Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: H2 question  (Read 5796 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
H2 question
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2003, 07:47:35 PM »
[quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 02:09 PM\'] However, if the strategy is to go to a corner square after your opponent correctly gets the center box, why keep going to the same corner square every single time?
 [/quote]
 1) Why not?

2) (and this is getting WAY too strategic for H2, but what the hell) Because I've heard the celebrity answer a question before, and maybe I can discern something from that that can help me detect a bluff?
If I feel like I'm watching the same celebs get asked questions all the time and never hearing from others -- who may be my favorites and may be the reason I tuned in that day -- I might not be inclined to watch further episodes.
Good for you. As a contestant, I have a job to do, and that is to win money using the path of least resistance. And I could personally give a rip if I'm doing it in an entertaining fashion or not. If that means picking Alf all day, so be it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyrfan

H2 question
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2003, 12:39:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 06:47 PM\']
If I feel like I'm watching the same celebs get asked questions all the time and never hearing from others -- who may be my favorites and may be the reason I tuned in that day -- I might not be inclined to watch further episodes.

Good for you. As a contestant, I have a job to do, and that is to win money using the path of least resistance. And I could personally give a rip if I'm doing it in an entertaining fashion or not. If that means picking Alf all day, so be it.[/quote]
Good for you. As a producer, my job would be to keep the show from seeming repetitive and boring for the home viewer. If that means maybe getting some variety in the celeb selections by encouraging the contestants to exercise some variety themselves -- advice they can either accept or reject -- when they choose celebs, then so be it.

Yes, it's a game and there is strategy, but if there are no viewers, there is no game.

Brendan

Robert Hutchinson

H2 question
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2003, 01:06:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 03:20 PM\'] One wonders if this is the same pinhead who encourages WOF contestants-to-be to "buy lots of vowels". [/quote]
 On the average, I wouldn't call that pinheaded advice. Rarely does one see vowels being bought when they shouldn't be (even if it's just stalling for time), and very, very often does one see perfectly good vowels going unbought.

T H _
_ _ T _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
T _ _ _ _ _ _

*spins*

\"Uhhhh ... a K???\"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
H2 question
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2003, 01:17:23 AM »
[quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 09:39 PM\'] Good for you. As a producer, my job would be to keep the show from seeming repetitive and boring for the home viewer.
 [/quote]
 Without question.
If that means maybe getting some variety in the celeb selections by encouraging the contestants to exercise some variety themselves -- advice they can either accept or reject -- when they choose celebs, then so be it.
That's correct. And a contestant who chooses to be swayed by that \"encouragement\" deserves whatever fate befalls them as a result, because it certainly isn't being made in their best interest. That's all I'm saying.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

H2 question
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 01:43:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 12:17 AM\'] [quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 09:39 PM\'] Good for you. As a producer, my job would be to keep the show from seeming repetitive and boring for the home viewer.
 [/quote]
Without question.
If that means maybe getting some variety in the celeb selections by encouraging the contestants to exercise some variety themselves -- advice they can either accept or reject -- when they choose celebs, then so be it.
That's correct. And a contestant who chooses to be swayed by that "encouragement" deserves whatever fate befalls them as a result, because it certainly isn't being made in their best interest. That's all I'm saying. [/quote]
 As a producer, you do your job best (keep the show from seeming repetitive and boring for the viewer) by making sure that it is in the contestants' best interest to vary it somewhat without being prodded.  In addition, you as producer want the funniest celebs to be chosen most often.

I think the following set-up comes close to optimizing the things you want:
(1) The funniest celeb stays in the center square, preferably one of your permanent celebs.
(2) The four funniest of the remaining four rotate the corners.  (Depending on how many permanent celebs you have, you might want to designate one or two for this role.)
(3) The other celebs stay put in the other squares.
This way, a given funny person and a given non-funny person (relatively speaking, I mean) will be next to each other for some games and not for others.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.