Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Radio Alert: "Whad'ya Know?" 10/13  (Read 1392 times)

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Radio Alert: "Whad'ya Know?" 10/13
« on: October 08, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
If the show's official site is to be believed, Wink Martindale and Bob Barker will be appearing on this week's "Whad'ya Know?". They will both be calling in to help the live in-studio contestants on the quiz. The show will air this Sat. at 11AM EST/10A CST, on most public radio stations. The quiz usually airs at :45 after the hour.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »
I'll just bump this up-------the show is airing live in most places as I write.

If you're missing it, be sure to get to notmuch.com as soon after the show as you can, and listen to the audio stream. Just the first hour is proving to be pretty fun and interesting [I shall spoil absolutely nothing].
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:55:26 AM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'166609\' date=\'Oct 13 2007, 10:51 AM\']
I'll just bump this up-------the show is airing live in most places as I write.

If you're missing it, be sure to get to notmuch.com as soon after the show as you can, and listen to the audio stream. Just the first hour is proving to be pretty fun and interesting [I shall spoil absolutely nothing].
[/quote]

And besides the stream, the first hour is podcast (links on web site home page).

Personally, let me add that if you live in or are planning to visit the Madison area, cough up the bucks and go to a live broadcast.  You'll have a good time with friendly people.  Plus free coffee and doughnuts (and we're talkin' Wisconsin hand-made doughnuts, not Dunkin or Krispy Kreme) and a beautiful view of Lake Monona.  Sure, they do the road shows, but it's always better to be at the home base.