Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC's "Set For Life" Premieres 7/20  (Read 1162 times)

TimK2003

ABC's "Set For Life" Premieres 7/20
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
Per Broadcasting & Cable, The next game show offering by EnDamnol will debut Friday, July 20th.

No time is indicated in the article, so I'm not officially sure if this show will replace National Bingo Night or follow it.

Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:41:31 PM »
8PM ET to my best knowledge, but I do believe Bingo Night's final episode is next week.

Set For Life is for somewhere around $4,000,000 paid over 40 years.  I have a tiny feeling that we'll be seeing Power of 10 somewhere around this time as well, as casting starts next week.  If you want the easy description of the show, imagine the bonus round for Powerball Instant Millionaire but stretched out to an hour for a hell of a lot more money and essentially no chance of anyone ever winning.  If you want the more indepth description from the British version, here's the game page courtesy of the awesome UKGameshows.  I've seen bits and pieces of the Dutch and UK version, and I do have to agree with what our British friends have said so far, that the show is quite dull.  FYI, the British and Dutch versions (the only ones that have been out so far to my best knowledge) have essentially been failures (Brig or Travis can probably give exact details).  But hey, who knows, it may work here.  Rich List is a success in other countries.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:01:28 PM by itiparanoid13 »

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:39:34 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'155262\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 08:41 PM\']
8PM ET to my best knowledge, but I do believe Bingo Night's final episode is next week.

Set For Life is for somewhere around $4,000,000 paid over 40 years.  I have a tiny feeling that we'll be seeing Power of 10 somewhere around this time as well, as casting starts next week.  If you want the easy description of the show, imagine the bonus round for Powerball Instant Millionaire but stretched out to an hour for a hell of a lot more money and essentially no chance of anyone ever winning.  If you want the more indepth description from the British version, here's the game page courtesy of the awesome UKGameshows.  I've seen bits and pieces of the Dutch and UK version, and I do have to agree with what our British friends have said so far, that the show is quite dull.  FYI, the British and Dutch versions (the only ones that have been out so far to my best knowledge) have essentially been failures (Brig or Travis can probably give exact details).  But hey, who knows, it may work here.  Rich List is a success in other countries.
[/quote]

IIRC, the shows have been sitting around for months.  ABC's doing a summer burnoff on them and I don't expect to see the show coming back after its airing, with the possible exception (shatner) of a GSN repeat run.