Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464156 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #960 on: October 02, 2009, 10:06:03 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'227478\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 08:42 PM\']If both families can't provide a correct face-off answer, the question is thrown out.[/quote]
Which, I believe, is also accurate to the show.  I've seen this happen at least once pre-O'Hurley, and I'm presuming more recent incidents just aren't aired.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #961 on: October 02, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'227492\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 07:06 PM\'][quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'227478\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 08:42 PM\']If both families can't provide a correct face-off answer, the question is thrown out.[/quote]
Which, I believe, is also accurate to the show.  I've seen this happen at least once pre-O'Hurley, and I'm presuming more recent incidents just aren't aired.[/quote]Wait, no it isn't...if neither face-off participant charts, the question would go to next in line on the family of the first buzzer-er. Has that changed?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

chad1m

« Reply #962 on: October 02, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'227493\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 10:32 PM\']Wait, no it isn't...if neither face-off participant charts, the question would go to next in line on the family of the first buzzer-er. Has that changed?[/quote]On the game's sudden death, it only goes once to each family, since there's one answer. On the game's regular question, there's at least two chances to answer, the second by next-in-lines.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #963 on: October 02, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'227478\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 05:42 PM\']- The recognition system is usually really good... almost too good. (Example: In one question, I typed in "rock"... it gave me "Accident" on the board which, I assume is because it's a synonym for "wreck" which kinda sounds like "rock." ) On a related note, it did not give me "yard stick" when I typed "yardstick."[/quote]
The description I would use for a parser that does what you state does include the word "really", but the word "good" is nowhere to be found.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #964 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:39 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'227495\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 10:46 PM\']The description I would use for a parser that does what you state does include the word "really", but the word "good" is nowhere to be found.[/quote]It's not like the iWin version nor any other computer or video game version of the program never gave credit for an answer where it wasn't due. I don't expect perfection because I know that it is not possible.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:18:20 PM by chad1m »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #965 on: October 03, 2009, 01:58:01 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'227493\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 10:32 PM\'][quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'227492\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 07:06 PM\'][quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'227478\' date=\'Oct 2 2009, 08:42 PM\']If both families can't provide a correct face-off answer, the question is thrown out.[/quote]
Which, I believe, is also accurate to the show.  I've seen this happen at least once pre-O'Hurley, and I'm presuming more recent incidents just aren't aired.[/quote]Wait, no it isn't...if neither face-off participant charts, the question would go to next in line on the family of the first buzzer-er. Has that changed?
[/quote]

Yes it has changed. I presume they started editing it out as the years wore on, but at least once in the Louie edition, the two people at the podium missed the question and Louie said words to the effect of "when you both screw up the question, we say WE screwed up the question. And you get another shot." Cue audience applause, Louie changes the card on his clipboard, and the whole spiel started again.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Bob Zager

« Reply #966 on: October 16, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
Last week was the fall toy show in Dallas, TX; and reportedly next year Endless games will release the fourth edition of Family Feud, with the same type game board used by MB and Pressman.  A prototype box is shown under the "What's New," option at their website, and shows the original series logos (the Whitman motif on the box itself, and a photo on it of apparently an MB version, with the "block," style logo).

A separate report mentioned that Pressman was showing a prototype game based on the new LMAD show!

chad1m

« Reply #967 on: October 16, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »
I really like the way the Feud logo looks on the box, but I wonder why they're not using the current logos for that and Newlywed. It's crude and imperfect, but here's a mock-up I did using the current logo and the motif they chose.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:40:47 PM by chad1m »

nate80s

« Reply #968 on: October 16, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »
I stumbled upon some screenshots of PYL 2010 for the DS.  The big board graphics are rather disturbing.  

Here they are:
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamescreens..../6463703aaa.jpg
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamescreens..../2628067aaa.jpg
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamescreens....s/307722aaa.jpg
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamescreens..../4078457aaa.jpg

At least with the second pic, you can actually touch the plunger on the touch screen.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #969 on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:39 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'228691\' date=\'Oct 16 2009, 06:36 PM\']I stumbled upon some screenshots of PYL 2010 for the DS.  The big board graphics are rather disturbing.[/quote]
Disturbing?  What were you expecting for a portable game system with a 256x192 resolution?  Maybe these Wii screenshots are more acceptable.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:26:17 PM by MikeK »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #970 on: October 16, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'228691\' date=\'Oct 16 2009, 05:36 PM\']I stumbled upon some screenshots of PYL 2010 for the DS.[/quote]
Two questions:

Why is there a timer next to the plunger? (Nice that they made the plunger touchable, though.)

Are these shots showing board configurations that made it into the game, or the preliminary configurations that Ludia has said will be corrected? (The fourth picture includes a "Go Back 2 Spaces" in which the arrows point off-screen.)

Bob Zager

« Reply #971 on: October 17, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'228682\' date=\'Oct 16 2009, 04:32 PM\']I really like the way the Feud logo looks on the box, but I wonder why they're not using the current logos for that and Newlywed. It's crude and imperfect, but here's a mock-up I did using the current logo and the motif they chose.[/quote]
Who knows, maybe they WILL use the current logo, if and when the actual game comes out!  It was first announced two years ago, at the 2007 Fall Toy Show, and the prototype box DID show the current logo.

Maybe they'll use the current GSN Newlywed Game logo as well, when that comes out.

bwood

« Reply #972 on: October 27, 2009, 07:46:20 PM »
Anyone play the PYL game that came out today yet? I rented the Wii version on my way home from work today. I've only played a few games. Single player mode is set up like FF Wii is, where you try to beat sets of contestants. You stop the Big Board just like you do in FF on Wii. It's good to know that the haggard looking layouts that were seen in the preliminary screen shots didn't make it in the game from what I've seen so far. From what I've played the more realistic looking ones did make it in. I just read on g-r that JC said there are 8 different BB configs for each BB round. I haven't really seen anything drastically different yet.  

My only gripes that I have right now it that I've hit BIG BUCKS a few times in round one, and one time it gave me a trip (was most expensive prize on the board I guess, did not give me the BB square) and two other times I hit BB, it said "Stop at Big Bucks!, $200!" with the $1500 space showing, and not a $200 space in sight....and it gave me $5000, in round 1?!? You only hear about 3 seconds of the board spin sound effect when you spin then it fades out and all you hear is the crowd cheering if you haven't stopped the board yet. Finally, the last thing I have found is that the only prizes on the board are trips (instead of other generic named prizes they could have used like CAR, TV etc), and it gets kind of annoying hearing "You've won the trip" all of the time.

Other than that it looks pretty good from what I've played so far, but like I've said I haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Also, it plays a snippet of the REAL, on-air PYL theme when they spin the podium around to the Big Board, so music clearance wasn't an issue, they just went with the pilot sounding theme in the intro instead.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #973 on: October 27, 2009, 07:51:23 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'229312\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 04:46 PM\']My only gripes that I have right now it that I've hit BIG BUCKS a few times in round one, and one time it gave me a trip (was most expensive prize on the board I guess, did not give me the BB square) and two other times I hit BB, it said "Stop at Big Bucks!, $200!" with the $1500 space showing, and not a $200 space in sight....and it gave me $5000, in round 1?!? You only hear about 3 seconds of the board spin sound effect when you spin then it fades out and all you hear is the crowd cheering if you haven't stopped the board yet. Finally, the last thing I have found is that the only prizes on the board are trips (instead of other generic named prizes they could have used like CAR, TV etc), and it gets kind of annoying hearing "You've won the trip" all of the time.[/quote]
ONLY gripes?

Those sound...significant. Especially the outright bugs.

That's some fine programming work there, Ludia.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #974 on: October 27, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'229313\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 07:51 PM\']That's some fine programming work there, Ludia.[/quote]Can you link us to some of the games you've worked on?