Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon Game Shows  (Read 1442 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Nickelodeon Game Shows
« on: September 29, 2007, 04:50:22 AM »
Since I am still up, I thought I'd catch an episode of that classic show Nick Arcade. The score was Yellow-185, Red-65.  The red team was in control, and chose to move to the "GOAL".  The "GOAL" is only worth 100 points if you score it, and nothing else.

When they made this decision, the audience went nuts, even though the red team eliminated any chance they had to win the game.

To this I ask...why did (it seems like a lot) of the Nickelodeon shows not just end things then and there?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

LA the DJ

Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'165067\' date=\'Sep 29 2007, 04:50 AM\']
To this I ask...why did (it seems like a lot) of the Nickelodeon shows not just end things then and there?
[/quote]

Possibly to give the kids an opportunity to make the score closer and make them feel a little better. They have an opportunity to walk away and say "Wow! We only lost by 20 points" with a little confidence rather than "Oh! We did something stupid and lost by 120 points!"
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

WilliamPorygon

Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:23:37 AM »
They went nuts because getting to the Goal space before the time's up signal was so rare that it really was that exciting to see, scoring be damned.

If they ended the game right there Phil probably would have had to stretch awhile, and nobody would have been able to stand him long enough to stay and watch the bonus game.

uncamark

Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' post=\'165070\' date=\'Sep 29 2007, 05:23 AM\']
They went nuts because getting to the Goal space before the time's up signal was so rare that it really was that exciting to see, scoring be damned.

If they ended the game right there Phil probably would have had to stretch awhile, and nobody would have been able to stand him long enough to stay and watch the bonus game.
[/quote]

Plus the warmup guy was waving at the audience to react.  :)