Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD 2003 Question  (Read 2107 times)

bwood

LMAD 2003 Question
« on: June 03, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
Did NBC ever air the remaining episodes of LMAD '03? You would think with the whole thing they are trying with the rotating "game night" schedule (and that game shows are somewhat "big" again), that they would try to burn the rest off (or even show the whole series again) during the summer (or anywhere while another show was on hiatus) to see how they would do. Personally, I didn't think the show was THAT bad, it just looked "fake"/edited horribly but isn't that the trend in these new game shows anyway? I think if they aired them, that most people would think that they were new anyway (even though the car descriptions say 2003, but that could be fixed), since not many people remember the 03' version. Even if they didn't want to produce more, they could call it a "special event" or something.  How many were made anyway? Wasn't it like 5? It would be funny if they aired them and it was a hit this time around.

Allstar87

LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 01:27:59 PM »
You're correct; five episodes of LMAD '03 were made, two have never seen the light of day. I think it's a good idea; schedule it in a decent time slot (read: NOT against American Idol), and maybe it'll become popular enough to bring forth a new LMAD.

Or if they wanted to, GSN could pick up the series and tout the last two as "never before seen episodes". But they'd never do a thing like that. ;)

BrandonFG

LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 01:46:50 PM »
I think NBC wants to chalk this up as a failed show, when really it never stood a chance going against "Idol". Sometimes, I think network execs intentionally set shows up to fail, so they can claim they gave it a shot, as half-a$$ed as it was. But enough with the tinfoil hat. :-)

I could see GSN re-airing some of the episodes, esp. since they're airing the classic episodes again. It would be the only version (other than the Vancouver edition) I've never seen. Was the 03 version really as bad as Steve Beverly made it out to be?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »
Here's what I wonder. Did the contestants on those two unaired episodes ever receive their cash and prizes? If not, would NBC really want to air them, if it would require the fulfillment on their part?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 04:59:49 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'154159\' date=\'Jun 3 2007, 12:46 PM\']
Was the 03 version really as bad as Steve Beverly made it out to be?
[/quote]

Yes.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

alfonzos

LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'154159\' date=\'Jun 3 2007, 12:46 PM\']
Was the 03 version really as bad as Steve Beverly made it out to be?
[/quote]
No, but Monty Hall's presence was sorely missed.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »
Once they stopped trying for shock value (well, more than normal) it was okay.  Plus, it had Stephen Colbert, which means it couldn't have been total crap.
This signature is currently under construction.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
Unless he made a cameo on one of the shown episodes, I believe you have him confused with another Daily Show cast-off and quasi Jay Stewart of LMAD '03, Vance DeGeneres.

-Jason
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:18:08 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 11:41:03 PM »
It wasn't too bad------but it lacked the feel of the classic LMAD's. I guess Monty's behind the scenes involvement made things a little more palatable with this version. I'd probably say that it was similar to "Trato Hecho" at times.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:42:05 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

DjohnsonCB

LMAD 2003 Question
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'154192\' date=\'Jun 3 2007, 09:17 PM\']
Unless he made a cameo on one of the shown episodes, I believe you have him confused with another Daily Show cast-off and quasi Jay Stewart of LMAD '03, Vance DeGeneres.

-Jason
[/quote]
Monty did appear on at least one of the '03 prime time shows.  Every time someone tries to bring back LMAD with a new host, they invariably fall back on Monty to try and save it.  It happened with the last NBC daytime revival as well.  Now he says he doesn't want to do it anymore, and I can understand why.  For that reason alone, I feel any future attempt at a LMAD revival may well be scuttled even before it hits the airwaves...unless enough time has passed that a whole new generation can enjoy the show for what it is rather than who the host is.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel