Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks & Family Feud:  (Read 1379 times)

TimK2003

Card Sharks & Family Feud:
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
For those who remember the original (non-GSN) runs of Card Sharks and Family Feud, you may remember Gene Wood doing the obigatory Contestant and Ticket Plugs.  

In addition, both Sharks and Feud also did plugs for people who wished to participate in polls for future questions.  

Every so often, they would ask for "specific" people to write in and participate in surveys for future questions.
On these occasions, they would show the "postcard" on the screen with the unusual survey title (to help the sorters at G/T direct it to the proper pile, I assume) along with the address.  Example:

"Mad" Scientists
Card Sharks
6430 Sunset Boulevard
Hollywood, CA  90036

Anybody remember the more unusual requests, or your favorite requests for pollsters that Gene, Jim or Richard asked for?

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'167322\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 09:00 AM\']
For those who remember the original (non-GSN) runs of Card Sharks and Family Feud, you may remember Gene Wood doing the obigatory Contestant and Ticket Plugs.  

In addition, both Sharks and Feud also did plugs for people who wished to participate in polls for future questions.  

Every so often, they would ask for "specific" people to write in and participate in surveys for future questions.
On these occasions, they would show the "postcard" on the screen with the unusual survey title (to help the sorters at G/T direct it to the proper pile, I assume) along with the address.  Example:

"Mad" Scientists
Card Sharks
6430 Sunset Boulevard
Hollywood, CA  90036

Anybody remember the more unusual requests, or your favorite requests for pollsters that Gene, Jim or Richard asked for?
[/quote]

Seems to me that after the first week, "Feud" never ran plugs for the survey mailing list.  They got 40,000 requests from the first week and used that list in both the 70s and 80s incarnations.

Also, "Feud" didn't do much special polls. All I remember were either all-men or all-women (which they could take off of their main list) and kids, in which case I believe they used schools in LA to get their participants.  The wacky polls were all "CS."

HYHYBT

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 02:43:18 AM »
I remember the Combs version doing two or three, and how strange it seemed that if they needed people for those groups they didn't advertise for general surveys... but this long after, I have no idea what groups they were for.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:44:42 AM by HYHYBT »
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
I recall one--Combs, I think--where they asked 100 bartenders what occupation tips the best (or maybe it was the worst).
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 04:05:02 PM »
Seems to me that after the first week, "Feud" never ran plugs for the survey mailing list. They got 40,000 requests from the first week and used that list in both the 70s and 80s incarnations.

I remember those, with Gene saying "....we'll put you on our survey mailing list".

I almost wrote in myself...but I was still pre-teen at the time...I guess that's probably too young to participate!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!