Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation stations?  (Read 5441 times)

LA the DJ

Temptation stations?
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:31:51 AM »
OK so I've searched the board several times (and maybe I'm not putting the right words together), but I'm thinking someone once posted a list or a link to the stations that will be airing Temptation. I've searched the forum and the web a bit and keep coming up with nothing. Can anyone help?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

gsfreak82

Temptation stations?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:39:02 AM »
I only know it's airing on MYPHL 17 in Philadelphia so I'm sure the rest of the market who's getting it will have it on the MY Network in the particular city.

dzinkin

Temptation stations?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'161957\' date=\'Aug 26 2007, 02:31 AM\']
OK so I've searched the board several times (and maybe I'm not putting the right words together), but I'm thinking someone once posted a list or a link to the stations that will be airing Temptation. I've searched the forum and the web a bit and keep coming up with nothing. Can anyone help?
[/quote]
To my knowledge, there hasn't been such a complete list -- that's why most of us who want to find it, and post the information in this thread, have had to contact each individual station or wait until we could access online TV guides for the premiere week.  There have been sporadic articles here and there about individual station groups (most notably the Fox-owned MyNetworkTV stations), and this article that adds a bunch of individual stations, but nothing complete.

[quote name=\'gsfreak82\' post=\'161959\' date=\'Aug 26 2007, 08:39 AM\']
I only know it's airing on MYPHL 17 in Philadelphia so I'm sure the rest of the market who's getting it will have it on the MY Network in the particular city.
[/quote]
Had you bothered to look at any of the threads on when and where Temptation would be airing (including the one I just referenced), you would know that this is incorrect.  It's not a MyNetworkTV show, it's a syndicated show and there are numerous non-My stations that will be airing it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:13:29 AM by dzinkin »

NickS

Temptation stations?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 10:24:12 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'161965\' date=\'Aug 26 2007, 09:12 AM\']Had you bothered to look at any of the threads on when and where Temptation would be airing (including the one I just referenced), you would know that this is incorrect.  It's not a MyNetworkTV show, it's a syndicated show and there are numerous non-My stations that will be airing it.
[/quote]

To boot, AFAIK, if you live in a 100+ market and you have a CW station there, it's going to be on that channel.  Just a heads up.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation stations?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'161994\' date=\'Aug 26 2007, 07:24 PM\']
To boot, AFAIK, if you live in a 100+ market and you have a CW station there, it's going to be on that channel.  Just a heads up.
[/quote]
By that do you mean bigger or smaller than #100?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

Temptation stations?
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »
Most markets smaller than DMA 100 tend to not have a standalone CW affiliate and usually rely on some variant of The CW Plus for that market.  (For the unaware: CW Plus is the CW's cable-only or DT-subchannel-only version  of The CW provided to small markets usually ran by an existing station in the market).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CW_Plus
It's not used in All sub-100 markets, but quite a few of 'em.

DT subchannels in small markets are fun.  I know of at least 1 - Bowling Green, KY - where one station has what for most intents amounts to a triopoly (ABC-FOX-CW) (Though the CW is pretty much entirely just CW Plus), while the other station has NBC and CBS on DT-1 and DT-2 respectively, with plans for MyNetwork as a DT3 sub.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:57:40 PM by Seth Thrasher »

urbanpreppie05

Temptation stations?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
The MyNet affil in Boston/New England has a promo on their site...

http://www.mytvstation.tv/

Notes:
Unless this was the pilot clips- The set is the aussie one. Which is good.
The theme used over the commerical sounds close to the Aussie one as well...
So far, so good...
insert signature here

clemon79

Temptation stations?
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'162013\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 08:37 AM\']
The theme used over the commerical sounds close to the Aussie one as well...
[/quote]
The theme being the Aussie one isn't necessarily good...that is by far the weakest aspect of the show. It's a homogenized sax riff with no melody. Think of the Donnymid theme, except less electronic.

urbanpreppie05

Temptation stations?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
The theme being the Aussie one isn't necessarily good...that is by far the weakest aspect of the show. It's a homogenized sax riff with no melody. Think of the Donnymid theme, except less electronic.

True...but It's not terrible either.

/I'm actually glad the old Sale theme's not back
insert signature here

tpirfan28

Temptation stations?
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »
Which one?  I like the first one...not the remix from '87 or so.

My question...do we know who Rossi's "assistant" is (read: HPOA)?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

Temptation stations?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'162017\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 09:01 AM\']
True...but It's not terrible either.

[/quote]
I agree, it's not terrible, but at the same time, picture that same musical arrangement (the smooth sax, etc) with the classic Sale theme. (Even the classic Aussie sale theme. I would still dearly love to find an in-the-clear of the Aussie Sale theme from Sale Of The New Century.) Would have RULED.

Jumpondees

Temptation stations?
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »
If 20th Television is looking to turn this show into a hit, it's not going to be here in Pittsburgh.

So I read it's going to be on the low power WBGN station which unless you have a really good OTA antenna, or a Comcast system that carries it, you're out of luck.

According to Zap2it, Temptation will air double-run 6-7pm, following and leading into episodes of Degrassi:TNG at 5:30pm and 7pm.  

I just love the programming decisions made in this city sometimes, but at least there is one positive that comes of it...We'll never see a episode pre-empted unless some kind of man made or nature made disasters strike the station's building (or shall I say "shack") on Greentree Road.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:12:03 PM by Jumpondees »

urbanpreppie05

Temptation stations?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'162214\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 10:55 PM\']
If 20th Television is looking to turn this show into a hit, it's not going to be here in Pittsburgh.

So I read it's going to be on the low power WBGN station which unless you have a really good OTA antenna, or a Comcast system that carries it, you're out of luck.

According to Zap2it, Temptation will air double-run 6-7pm, following and leading into episodes of Degrassi:TNG at 5:30pm and 7pm.  

I just love the programming decisions made in this city sometimes, but at least there is one positive that comes of it...We'll never see a episode pre-empted unless some kind of man made or nature made disasters strike the station's building (or shall I say "shack") on Greentree Road.
[/quote]

And maybe we should complain to Comcast. I know I will be. Because it makes NO sense for me to recieve two NBC and CBS stations.
insert signature here

dzinkin

Temptation stations?
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 11:24:38 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'162215\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 11:20 PM\']
And maybe we should complain to Comcast. I know I will be. Because it makes NO sense for me to recieve two NBC and CBS stations.
[/quote]
There are people who see getting multiple affiliates of a network as a plus, y'know. :-)

Jumpondees

Temptation stations?
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'162216\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 11:24 PM\']
There are people who see getting multiple affiliates of a network as a plus, y'know. :-)
[/quote]

I second that sentiment Dave, I remember when I used to live in between DC and Baltimore, how much I loved getting the DC and Baltimore stations on my cable TV.  Back in those days, I loved having the choice of watching one set of newscasts over the other, catching certain programs at times that were convienient to me, etc.  

It was a sad day when our cable system had to dump the Baltimore stations due the feds getting involved, and what was sadder was geographically we were closer to B'more and we had to lose those stations because Neilsen had our zip code classifed as DC market.

Those were the days!