Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Price is Right" taping question  (Read 6194 times)

bclark71

"Price is Right" taping question
« on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:13 AM »
Can anyone enlighten me (us) as to what time Barker's final show will tape today?

Thanks in advance!

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:09:06 AM »
Normal taping time is 2:30 although in recent years, they have started taping earlier to go home earlier.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
How many of you woke up on this morning and one of the first things you thought of was, "This is the day Bob Barker tapes his last show"?

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 09:09 AM\']
How many of you woke up on this morning and one of the first things you thought of was, "This is the day Bob Barker tapes his last show"?
[/quote]
I didn't, but the CBS promotions machine is in overdrive....affiliates are running stories and east coast O&O's are getting live shots at 5pm for the taping.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:46 AM »
Here's  a small article about fans waiting for today's show.

Not sure if I agree with this quote from a potential contestant: "I'd rather win a couch from Bob Barker than a million dollars from Howie Mandel"
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:34 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'154361\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 09:31 AM\']
Here's  a small article about fans waiting for today's show.
Not sure if I agree with this quote from a potential contestant: "I'd rather win a couch from Bob Barker than a million dollars from Howie Mandel"
[/quote]
I'll give the fellow a pass on his lapse of logic seeing how by now he could be quite sleep-deprived.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 06:09 AM\']
[/quote]
Since an overlong game of Cities & Knights of Catan had me not going to sleep until about 2, the answer to that question was "not me." In fact, here were the first three things I thought of:[list=1]
  • Goddamn I'm tired.
  • I am *totally* driving into Starbucks on the way to work.
  • Goddamn I'm tired.
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'154361\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 06:31 AM\']
[/quote]
But they're not fanb0is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bclark71

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 09:09 AM\']
[/quote]

[...raises hand...]

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 09:09 AM\']How many of you woke up on this morning and one of the first things you thought of was, "This is the day Bob Barker tapes his last show"?[/quote]
Absolutely not.  Yesterday was the last day for teachers at my school until possibly early September.  The only thing to cross my mind this morning at 8 AM was "What should I do on this first full day off this summer?"  The answer:  Go back to sleep.  It's good to be a teacher.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 12:38:51 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'154372\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 12:32 PM\']
Absolutely not.  Yesterday was the last day for teachers at my school until possibly early September.  The only thing to cross my mind this morning at 8 AM was "What should I do on this first full day off this summer?"  The answer:  Go back to sleep.  It's good to be a teacher.
[/quote]

I've always wondered, since I've graduated from high school back in 1999, if teachers get paid over the summer break.  If so, what a great gig!
-Sanford

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'154374\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 12:38 PM\']I've always wondered, since I've graduated from high school back in 1999, if teachers get paid over the summer break.  If so, what a great gig![/quote]
It varies from district to district.  Where I'm at, I am getting paid through the summer.  On top of that, I'll be teaching summer school at another district through the end of July plus there's a good chance I might do some work for my school's board of directors (curriculum, prep for next year, etc.) over the summer.  Three checks is certainly better than zero.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 08:09 AM\']How many of you woke up on this morning and one of the first things you thought of was, "This is the day Bob Barker tapes his last show"?[/quote]
I did, but can I be given a pass on this one?

I expect to be deaf by the end of the day.

--
Scott Robinson

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'154378\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 09:52 AM\']
It varies from district to district.  Where I'm at, I am getting paid through the summer.[/quote]
Generally, teachers are salaried anyhow, right? You'd have to be, if you were hourly, you could claim those hours spent correcting papers as overtime and make a mint, based on watching my ex-girlfriend. (Life just hasn't been the same since that restraining order.)

So the way it happens where my mom (who is not a teacher, she's a school secretary, but it still applies, I think) works, is that employees get the same amount of money regardless, but they have the choice whether they want it spread over the entire year, or just when they are working.

So really, at least in my mom's case, "getting paid over the summer" is a misnomer. You get paid the same regardless, it's just a matter of the installments in which you want to receive it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 01:58:39 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'154386\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 01:41 PM\']Generally, teachers are salaried anyhow, right? You'd have to be, if you were hourly, you could claim those hours spent correcting papers as overtime and make a mint, based on watching my ex-girlfriend.[/quote]
If I was paid by the hour for the work I did this year, all I'd do this summer is lounge in the backyard, drinking tall glasses of lemonade.

You get paid the same regardless, it's just a matter of the installments in which you want to receive it.
Teachers at my school didn't get the option of being paid from September to June, or for the whole year.  The option of being paid 9 months out of the year or all 12 likely varies from district to district.

sshuffield70

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'154385\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 01:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'154357\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 08:09 AM\']How many of you woke up on this morning and one of the first things you thought of was, "This is the day Bob Barker tapes his last show"?[/quote]
I did, but can I be given a pass on this one?

I expect to be deaf by the end of the day.

--
Scott Robinson
[/quote]

Given that your name ends up in the credits, I completely understand.  Good luck to you and the crew on today's show.