Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon now rerunning "Legends..."  (Read 4459 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Nickelodeon now rerunning "Legends..."
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »
Apparently tired of rerunning shows like Spongebob and Danny Phantom, Nickelodeon has begun slotting reruns of Legends of the Hidden Temple at 7:30 AM ET.   (And while the listings services still have the old schedule for next week, the Nick.com schedule [a godawful website, but for it's target age I suppose it's fine] does indeed show Legends next week as well)

Regardless of what brought this schedule change on, it's certainly nice to see again (I haven't had Nick's GaS channel in some time)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:51:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'152312\' date=\'May 15 2007, 10:50 AM\']
Regardless of what brought this schedule change on, it's certainly nice to see again (I haven't had Nick's GaS channel in some time)
[/quote]
I've had GaS for some time. Musta been the gazpacho.

/mmmmm, delicious low-hanging fruit
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:50:04 PM by WhammyPower »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'152323\' date=\'May 15 2007, 01:49 PM\']
It pays to read every new topic.

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12856
[/quote]

"Possible DVR/VCR alert" is an amazingly ambiguous thread title.  I saw the thread title, and figured it was just Pat Sajak appearing on Hardball, or Deal or No Deal model #14 appearing on Barney & Friends, and skipped it.

Over the years, folks have had wildly differing views of just what exactly constitutes a "VCR alert", so I've learned to tune them out - I've missed a couple of interesting things, but it's greatly helped filter out the crap.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:06:55 PM by Seth Thrasher »

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:19 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'152323\' date=\'May 15 2007, 02:49 PM\']
It pays to read every new topic.

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12856
[/quote]
Now, see, by that standard, you should have read this and refrained from posting your "gotcha" message.

I reiterate Matt's point: yes, obvious failures to check for duplication are indeed annoying.  This doesn't fall into that category.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:12:56 PM by dzinkin »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »
I can tell you that I'm most pleased by this news. I haven't watched the show since I was 6. It's gonna be quite fun.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:35 PM »
I had recently gotten to see Legends on GaS after not seeing it for years. It's interesting to watch a show you remember from your youth with a fresh pair of eyes. I instantly found myself humming along with the music cues again. I was comforted to discover that I still enjoyed it.

--
Scott Robinson
(who feels bad for all of the kids who were eliminated at the moat)

Red

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 07:31:46 AM »
While I do have Nick GAS, I do find this to be pleasant surprise as it was one of my favorite game shows to run on Nickelodeon. However....why? I see two options.

1) Nick GAS is pretty much dead and maybe they want somewhere to air these shows occasionally, although a 'Classics Nick' channel would probably be better for shows ranging from Rugrats to Kenan & Kel to GUTS.

2) They want to revive the show. They tried reviving Wild and Crazy Kids a few years ago, and while I thought it was fine for a revival, it just didn't live up to the original, and it failed miserably. I wouldn't mind it though, I just can't see them putting in the execution like they did the 90s version, I mean, just look at it. Would they really make it look that good and put that much work into it again?
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

WhammyPower

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Red\' post=\'152407\' date=\'May 16 2007, 06:31 AM\'] Would they really make it look that good and put that much work into it again? [/quote]
I'll wager $0 that Olmec will either be a video wall or CG that is nonexistent on the set.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:42:36 AM by WhammyPower »

gwarman2005

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
Around 7:30am, my newborn and I watched The Fairly Odd Parents together.  While it's nice to see a resurected game show on their main channel, TFOP is one of few "new" cartoons that makes me laugh and now gone.  That's why my baby cries in the morning now. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:07:46 PM by gwarman2005 »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
I think the only reason they're rerunning it is because a) none of the kids that watch the network now would have watched it when it originally aired and b) the kids that watch it now won't be able to tell how old it is. Guts has a distinctly 90's feel, Double Dare has pop culture questions that are out of date, and Figure It Out boasts celebrities from long-cancelled shows. But since Legends of the Hidden Temple is soaked in the atmosphere of ancient legends, it doesn't look old (or at least, the parts that look old are supposed to look old).

--
Scott Robinson
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:14:13 PM by MSTieScott »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
There is some "mainstream" following with those who grew up with the show.  I can prove this because for Pitt's recent spring festival, they turned the Quad into the Temple (or at least attempted to).

There's also the amusing Facebook groups that bemoan those who can't put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, but I digress.
This signature is currently under construction.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 02:45:02 PM »
And those temple team shirts turn up on campuses around me as well. As a kid, though, it put me to sleep and made me long for "Nick Arcade." I've since come (somewhat) to my senses.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 06:20:09 PM »
I apologize for a lack of a better topic title for the "Alert" thread.

While searching for some Legends stuff...there seems to be some sort of system to their production numbering scheme.  340K means:

3 - season number
40 - episode number (ergo, Monday's ep. was the last one ever aired)
K - taping #, A=1, up to K=11

There's a pretty good fansite here (Geocities link) that's got a lot of geeky information about the show and it's evolving.  Included are MIDI files of the cues (the Open, Moat Game, Temple Games, and the (IMHO) addicting Temple Run music), and a really hard computer version of the Temple Run.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chad1m

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »
Wow, I'm amazed at actually how well the Temple Run cue is recreated.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:43:10 PM by chad1m »