Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Singing Bee  (Read 1579 times)

tvmitch

Singing Bee
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »
TelevisionWeek reports that it's Joey Fatone of recent Dancing with the Stars fame, and, uh, some other band too. (The mention is at the bottom of the article.) The show premieres July 11th, I believe. Wow, two weeks to get a brand new show on the air. The times, they are a changin'.

I couldn't find a Singing Bee thread that didn't involve casting, so feel free to merge this if need be.
You should follow me on Twitter

BrandonFG

Singing Bee
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
He also avenged the murders of his fellow band members...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

uncamark

Singing Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'155997\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 01:58 PM\']
TelevisionWeek reports that it's Joey Fatone of recent Dancing with the Stars fame, and, uh, some other band too. (The mention is at the bottom of the article.) The show premieres July 11th, I believe. Wow, two weeks to get a brand new show on the air. The times, they are a changin'.

I couldn't find a Singing Bee thread that didn't involve casting, so feel free to merge this if need be.
[/quote]

Which will not be noticed in the yowling of "Friday Night Lights" fans over the Sunday repeats getting dropped.

Be sure to check out hyperlink with that paragraph for a blow-by-blow on the whole race, including Vince Manze of NBC quoting Howard Beale and the fact that RDF, the Fox format's creators, having been on the other end of a Mike Darnell knockoff with "Wife Swap"/Trading Spouses," are now on Darnell's end.

Brits:  Has RDF come up with any legitimate game show formats before?  (I'm not considering for our purposes "Banzai!" as a legitimate game show format, even if I like Mr. Shake Hands Man.)

JayDLewis

Singing Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »
RDF is behind Scrapheap (Challenge) aka Junkyard Wars (and the...um...interesting Junkyard Mega Wars).

They were also behind Topranko! which seems a bit like Family Fortunes/Feud to me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:51:57 PM by JayDLewis »
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Singing Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'155999\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 03:05 PM\']
He also avenged the murders of his fellow band members...[/quote]
:)

/Reganomics!
This signature is currently under construction.

brianhenke

Singing Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »
Gee, wonder whatever happened to that Justin guy?

Brian
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:02:46 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?