Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel 25 Site  (Read 1497 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Wheel 25 Site
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »
There's an extra Wheel site up now. You can "Meet the Letters", download new wallpapers, and all that other stuff.
http://www.wheeloffortune.com/25years/
Oh, and there's a timeline as well. Have fun with that. Apparently, Wheel debuted in '75, but Vanna was the first female co-host ever.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

wheelloon

Wheel 25 Site
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:59:32 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'167045\' date=\'Oct 16 2007, 08:40 PM\']
Oh, and there's a timeline as well. Have fun with that. Apparently, Wheel debuted in '75, but Vanna was the first female co-host ever.
[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that a day or two ago, and raised a couple eyebrows at it. Then again, I don't think we'll hear Susie speaking up against the comment, if she ever saw it.

I also don't like how the site only mentions Pat and Vanna. Sure, they are the most well known, and my personal favorites, but half of a particular cable network's employed emcees also hosted Wheel at one point or another (Woolery and Goen of course), and I think they deserve a mention somewhere.

Nevertheless, I like the site, and the new grayish themed wallpaper they have to download has a great pic of Pat and Vanna from the 1993 era. Really though, they still act like the 16 years WoF ran on daytime were completely forgotten, when it was the crux of the show's foundation. Such a shame...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Eric Paddon

Wheel 25 Site
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:15:31 PM »
That is the one thing that has irritated me most about both WOF and Jeoaprdy over the years, in that there has always seemed like a conscious effort to deny the past history of both shows and act as if they sprung up one night as new entites in 83 and 84.     The disappearance of all Chuck's WOF episodes and the destruction of almost all of the Fleming Jeopardy's has caused their work to become forgotten, and to me that is indeed a big shame (and in the case of WOF, we can likely blame Merv for that).

johnnyd1788

Wheel 25 Site
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:35:54 PM »
But IMO, I am getting a kick out of this customizable wallpaper for my desktop...

People get thrown off when a simple wallpaper says dirty things and changes daily.

;)

tmq800

Wheel 25 Site
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »
I am surprised that there are no Wheel clips from the 1988-1997 era.