Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464221 times)

Matt Ottinger

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #750 on: February 08, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'207781\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 03:02 AM\']
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'207779\' date=\'Feb 7 2009, 10:33 PM\']
And the top prize for the new Deal games is $3,000,000![/quote]
Oh, well, that launches it right into "buy" territory. I wasn't satisfied when it was only $1,000,000 in FAKE MONEY YOU DON'T ACTUALLY WIN.[/quote]
I'm waiting until they come out with a $5M top prize.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #751 on: February 08, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »
I'm waiting until they do like the 80s Pyramid home game and offer a grand prize of "$1,000,000/$3,000,000."

mxc0427

« Reply #752 on: February 08, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »
I do like the MDP Table Top game. Instead of using scoring pegs, there is an illuminating score keeper!

Also, the new DoND table top game is pretty sweet. Let alone the top prize is $3,000,000 fake money, it includes the Deal Wheel! Very nice :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'207763\' date=\'Feb 7 2009, 12:17 PM\']
I'll be attending, per usual.....
[/quote]
When you were at last year's Toy Fair, did you pass by Imagination Games' booth and see a prototype box for a DVD version of Temptation?  This link will show a "slide" show of IG products, including that:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=231017028

Wonder if they were licensed to do one, but cancelled out since the show failed, or if it will be among the new stuff this year!

Also, judging by the illustration at irwintoys.com, it looks like both the new versions of Deal or No Deal will allow up to five $1,000,000 cases available.  I've sometime thought if Pressman wanted to update their game, they ought to include a wheel like the larger game from iToys!

tpirfan28

« Reply #754 on: February 08, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'207799\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 04:05 PM\']
Also, judging by the illustration at irwintoys.com, it looks like both the new versions of Deal or No Deal will allow up to five $1,000,000 cases available.[/quote]Clearly since a Million Dollar Mission is available, I will be buying almost immediately.

/facepalm
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #755 on: February 08, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'207799\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 01:05 PM\']
Also, judging by the illustration at irwintoys.com, it looks like both the new versions of Deal or No Deal will allow up to five $1,000,000 cases available.[/quote]
Neverminding the idiotic notion that people actually play these home versions of a game that COMPLETELY DOES NOT WORK when real money is not involved, I find it terribly amusing that the producers of these games are including all of the elements (the larger top prize, the extra top prizes, basically all of the crap that makes the money tree so top-heavy) that TOTALLY BREAKS THE GAME in the United States even when the real gambling element DOES exist.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'207799\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 04:05 PM\']
When you were at last year's Toy Fair, did you pass by Imagination Games' booth and see a prototype box for a DVD version of Temptation?  This link will show a "slide" show of IG products, including that:

Wonder if they were licensed to do one, but cancelled out since the show failed, or if it will be among the new stuff this year!
[/quote]
No, but only because my contact at Imagination Games wasn't there - i listed everything i saw there last year, including the Cash Cab and Lingo DVD games that I never saw come to fruition...did they?

That's the problem with Irwin Toys, FWIW...they obviously have a real love for game shows....last year they were pitching an electronic Power of 10 game... the problem is , when the shows get cancelled as quickly as they do, what's the point of releasing a game, esp when barely anyone has sampled it?

Doing a MDP game is a neat idea, but, again, why? It's not likely going to come back on the air...You might as well do a retro electronic Password game instead.

Their games are creative...I have their electronic table top 1v100 and Family Feud, and both are fun recreations....but neither one sold well...why bother?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

chad1m

« Reply #757 on: February 08, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'207808\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 05:00 PM\']Lingo DVD games that I never saw come to fruition...did they?[/quote]Sure did. I'm looking at the Lingo DVD game on my shelf right now.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #758 on: February 08, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'207804\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 04:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'207799\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 01:05 PM\']
Also, judging by the illustration at irwintoys.com, it looks like both the new versions of Deal or No Deal will allow up to five $1,000,000 cases available.[/quote]
Neverminding the idiotic notion that people actually play these home versions of a game that COMPLETELY DOES NOT WORK when real money is not involved, I find it terribly amusing that the producers of these games are including all of the elements (the larger top prize, the extra top prizes, basically all of the crap that makes the money tree so top-heavy) that TOTALLY BREAKS THE GAME in the United States even when the real gambling element DOES exist.[/quote]This has been your argument about playing games 'for fun' for sometime now.  If people enjoy them, and they think it is entertaining, so be it.

Besides, the companies making the games have found a market for them...the same types of people who give games a "******** rating!!!!!!". The games aren't made for you.  I think its dumb too, but its no reason to get upset.  You don't like playing games for fake money.  That's fine.

Sure did. I'm looking at the Lingo DVD game on my shelf right now.
Its on my shelf too (where it will remain)...I think its fair to say you and I got the game(s) the same way.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:26:19 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chad1m

« Reply #759 on: February 08, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'207810\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 05:17 PM\']
Sure did. I'm looking at the Lingo DVD game on my shelf right now.
Its on my shelf too (where it will remain)...I think its fair to say you and I got the game(s) the same way.[/quote]Well, if it was the same way I got my Bingo America and Press Your Luck games...
I think Bingo and Lingo are both fairly fun. PYL is a wreck. I stopped after the first "round" and never played again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #760 on: February 08, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'207810\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 02:17 PM\']
This has been your argument about playing games 'for fun' for sometime now.[/quote]
Not in general. THIS ONE. This particular game has NOTHING THERE if there is no real tangible prize to be rooting for. At all.
If people enjoy them, and they think it is entertaining, so be it.
And if I happen to think those people are morons, so be it.
Besides, the companies making the games have found a market for them...the same types of people who give games a "******** rating!!!!!!".
No question. Because there is no shortage of money to be made from morons.

(But I will qualify that: if someone is buying these as a collector of GS memorabilia, or even as a collector of electronic games, hey, dandy. Gawd knows I have bought my share of crappe in order to be an completist. But if they are buying it specifically to play the game for funsies? Morons.)
I think its dumb too, but its no reason to get upset.
As usual, you greatly overestimate the level of actual concern I have with regard to this issue.
You don't like playing games for fake money.  That's fine.
No, I like playing *games* for fake money, when there is an actual game to be played when you remove the money from the equation. Password? Pyramid? You bet. The *only* interesting thing about DoND (and I'm not talking about the TV show, or the production, I'm isolating it down to *the game itself*) requires there to be actual gambling involved. Take away the actual wager, there is nothing left. Period.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #761 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'207808\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 05:00 PM\']
 i listed everything i saw there last year, including the Cash Cab and Lingo DVD games that I never saw come to fruition...did they?
[/quote]

BOTH the LINGO DVD game, and the Cash Cab board game were released, but I never found either on any store shelf anywhere.  

I got my copy of Cash Cab, with discount coupons at Barnes and Noble online.  I haven't gotten LINGO yet, but gsnshop.com is the only site I've seen it sold at (though one was recently on eBay)!

pyramid100

« Reply #762 on: February 09, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
With Lingo do you have to pick from a selection of possible words or do you type them in?

chad1m

« Reply #763 on: February 09, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' post=\'207853\' date=\'Feb 9 2009, 06:11 PM\']With Lingo do you have to pick from a selection of possible words or do you type them in?[/quote]Scanned by me, these are the rules for the Lingo (there are more rounds but they're more of the same) and Bingo America DVD games.

Bob Zager

« Reply #764 on: February 13, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
I stumbled across a press release from Endless Games, and the only new GS related item mentioned is a DELUXE Newlywed Game.  Here is the link to it:

http://ca.biz.yahoo.com/bw/090212/20090212006415.html?.v=1

Though it was announced at the Fall Toy Show in Dallas, that EG was going to release a DVD game version of Million Dollar Password, it's not mentioned in this release.  I've also been curious if some stuff they planned to release last year (Family Feud 4th edition, TPIR Quick Pick, and NG Quick Picks) were delayed, or scrapped completely.