Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464228 times)

tvmitch

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2008, 06:44:17 PM »
There's a half-decent Million Dollar Password game for the iPod touch/iPhone, currently at 99 cents in the App Store.

Reviews seemed to be mixed...gameplay isn't strict password (some word search and mixed letter puzzles) but I highly enjoyed it after playing for a half hour. Definitely better than most of the other 99-cent games I've purchased.
You should follow me on Twitter

vtown7

« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
My local Toys R Us had the 1 vs. 100 Tabletop on for less than $5 if memory serves.

Ryan

chad1m

« Reply #707 on: December 20, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »
Three bucks. KBToys.com

mxc0427

« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
Zoo Games have included screenshots to their upcoming Deal or No Deal game for the Wii:

http://www.zoogamesinc.com/showgame.php?gameid=250

Here's what the Web site says about the game:

The hit TV show is coming to your favorite video game system! The premise is simple: You have 26 briefcases in front of you. Each one contains a different amount of money. Open each case one by one, and try to find the briefcase with the biggest amount of money. Deal Or No Deal?

- A fun and cinematic recreation of the television show. Features the voice of Howie Mandel and allows you to play game after game.
- Tired of playing random episodes? Want to bring a friend along? Interested in trying your hand as the Banker? Custom Games are for you. Up to four players can compete as contestants or against them as the Banker.
- Use any of your custom created Mii characters in the game! Profiles will be saved to your Mii, so play again and again to unlock each award.
- Try your hand at the Banker\'s Challenge, Variety Ladder, or Risky Business for a change of pace. Playas series of games to accomplish specific goals-like a being a stingy Banker or a greedy contestant.

By looking at the screenshots, it looks like up to 4 players can play at the same time and you get to use your Mii character when you play the game. I am kind of curious by the meaning of the "fun and cinematic recreating of the television show." Maybe they tried to make it as real as possible. I like the variety of game modes they are offering.

Thankfully it's not just the "26-case format game on a disk" item. Instead, there seems to be more variety. I will definitely be picking this up (probably after Christmas) and I want to do a review for it as well.

Sodboy13

« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2008, 11:51:47 PM »
One of the better computer game adaptations as of late, Concentration, can now be had for $7.59.  Light on the puzzles, but otherwise fantastic.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

davemackey

« Reply #710 on: December 23, 2008, 12:01:21 AM »
[quote name=\'peiboy91\' post=\'203464\' date=\'Dec 11 2008, 06:10 PM\']
The article also mentions Steve & Barry's filing for bankruptcy protection too. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to get our Price is Right undies.
[/quote]
OMG! Wherever will Robair shop for clothes?

Sodboy13

« Reply #711 on: December 23, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »
Now getting the clearance sticker treatment at Target: The Price Is Right tabletop doohickey, down to $17.48.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

Thunder

« Reply #712 on: December 23, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »
Last-minute Walmart shopping tonight...

PYL and DOND handheld games for $9.97 each.

chad1m

« Reply #713 on: December 29, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'202765\' date=\'Dec 3 2008, 11:21 AM\']The timer is also really freaking loud - like, shout-your-clues loud - and since there's no volume control, I think I'm going to have to scope out a piece of acoustic foam or something to put over the speaker.[/quote]I've found that if you don't have something like that handy, placing a small but thick item (I use a cell phone) over the speaker keeps it loud enough to hear it and have the full experience but quiet enough so you're not shouting.

Sodboy13

« Reply #714 on: December 29, 2008, 09:40:07 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'205026\' date=\'Dec 29 2008, 07:42 PM\']
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'202765\' date=\'Dec 3 2008, 11:21 AM\']The timer is also really freaking loud - like, shout-your-clues loud - and since there's no volume control, I think I'm going to have to scope out a piece of acoustic foam or something to put over the speaker.[/quote]I've found that if you don't have something like that handy, placing a small but thick item (I use a cell phone) over the speaker keeps it loud enough to hear it and have the full experience but quiet enough so you're not shouting.
[/quote]

Heh.  Since I posted that, I found that the extra stack of 20 cards included in the Target-only edition does the job perfectly.  :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #715 on: December 30, 2008, 12:58:01 PM »
Here's something I'd heard was coming this year, but I haven't seen in stores yet:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-games.../e/653569279310

I think the box art on this one is better than the game's first edition!

alfonzos

« Reply #716 on: December 31, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »
Guess what game was listed in the Onion A.V. Club Cheap Toy Roundup?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #717 on: December 31, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »
The beloved game show has been rocketed into the '80s with this electronic setup
I lol'd.
and a "big wheel" that isn't connected to anything. (You're on the honor system with your spins, basically.)
Is this true?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #718 on: December 31, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'205189\' date=\'Dec 31 2008, 01:57 PM\']
and a "big wheel" that isn't connected to anything. (You're on the honor system with your spins, basically.)
Is this true?
[/quote]
Yes.  You spin the wheel, then enter the value on the keypad.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #719 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'205190\' date=\'Dec 31 2008, 10:59 AM\']
Yes.  You spin the wheel, then enter the value on the keypad.[/quote]
Wow. That makes that feature completely stupid.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe