Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR's Next Host  (Read 8335 times)

BrandonFG

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 01:30:41 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think this could work out.

Yes, I like Todd as a choice, but outside the fanb0i circle, he's an unknown. Honestly, it's not like Steines is a household name either, compared to say, John Tesh, or even Bob Goen...John Tesh, now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Drew, on the other hand, starred in a successful sitcom* that still airs in syndication, and I know a lot of people who fondly loved Whose Line...even if it was for Wayne or Colin. Bottom line: Drew has name recognition and is good on his toes. And he proved in the interview that he GETS IT.

*Granted, ABC did the show worse than CBS with WKRP, he still got nine years...that's good for ANY show.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvrandywest

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »
I started the thread, and can now end it. The deal is done.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:40:17 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

davemackey

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'158130\' date=\'Jul 21 2007, 05:28 PM\']
Well, Drew has the perfect opportunity to tell us if he's doing "Price" or not - he's set to do David Letterman's show on Monday.[/quote]

There, fixed that for me. (And Randy, sorry I added on to your ended thread there.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:47:48 PM by davemackey »

tvrandywest

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'158379\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 07:46 PM\']
There, fixed that for me. (And Randy, sorry I added on to your ended thread there.)
[/quote]No prob. It gives me another chance to say "I told ya so"!!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com