine. (Dell's XPS series for example)
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

deknaj

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2007, 11:52:47 PM »
Well I was at Toys R Us tonight and saw the plethora of DOND games, 1 vs 100 games and I saw the anniversary edition of Wheel and the DVD Jeopardy game as well as the card and board versions of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader....it looks like game show board games are back with a vengeance. Now if we could just get Match Game DVD from Endless...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157683\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 12:26 AM\']-Identity (Board Game)

Seriously, i can't believe "Idenitity" is going to be a board game, I was going to try-out to be a contestant!
[/quote]You and me both. It's not like the show was a solid format to begin with. It would be more interesting to probe your friends for identities and have one victim friend try to match them up.

Then again, Deal or No Deal has proved well enough that a board game doesn't need to have a good format inside, or even any real play value at all.

[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157726\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 10:16 AM\']Actually I am clemon. Normally I wuss out when i see $286,000 and its 1 vs 11.[/quote]Why? You don't get to keep the "money" that you win, so why not play on and see how many you can get right. For that matter, why not just chuck all of the other game materials and ask each other the questions?

I don't see the accomplishment in answering a handful of trivia questions and deciding to pack it all in. If you can provide some insight, it would be appreciated.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:50 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'157883\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 12:18 AM\']
You and me both. It's not like the show was a solid format to begin with. It would be more interesting to probe your friends for identities and have one victim friend try to match them up.

Then again, Deal or No Deal has proved well enough that a board game doesn't need to have a good format inside, or even any real play value at all.
[/quote]
Yeah, but D/ND's a hit show. ;-)

Seriously, I see what you mean. D/ND can be played with index cards and a calculator. Will it be as flashy? Of course not. And the 26 models might take away some most all of the fun.

Could Identity be the shortest-lived show to get a home game? If you go by episodes, you might have, what, 12 or 13, including the December trial week?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:32:09 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jordan Hass

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2007, 03:05:37 AM »
I should bump this up, and say, i tried to make the "Identity" home game.

Me and my friends were at a resturant during a busy lunch time today, and they bet me $50 that the people next to us were gay.

I had guts to wait 10 minutes, then ask "If they were gay".

They weren't, it turns out they were college roommates.

And then i went back to my table, said "Sorry that is not their identity" and took the $50.

---

I just got the Press Your Luck DVD Game today as well, Todd Newton is as excited as he is on the TPIR dvd game, the only problem is when you "Spin" the big board, it doesn't sync properly, and it is just whammying or landing on "2000", and at the end, when i passed 1 spin, my opponent hit "3000+spin" and the game just ended, with his total (which was still incorrect as they forgot to add the $3,000).

It was fun seeing whammies return. And to make things extra fun, throw confetti or silly string at your opponent for "Double Whammies".

3 out of 5 stars for this game. Better than The Price is Right, but there were errors.

comicus

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2007, 04:18:43 AM »
Any idea on when the Jakks P&P 1 vs. 100 game will hit shelves?  And has anyone played the DVD version yet?

curtking

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157890\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 02:05 AM\']

Me and my friends were at a resturant during a busy lunch time today, and they bet me $50 that the people next to us were gay.

And then i went back to my table, said "Sorry that is not their identity" and took the $50.
[/quote]
I believe it's my turn in the rotation.

Wow.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' post=\'157896\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 08:23 AM\']
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157890\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 02:05 AM\']

[/quote]
I believe it's my turn in the rotation.

Wow.
[/quote]

My turn.

Why?
insert signature here