Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homemade Props  (Read 6830 times)

Adam Nedeff

Homemade Props
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
The Hole in One props aren't to scale with the virtual door in the background. I'm giving this my lowest rating ever...seven thumbs up.

OK, seriously, those things look phenomenal, it's almost like you were expecting nitpickers to show up...and I'm digging the Medium Wheel, if you don't have room for that in your basement, feel free to send it this way. Great job!

Also, nice construction on the three models, or Prainito's Pretties. How long did it take you to build and paint those?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Homemade Props
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »
Very impressive! We put on Match Game back in July and these things always involve much more work than they would appear to.

What did you do for music?

TimK2003

Homemade Props
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 10:32:04 PM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' post=\'162153\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 04:02 PM\']
Sunday night, I hosted my fourth annual "Game Show Night" for the American Cancer Society.  This year was our best year ever!  We had a big crowd, and made $1000 for the cause!

Some of the the pictures are a little dark, but you can still see my homemade TPIR props.  Let me know how they look.  I know they look good, but if you guys are impressed, then I've definitely done right!

[/quote]

Sam,

That was probably one of the best labors of love I have seen in quite a while, especially with all of the detailed "sets" that were done on Powerpoint!

If I were you, I'd seriously consider working on creating more material, and take your show on the road....

...to GSC7 next year in L.A.!!!!

Jumpondees

Homemade Props
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 12:06:15 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162172\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 05:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'162165\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 01:48 PM\']
Well, what about those of us who don't like Myspace?
[/quote]
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6084/hairafterwr2.jpg

/I said good day!
[/quote]

LOL!  The only ONE TRUE "Willy Wonka" in my eyes!

SamPrainito

Homemade Props
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
Thank you everyone for the awesome feedback!  I know the stuff looks good, but it means a lot to me to hear it from my fellow "game show geeks", as opposed to mom or friends.

I'm VERY proud of the show we did this year we raised $1000 for the American Cancer Society, and that donation will be made in my late father's name.

I'm a bit of a nitpicker myself, so I've always tried to do this show in such a way, that if a TPIR superfan (like myself) would show up, they couldn't complain.  Adam,  I might actually call it "The Medium Wheel" next year!, and "Prainito's Pretties" is also a good one.  I've always called them "Sammy's Sweeties"!

Keep in mind, this was my fourth year, so I've had some of the props for a few years.  Plinko, for example was built for me in 2005.  It's always a challenge for me to find people with building skills to do these things, because I have no idea what to do!  By the way, try going to your local Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart, and tell the clerk you're building a Plinko board, or the Big Wheel, and just wait for their reaction!  Some of them are priceless!  (No pun intended!)

For music, I just used the cues that are available online.  Some were replicated midi's, but most were the actual cues and sfx.  That's why I said in a previous post, I'd really appreciate it if MSTieScott or Randy kept my little show to themselves.  The Fremantle lawyers won't get much from me, except an '85 Pontiac Parisienne!

I'd LOVE to be able to do this show at GSC, but that would be a logistical nightmare.  If GSC is on both coasts again next year, maybe the Invision group could schedule a stop over here in St. Louis??

-Sam

Adam Nedeff

Homemade Props
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 01:04:31 AM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' post=\'162225\' date=\'Aug 29 2007, 12:45 AM\']
Adam,  I might actually call it "The Medium Wheel" next year!, and "Prainito's Pretties" is also a good one.  I've always called them "Sammy's Sweeties"!
[/quote]
Sammy's Sweeties is better. Stick with that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Homemade Props
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 02:53:26 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'162208\' date=\'Aug 28 2007, 07:32 PM\']
...to GSC7 next year in L.A.!!!!
[/quote]
Will you be helping to pay his freight costs?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Homemade Props
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »
Here's an interesting little fact I learned from an actual attorney for BMI. You're OK using show tunes provided the venue you are performing at has a license. It looks to me like you put this on at a hotel, so if they have paid the appropriate fees to BMI/ASCAP you should be OK. When we put on Match Game I told the attorney that music rights were a concern of mine and after he explained it I was quite relieved.

SamPrainito

Homemade Props
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »
My show was in the banquet room of restaraunt/bar where bands usually play, so I assume they have the appropriate licenses.

That's good to know!