Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 2623 times)

abba

Temptation
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »
Whenever an instant bargain is introduced Rosse asks the other contestants if they would take the bargain and they always say yes. Is this becuse they really want the bargain or are they told to say yes in order to make the other contestant tempted?

uncamark

Temptation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »
[quote name=\'abba\' post=\'178188\' date=\'Feb 18 2008, 11:04 PM\']
Whenever an instant bargain is introduced Rosse asks the other contestants if they would take the bargain and they always say yes. Is this becuse they really want the bargain or are they told to say yes in order to make the other contestant tempted?
[/quote]

You'd have to ask someone who's been on the show that question.  No doubt that contestant coordinators do give out instructions--and I wouldn't put it past them telling the contestants to say things--but only someone who's actually been on the show (or worked for the show) could tell you for sure.

Clay Zambo

Temptation
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »
[quote name=\'abba\' post=\'178188\' date=\'Feb 19 2008, 12:04 AM\']
[/quote]

I'm not in the lead.  I can't have this.  It's a cool-ish prize.  If you spend your money on it, I'll have a better chance of catching up to you, and maybe winning the game.  

Why on earth wouldn't I tell you to take the bargain?
czambo@mac.com

Adam Nedeff

Temptation
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
[quote name=\'abba\' post=\'178188\' date=\'Feb 19 2008, 01:04 AM\']
[/quote]
Straight from my roommate, who won $12,000 worth of loot back in November:

They said to "cheer them on" because obviously the more temptations they take the better for us at the end. But they made it very clear to all of us that when it's our decision to ma,e if we don't want it, we don't have to take it and that we can play the game however we want

So there you go. My roommate, in particular, snowed opponents on two shows into buying Instant Cash and buying a collection of sunglasses. In both cases, she would have lost the game if they hadn't made the purchases. My roommate is a diabolical genius.