Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity "Don't Forget the Lyrics"  (Read 2302 times)

tvwxman

Celebrity "Don't Forget the Lyrics"
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
If they're taking a page from the Goodson/Todman playbook, maybe this will kill the show?

Please?

-----------------
From the NY Daily News....

Dots all ...

Thursday night at 9, the Fox game show "Don't Forget the Lyrics" will begin airing installments featuring well-known performers. "Rock of Love" star and Poison front man Bret Michaels, the group Boyz II Men, Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon and "American Idol's" Kimberly Locke will each compete on behalf of their favorite charities, with appearances by Gloria Gaynor and Kenny Loggins...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'178165\' date=\'Feb 18 2008, 07:53 PM\']
If they're taking a page from the Goodson/Todman playbook, maybe this will kill the show?
[/quote]
Yes.  Sweet Jesus yes it better.  Now just get Moment of Truth off the air and I'll be happy.  And by the interview Mark Walberg gave with Ellen today, he seems to agree.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »
I wonder how many of these celebrities would be tripped up by their own lyrics...

Kevin Cronin, your selection is... "Can't Fight This Feeling"...
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

Jamey Greek

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:34:27 AM »
are they going to change to a celebrty format for good or is it just special shows?

rigsby

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »
Sounds like special episodes for now, but that's how ABC started killing Millionaire as well...

TravisP

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
As we are still in "sweeps" it's likely these are deemed as special episodes. According to one site, they are only producing three celebrity specials to be shown on the next three Thursday nights. It's basically what 5th Grader did back in November sweeps but Lyrics are having their go now.

I doubt FOX would go overboard with celebrity specials, like ABC's Millionaire. At least they are keeping things down to a minimum. I've heard the French version introduced celebrities after being on the air for two months.

On a related note, I know they showed the 11 year old contestant recently but have they aired that couples special yet?

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'178200\' date=\'Feb 19 2008, 09:55 AM\']
As we are still in "sweeps" it's likely these are deemed as special episodes. According to one site, they are only producing three celebrity specials to be shown on the next three Thursday nights. It's basically what 5th Grader did back in November sweeps but Lyrics are having their go now.

I doubt FOX would go overboard with celebrity specials, like ABC's Millionaire. At least they are keeping things down to a minimum. I've heard the French version introduced celebrities after being on the air for two months.

On a related note, I know they showed the 11 year old contestant recently but have they aired that couples special yet?
[/quote]

Week before last, I believe.  Neither game show was on last week due to the NAACP Image Awards.  The "Idol" Top 12 results show's pre-empting "...5th Grader?" this week.

And this Monday, "Truth" is getting a Monday night slot at 8 p.m. (where "Prison Break" ran--it completed its season prematurely due to the strike and I guess will not get to continue until next season) against "DOND."  Don't know if it might be permanent (they are flipping its slot with "Idol" on Wednesday nights starting next week, I believe), but if it does affect "DOND," they may make it permanent (and "DOND" might, if they can run into the studio in time, do yet another M$M show for this Monday to blunt it--they said last night was the last one, but my TVGI program guide shows another one Wednesday).

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:50 PM »
This reminds me -- I need to get the list finalized for Celebrity Pull My Finger...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'178206\' date=\'Feb 19 2008, 09:30 AM\']
This reminds me -- I need to get the list finalized for Celebrity Pull My Finger...
[/quote]
And this gazpacho certainly isn't going to make itself!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »
To respond to Travis, I've seen parts of two episodes of N'oubliez pas les paroles! on the dish and they've both been celebs.  They play in teams of two, and they get through three games on average in two hours.  Also... the one this past week went out live.

R.