Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: need help on outline of a new game show  (Read 1592 times)

hayhnh

need help on outline of a new game show
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to t his forum.
I need desperate help.  I have a fantastic, wonderful idea for a new game show and the network requires an outline.  Well, I've searched and have not run across anything that can help me.
Can you please advise me or attach an outline that one of you have done for a game show.
Oh, I would so appreciate it..
Thank you so much in advance

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »
You're not writing an outline, you're writing a treatment. Sit down and write a description of the game. Write it as clearly as possible. Spell out all of the details of game play. Don't put in any "hype" or salesmanship, such as "this show will be the next (INSERT NAME OF SUCCESSFUL GAME SHOW)". Above all, it must be written clearly enough that someone who isn't familiar with your idea will understand it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:45:30 PM by chris319 »

hayhnh

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:34:40 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'153879\' date=\'May 30 2007, 10:44 PM\']
You're not writing an outline, you're writing a treatment. Sit down and write a description of the game. Write it as clearly as possible. Spell out all of the details of game play. Don't put in any "hype" or salesmanship, such as "this show will be the next (INSERT NAME OF SUCCESSFUL GAME SHOW)". Above all, it must be written clearly enough that someone who isn't familiar with your idea will understand it.
[/quote]

Thank you for the response.  (sigh)  looks like I got a long road ahead of me.

hayhnh

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'153879\' date=\'May 30 2007, 10:44 PM\']
[/quote]

Is treatment the official word?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:13:52 PM »
[quote name=\'hayhnh\' post=\'154000\' date=\'Jun 1 2007, 09:16 AM\']
Is treatment the official word?
[/quote]
Yes. When you boil a project down to a two- or three- page summary for the purpose of pitching it, that is called a treatment.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:14:10 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe