Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464202 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #825 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »
In stores now is the 2nd edition Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? box game.  I saw it at a local Toys R Us this afternoon for $22.  The same Toys R Us had the Newlywed Game/Match Game/Password DVD game 3-pack on clearance for $15.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #826 on: April 19, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'213535\' date=\'Apr 19 2009, 07:08 PM\']
The same Toys R Us had the Newlywed Game/Match Game/Password DVD game 3-pack on clearance for $15.
[/quote]
Be aware that in the grand tradition of Endless Games packaging "air", that three-pack -- which looks like three separate games shrink-wrapped together -- is actually a triple-sized single box with the discs and the few playing materials rattling around inside a larger space.

It's certainly a decent deal if you want the games to play.  But for those of you who might have thought (or hoped) that you were getting the three separate boxes for your collection, be advised otherwise.  The fact that all three could easily fit in something a fraction of the size of ONE of the boxes is another matter entirely.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Bob Zager

« Reply #827 on: April 21, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
After reading about some of the stuff available at Big Lots, I went to one near me, and found the travel size version of ESPN Jeopardy! for $15!

There were a couple of differences to the one available for around $25 at most online retailers--first, it was packaged in a cardboard box, not the zip-up "attache" case; second, this one had play money instead of the colored scoring chips.

Bob Zager

« Reply #828 on: April 23, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »
Here are some links to get a sneak peek at what are at least prototype packages of iToys new DOND and WOF games:

http://www.amazon.com/iToys-Wheel-Fortune-...508&sr=1-14

http://www.amazon.com/iToys-Deal-No-Handhe...770&sr=1-15

http://www.amazon.com/iToys-Deal-Tabletop-...770&sr=1-16

Amazon.com DOES NOT list/illustrate the tabletop Million Dollar Password game, though iToys' own website still does show it.

chad1m

« Reply #829 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »
Andrews McMeel, which produces the Jeopardy! day-to-day calendar is apparently producing 2010 Million Dollar Password and Price is Right desk calendars as well. (All three are available at Amazon for pre-order.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:18:45 PM by chad1m »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #830 on: April 24, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
Anybody know of a release date for the Press Your Luck iPhone/Xbox/etc. games from Ludia?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #831 on: April 24, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'213927\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 10:22 AM\']
Anybody know of a release date for the Press Your Luck iPhone/Xbox/etc. games from Ludia?
[/quote]
They haven't made an announcement that I've seen, so I can tell you, at least with regard to the potential XBLA game: anyone who does know, couldn't tell you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:56:22 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

RyanCDN

« Reply #832 on: April 24, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'213939\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 01:56 PM\']
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'213927\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 10:22 AM\']
[/quote]
They haven't made an announcement that I've seen, so I can tell you, at least with regard to the potential XBLA game: anyone who does know, couldn't tell you.
[/quote]

To comment on this, when it does arrive, it should be interesting.  I know that the quetion bank will eventually show repeat questions, but the gameplay should be tough to duplicate.  Let's face it, the questions are not really the "meat and potatoes" of the game as much as the board is.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

clemon79

« Reply #833 on: April 24, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »
[quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'213940\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 12:04 PM\']
but the gameplay should be tough to duplicate.[/quote]
I sincerely hope you mean "shouldn't" here, since Curt King did a damned fine job of it many many years ago with far fewer resources.

dazztardly

« Reply #834 on: April 24, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »
I'm sure he meant "shouldn't". When I did a PYL sim for an Anime Convention, it wasn't too bad...and no it wasn't Greggo's prog either; though I drew up the logo. Not exactly a project a "novice" should be taking on. When Chris Colbourne did the audition software for Whammy, and GSM PYL, he said it wasn't bad to do.

The problem is that the recent commercial versions of PYL, have been pure crap. They don't look good, and/or they don't play good. However, with the fine job Ludia displayed on The Price is Right release, I'm sure they will do just fine.

RyanCDN

« Reply #835 on: April 25, 2009, 12:29:35 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'213966\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 05:45 PM\']
[quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'213940\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 12:04 PM\']
but the gameplay should be tough to duplicate.[/quote]
I sincerely hope you mean "shouldn't" here, since Curt King did a damned fine job of it many many years ago with far fewer resources.
[/quote]

I used a poor choice of words and phrasing.  What I meant is that it should be tough to play the same game twice.  With TPiR, as much as I enjoy the game, once you run through it, you start to duplicate prizes and such.  The only thing that adds a total variable is the wheel.

Yeah, Curt did a great job.  I had to download it again, to give it another whirl.  I played that baby like mad when he first released it.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #836 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35:20 PM »
Interesting addition to the iPhone stable...Ruota della Fortuna (Italian WoF).

$2.99. Unlicensed game, but it looks to be pretty fun (from what I can make of the description, it says the rules from the show apply).

Available on iTunes.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

« Reply #837 on: May 10, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'215366\' date=\'May 10 2009, 05:35 PM\']Available on iTunes.[/quote]
If it's unlicensed, I suspect it won't be for long, since the Boulder Dash clone I downloaded the other day was gone within 24 hours.

LA the DJ

« Reply #838 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:38 AM »
For those of you interested in the development of 1 vs. 100, 1up.com has posted a preview, including game footage. It sounds like fun. And even if it's not, who cares? It's free!

1 vs. 100 for the Xbox 360 from 1up.com
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

chad1m

« Reply #839 on: May 31, 2009, 08:24:20 AM »
IGN, in two articles, reports that "Target and Ubisoft will come together at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, June 2–4, for an exclusive preview of the upcoming titles Press Your Luck 2010 and the all new The Price Is Right 2010...E3 attendees will be the first to experience Ubisoft's video game adaptations of the popular television game shows, which are produced by FremantleMedia North America. Created by Ludia Inc. and licensed by FremantleMedia Enterprises, these titles will be available on store shelves this fall." The second article makes mention that Family Feud 2010 is also being developed by the same team for a future release. Sadly, no word yet on Jeopardy! 1999.

So it looks like we'll have some new screenshots, videos and information on these games later in the week.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:31:32 AM by chad1m »