Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ray Combs was arrested?  (Read 6638 times)

LA the DJ

Ray Combs was arrested?
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
We all know about the many problems Ray suffered, but I don't recall ever hearing that he was arrested.
I found this group of clippings on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/CLIPPINGS-Ray-Combs_W0...VQQcmdZViewItem
which include Ray being hauled off by police.
Anyone know the story behind this?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Kevin Prather

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 06:52:56 PM »
My first thought is that maybe it's from a tabloid? Perhaps Weekly World News?

LA the DJ

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'163714\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:52 PM\']
[/quote]
Well, that was my thinking, too, judging from the fonts and format, but where would the pics have come from?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

davewalls

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
Off the top of my head, the "Game Over" pic looks like something out of "People"..the black and white pic almost looks like the Weekly World News. The extensive Italics give it away to me.

Just a guess.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

Kevin Prather

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:59:18 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'163715\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 03:54 PM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'163714\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:52 PM\']
[/quote]
Well, that was my thinking, too, judging from the fonts and format, but where would the pics have come from?
[/quote]
A lookalike?

tpirfan28

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'163713\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:47 PM\']
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLIPPINGS-Ray-Combs_W0...VQQcmdZViewItem
[/quote]
I'm being completely serious about this:  Who would want this?

(Adam Kleist notwithstanding)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dzinkin

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 07:07:40 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'163718\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 07:03 PM\']
I'm being completely serious about this:  Who would want this?

(Adam Kleist notwithstanding)
[/quote]
Adam doesn't need it.  He gets all the Ray Combs "news" he needs from his bowling buddy.

mmb5

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »
Portions of a 4/9/1990 AP story:

* Feud' host in battle of his own
Ray Combs, the host of the television game show "Family Feud," was arrested on a private criminal trespassing complaint after he appeared on the stage of the comedy club he co-owns in Cincinnati.  Combs' arrest Friday night was the latest legal action in a dispute about ownership and operation of the downtown CaddyCombs Comedy Club.
On March 16, Combs filed a complaint against The House Inc , the company of Charles Schneider, who owns the building housing the CaddyCombs and Caddy clubs. Combs alleges in the suit that The House Inc. should provide separate waiting rooms for the two clubs, has failed to properly maintain the club, failed to pay half of the profits and failed to separate the two clubs.

If I get blessings from a moderator, I will post the whole thing.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

dzinkin

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'163728\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 08:00 PM\']
If I get blessings from a moderator, I will post the whole thing.
[/quote]
I kinda doubt we'll be taking away any magazine or newspaper sales with something that old.  Go ahead.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:22:01 PM by dzinkin »

mmb5

Ray Combs was arrested?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 10:23:42 PM »
Article #1 (April 9, 1990):

Ray Combs, the host of the television game show "Family Feud," was arrested on a private criminal trespassing complaint after he appeared on the stage of the comedy club he coowns in Cincinnati.

Combs' arrest Friday night was the latest legal action in a dispute about ownership and operation of the downtown CaddyCombs Comedy Club.

Combs, of Hamilton, was arrested by Cincinnati police as he left the club, which he and others opened in September. He was later released at police headquarters.

Combs described the arrest as his first and as "the grossest injustice of human rights I have ever seen." He is scheduled to appear April 25 in Hamilton County Municipal Court.

In an affidavit filed Friday night, Daryl Burlew, manager of CaddyCombs, said Combs entered the club and remained there despite instructions to leave from club attorneys.

On March 16. Combs filed a complaint against The House Inc., the company of Charles Schneider, who owns the building housing the CaddyCombs and Caddy clubs Combs alleges in the suit that The House Inc. should provide separate waiting rooms for the two clubs, has failed to properly maintain the club, failed to pay half of the profits and failed to separate the two clubs.

Article #2 (April 19, 1990):

Ray Combs files suit against nightclub owner

CINCINNATI (AP) — Ray Combs, host of television's "Family Feud,." has filed a $20 million defamation lawsuit against a nightclub owner over remarks published in the National Enquirer.

Combs' lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court, accuses Charles Schneider of Cincinnati of making false statements about the comedian.  Combs and Schneider are already battling in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court over ownership and operation of the CaddyCombs Comedy Club. Schneider had Combs arrested at the comedy club on a private criminal trespassing complaint April 6, after Combs performed there.

Combs' lawsuit in federal court alleges that Schneider told the National Enquirer that Combs "engineered his own arrest as a publicity stunt — and he even tipped off the TV cameras to be there."

I can't find anything on how it was resolved.  I know the place was out of business by 1994.  I went to a Reds game over Memorial Day weekend that year and used the parking garage next door to the club.  It was a Saturday night and it was empty.

--Mike
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:26:34 PM by mmb5 »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.