Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pacdude Games' newest game  (Read 3541 times)

pacdude

Pacdude Games' newest game
« on: September 26, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »
I'm actually not sure if this is allowed or not. People have posted my games before, but I figure I'll beat them to it, I suppose.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/402430

It's been 2 years in the making, but I think it's pretty spiffy, if not a different departure from most games.

J.R.

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'164842\' date=\'Sep 26 2007, 01:25 PM\']
I'm actually not sure if this is allowed or not. People have posted my games before, but I figure I'll beat them to it, I suppose.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/402430

It's been 2 years in the making, but I think it's pretty spiffy, if not a different departure from most games.
[/quote]

FANTASTIC update! Very well done! (I especially loved the rankings!)

All my 5 r belong to this. :-)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:09:05 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »
Very cute! It could use some more variety (you really need that in a microgame collection), but I really really like the concept. Well done! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »
My high is 59.  Damn that is addictive.... :)

The only nit I have is with Wheel...your puzzles seem to repeat a lot.  In my 59 run, I got Wheel 7 times, and 5 times it was the same puzzle.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

pacdude

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »
The joys of "random" functions. I can totally add more puzzles. I think there's only 10 in there, and it's not too hard to add more.

I like using Newgrounds as a test for "official" release on my website, because there's a lot of honest opinions to be had.

As for your concern, yes, more puzzles are to be had!

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
Enjoyed the game a lot. I expect to play it more when I'm at home later this evening and not at work!

Echo the sentiment about the WoF puzzles. Also, I saw an awful lot of STYD and J!, but not much of the other games, when I scored 27.
You should follow me on Twitter

tpirfan28

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'164852\' date=\'Sep 26 2007, 03:50 PM\']
Also, I saw an awful lot of STYD and J!, but not much of the other games, when I scored 27.
[/quote]
Huh...that's weird.  When I played, I got a really even distribution of the games, except for H2.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvmitch

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:59:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'164853\' date=\'Sep 26 2007, 03:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'164852\' date=\'Sep 26 2007, 03:50 PM\']
Also, I saw an awful lot of STYD and J!, but not much of the other games, when I scored 27.
[/quote]
Huh...that's weird.  When I played, I got a really even distribution of the games, except for H2.
[/quote]
It's enough that I thought that the whole game was STYD at first. I think I got three of those games in a row, then two J!, then another two STYD. Then the games started to be more varied.
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'164849\' date=\'Sep 26 2007, 12:41 PM\']
As for your concern, yes, more puzzles are to be had!
[/quote]
Wasn't a concern, just an observation. :) I've enjoyed your stuff in the past, and I continue to do so. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jmenjes

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:21:47 PM »
Game shows meets Wario Ware!

Very well done!  That's a blast to play.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 02:04:18 AM »
Very addictive, and a good test of reflexes.

One thing though: I don't know if it's my comp, but on the higher level of "Blockbusters", I hit the 15th hexagon in time, but upon hitting #15, there would be a one-second pause, and the game would tell me I lost. Dunno if it's my comp, but it works fine when you only need 10 hexes.

Other than that, excellent game!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »
Yeah...definitely wasn't making a slam on the puzzles.  There was more variety this time (and one puzzle is devilishly hard when trying to think fast)...donno if you've updated the database already or the fact I was passed level 100. :)

Excellent work, and I will definitely will keep playing.