Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Final five  (Read 1611 times)

The Pyramids

Final five
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »
What were the last five pricing game introduced during the Bob Barker era of 'The Price Is Right'? Just curious.

Chelsea Thrasher

Final five
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'156369\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 06:46 PM\'] What were the last five pricing game introduced during the Bob Barker era of 'The Price Is Right'? Just curious. [/quote]

Unless I'm mistaken somewhere, (oldest to newest)
1/2 Off, Pocket Cange, Balance Game 2, Stack The Deck, More or Less
---
Picking nits here, but really, would it have bothered you that much to just spend the quick amount of time needed to look it up yourself?  It's not even an obscure thing, it's something anyone with one of them newfangled internet browsers can find in about 5 minutes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Final five
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:29:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'156371\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 04:55 PM\']
Picking nits here, but really, would it have bothered you that much to just spend the quick amount of time needed to look it up yourself?  It's not even an obscure thing, it's something anyone with one of them newfangled internet browsers can find in about 5 minutes.
[/quote]
Do tell, how would you do it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Final five
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'156373\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 08:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'156371\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 04:55 PM\']
[/quote]Do tell, how would you do it?[/quote]
Yeah, nothing's jumping out at me as a real obvious place to go to look up the info easily.  There are several TPIR fan pages that list the games, but none that I can find that are absolutely chronological AND up to date.  

Golden Road has this page that lists all the games.  Since I knew there were about a hundred of them, I was able to search to find that the 102nd and presumably last one was More or Less, and then using the numerical rankings in a search, the results came out:

102: More or Less
101: Stack the Deck
100: Balance Game
99: Pocket change
98: Half Off

The last two took a while to find since '99' and '98' turn up in a lot of the references to calendar years.

So yes, doable, but hardly quick.  This place is supposed to be a place people can go to ask questions.  I'm not thrilled when they're belittled for doing so.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Chelsea Thrasher

Final five
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:13:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'156377\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 07:45 PM\']The last two took a while to find since '99' and '98' turn up in a lot of the references to calendar years. [/quote]

I'd imagine, with the "97th, 98th, 99th..." naming scheme used there, adding the appropriate suffix (in this case "th") would probably eliminate the false positives in the search.

So yes, doable, but hardly quick.  This place is supposed to be a place people can go to ask questions.  I'm not thrilled when they're belittled for doing so.

I apologize for being so quick to hassle the original poster over the matter - admittedly sometimes I tend to forget that while information in a situation can be easy for one person to find, it may not be so easy for the other to find, hence the need to ask in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:14:50 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Matt Ottinger

Final five
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'156381\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 09:13 PM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'156377\' date=\'Jun 29 2007, 07:45 PM\']The last two took a while to find since '99' and '98' turn up in a lot of the references to calendar years. [/quote]I'd imagine, with the "97th, 98th, 99th..." naming scheme used there, adding the appropriate suffix (in this case "th") would probably eliminate the false positives in the search. [/quote]
D'oh!

(...and I consider myself pretty good at doing this sort of thing...)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:59:55 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.